Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,190 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

is there temproot method for sunhine s-off?

Tip us?

jcase
Old
Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Thanks Meter 7,562

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEGAD3 View Post
It worked perfectly, thanks for your reply mate! What is the best recovery to flash and what is the best way to flash it for the first time adb?
I can't endorse any custom recovery, I don't use them. TWRP seems popular, flashing it with fastboot is probably best but anyway should work if you are s-off.
I'm taking a break of an undetermined length. Please don't contact me about exploits

Something important? jcase@cunninglogic.com
Like Android security topics? Join our G+ community -> https://plus.google.com/communities/...07618051049043
The Following User Says Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
It worked perfectly, thanks for your reply mate! What is the best recovery to flash and what is the best way to flash it for the first time adb?
Forum doesn't really allows "comparisons" like this seeing as both developers spent a lot of time and effort to bring a good product that does its job.

TWRP is pretty straight forward however it doesn't seem to create stock backup of the stock recovery.
CWM can create nandroid backup of stock recovery though.

If you're S-OFF it's easy enough to decide for yourself though, flash the one try it out. Then flash the other one and try it out, keep the one you like best.

I personally still use Stock recovery. I only boot into custom recovery to reflash SuperSU after OTA takes root away, other than that I don't need any custom recovery. Don't flash roms nothing...

But like with the ROMs itself, try them all. Like the saying goes. Test all things; hold fast that which is good.
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RENEGAD3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
Forum doesn't really allows "comparisons" like this seeing as both developers spent a lot of time and effort to bring a good product that does its job.

TWRP is pretty straight forward however it doesn't seem to create stock backup of the stock recovery.
CWM can create nandroid backup of stock recovery though.

If you're S-OFF it's easy enough to decide for yourself though, flash the one try it out. Then flash the other one and try it out, keep the one you like best.

I personally still use Stock recovery. I only boot into custom recovery to reflash SuperSU after OTA takes root away, other than that I don't need any custom recovery. Don't flash roms nothing...

But like with the ROMs itself, try them all. Like the saying goes. Test all things; hold fast that which is good.
Can supersu not be flashed in stock recovery? this is pretty much all i need to be honest. however i use the barclays mobile banking app and it checks for root at launch.... only thing puttin me off haha

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Can supersu not be flashed in stock recovery? this is pretty much all i need to be honest. however i use the barclays mobile banking app and it checks for root at launch.... only thing puttin me off haha
No, but you don't need to flash custom recovery to flash SuperSU either. You can just boot it, fastboot boot customrecovery.img then flash SuperSU like you'd normally do.

Yeah the barclays app is a pain in the behind Seems like modules such as rootcloak in the xposed framework works only as a hit and miss(with probably more misses than anything else) and I'm not familiar with a way to make the barclays app work good with a rooted device. Sucks
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RENEGAD3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
I would like to say thanks to all the replys in this thread, im now s-off and a happy camper, thanks alot lads!
The Following User Says Thank You to RENEGAD3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kentilo
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Maybe there will be temproot support for HTC One M8 Dual Sim?

guidogsbn
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentilo View Post
Maybe there will be temproot support for HTC One M8 Dual Sim?
Sunshine also works on Dual SIM but gives no permanent root but permanent s-off. You need to install SU to get root after s-off.
●●HTC ONE M7 ● ROM MaximusHD 44.0.0 ● S-Off ● KernelElementalX-m7-17 ●TWRP 2.6.3.3 ●Apex launcher pro ●
●●HTC One M8 Dual Sim ●ROM - Stock ●S-Off - Sunshine + HTC unlock + SU root + m8-dual-twrp 2.7.1.0● Apex Launcher + Xposed ●
●●Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 ● ROM - Gunthermic Base Debloated T320XAR1ANG1 ● Touch Recovery TWRP 2.7.1.0 ● Kernel Stock ● ● microSD 32 GB Class 10 ●

THANKS BUTTON ?