Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,996 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon Droid DNA stuck in bootloop after OTA update...

Tip us?

DuceTheTruth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Verizon Droid DNA stuck in bootloop after OTA update...

I hope not to make a duplicate thread but sorry if I do.

I took on this project trying to help a friend out. This is the first VZW phone I've operated on. I've been to multiple threads on different websites and tried various procedures all to no avail.

This phone was all stock b4 the update....tried to take the update and has been in a bootloop ever since.....phone gets stuck at the white HTC quite briliant screen.

I've tried unlocking the bootloader via revone but for some reason adb will not recognize the phone....although fastboot commands are not a problem....

I'm almost at the point of installing some linux distro just so I can try moonshine..

I've tried 2 different RUU's for this phone....both fail....

HTCdev failed me also.....couldnt get the token....smh

Turning the phone back in to VZW wasnt an option because is was opened previously...warranty voided.

any help would be good help as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still trying to figure out how to find out what firmware is on the phone....and I take it "fastboot getvar all" doesnt tell you that...

On both RUU's that I have...they tell me that I have image 4.09.(xxx) <---I cant remember the last digits right now

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1473

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuceTheTruth View Post
I hope not to make a duplicate thread but sorry if I do.

I took on this project trying to help a friend out. This is the first VZW phone I've operated on. I've been to multiple threads on different websites and tried various procedures all to no avail.

This phone was all stock b4 the update....tried to take the update and has been in a bootloop ever since.....phone gets stuck at the white HTC quite briliant screen.

I've tried unlocking the bootloader via revone but for some reason adb will not recognize the phone....although fastboot commands are not a problem....

I'm almost at the point of installing some linux distro just so I can try moonshine..

I've tried 2 different RUU's for this phone....both fail....

HTCdev failed me also.....couldnt get the token....smh

Turning the phone back in to VZW wasnt an option because is was opened previously...warranty voided.

any help would be good help as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still trying to figure out how to find out what firmware is on the phone....and I take it "fastboot getvar all" doesnt tell you that...

On both RUU's that I have...they tell me that I have image 4.09.(xxx) <---I cant remember the last digits right now
We will need the info on the bootloader screen, all of it please. It will provide info which can be useful
The Following User Says Thank You to .torrented For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DuceTheTruth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
We will need the info on the bootloader screen, all of it please. It will provide info which can be useful

Thanks for replying....

***LOCKED*****

MONARUDO PVT SHIP S-ON RH

HBOOT-1.57.0000

RADIO-1.01.01.1112

OpenDSP-v-10.120.274.0520

OS-4.09.605.1

eMMC-boot 2048MB

Mar 13 2014, 19:19:14.0

C:\>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.01.01.1112
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.09.605.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FA2BPS501936
(bootloader) imei: 990000671822338
(bootloader) meid: 99000067182233
(bootloader) product: monarudo
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PL8320000
(bootloader) cidnum: VZW__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4225mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-ae8bbb39
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.060s

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1473

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuceTheTruth View Post
Thanks for replying....

***LOCKED*****

MONARUDO PVT SHIP S-ON RH

HBOOT-1.57.0000

RADIO-1.01.01.1112

OpenDSP-v-10.120.274.0520

OS-4.09.605.1

eMMC-boot 2048MB

Mar 13 2014, 19:19:14.0

C:\>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.01.01.1112
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.09.605.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FA2BPS501936
(bootloader) imei: 990000671822338
(bootloader) meid: 99000067182233
(bootloader) product: monarudo
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PL8320000
(bootloader) cidnum: VZW__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4225mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-ae8bbb39
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.060s
I can tell you that the phone is indeed on the latest update, bootloader, baseband, and version-main all indicate that it is on the 4.09.605.1 update, have you tried to do a factory reset from within the bootloader/stock recovery?

That may help, may not. since you are locked and s-on, there really isnt much else to do.

Just for the heck of it, have you tried to flash the flashable RUU-ROM.zip from my firmware thread? Probably wont work but idk what else there is to do, being as you are still stock and locked.
The Following User Says Thank You to .torrented For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DuceTheTruth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
I can tell you that the phone is indeed on the latest update, bootloader, baseband, and version-main all indicate that it is on the 4.09.605.1 update, have you tried to do a factory reset from within the bootloader/stock recovery?

That may help, may not. since you are locked and s-on, there really isnt much else to do.

Just for the heck of it, have you tried to flash the flashable RUU-ROM.zip from my firmware thread? Probably wont work but idk what else there is to do, being as you are still stock and locked.

Interesting.....

I have tried the factory reset in the bootloader and it just goes to a picture of a green down arrow with two green arrows in a circle facing clockwise.... Then goes back to white HTC screen...

And I did try the flashable RUU zip.... And I will try it again..

Is it true that have to unlock the bootloader before anything else?

I'm searching for ways to do that while in this bootloop state....

And then possibly downgrading?

And if this phone really is stuck I feel that Verizon is at fault here.. . Even if it was dropped and the back came off....

My friend told me that at the time the update came through he had very little memory....

And I've read elsewhere that the exact same issue caused similar problems on some phones....

I'm surprised there's no class action on the horizon.

CHRIST STARZ
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Htc black screen with four triangles

Man I really need help. ...I tried to flash and something went wrong to where I erased the entire os and I continued to fix this issue because all I had access to was twrp(custom rom) and bootloader. then what was crazy is that it appeared that based on the fact that I was on 4.4.2 kit kat that I was unable to fix it. after researching I found a ruu that didn't have the boot image so I flashed the factory ruu with no boot image and my htc scrren with the status bar filled all the way up but it never moved off of that screen I assume because that ruu didn't have the boot image so I thought that common sense would be to at one of the boot images that I had to the zip file of the ruu without the boot image....that's when I made things worst and now im stuck on this htc screen with the four triangles...my pc wont detect my device and im in need of some serious help....can you help? can anybody help?

CHRIST STARZ
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default I believe i can help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducethetruth View Post
interesting.....

I have tried the factory reset in the bootloader and it just goes to a picture of a green down arrow with two green arrows in a circle facing clockwise.... Then goes back to white htc screen...

And i did try the flashable ruu zip.... And i will try it again..

Is it true that have to unlock the bootloader before anything else?

I'm searching for ways to do that while in this bootloop state....

And then possibly downgrading?

And if this phone really is stuck i feel that verizon is at fault here.. . Even if it was dropped and the back came off....

My friend told me that at the time the update came through he had very little memory....

And i've read elsewhere that the exact same issue caused similar problems on some phones....

I'm surprised there's no class action on the horizon.
whats your current status? I just got myself out of a very bad situation with my htc dna just read some of the stuff ive posted in your thread.....are you s-off or s-on?

DuceTheTruth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIST STARZ View Post
whats your current status? I just got myself out of a very bad situation with my htc dna just read some of the stuff ive posted in your thread.....are you s-off or s-on?
it is s-on