is there temproot method for sunhine s-off?

28th June 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #21  
Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 7,867

3,822 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEGAD3

It worked perfectly, thanks for your reply mate! What is the best recovery to flash and what is the best way to flash it for the first time adb?

I can't endorse any custom recovery, I don't use them. TWRP seems popular, flashing it with fastboot is probably best but anyway should work if you are s-off.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 271

767 posts
More
Quote:

It worked perfectly, thanks for your reply mate! What is the best recovery to flash and what is the best way to flash it for the first time adb?

Forum doesn't really allows "comparisons" like this seeing as both developers spent a lot of time and effort to bring a good product that does its job.

TWRP is pretty straight forward however it doesn't seem to create stock backup of the stock recovery.
CWM can create nandroid backup of stock recovery though.

If you're S-OFF it's easy enough to decide for yourself though, flash the one try it out. Then flash the other one and try it out, keep the one you like best.

I personally still use Stock recovery. I only boot into custom recovery to reflash SuperSU after OTA takes root away, other than that I don't need any custom recovery. Don't flash roms nothing...

But like with the ROMs itself, try them all. Like the saying goes. Test all things; hold fast that which is good.
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Flag North East, UK
Thanks Meter: 9

101 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14

Forum doesn't really allows "comparisons" like this seeing as both developers spent a lot of time and effort to bring a good product that does its job.

TWRP is pretty straight forward however it doesn't seem to create stock backup of the stock recovery.
CWM can create nandroid backup of stock recovery though.

If you're S-OFF it's easy enough to decide for yourself though, flash the one try it out. Then flash the other one and try it out, keep the one you like best.

I personally still use Stock recovery. I only boot into custom recovery to reflash SuperSU after OTA takes root away, other than that I don't need any custom recovery. Don't flash roms nothing...

But like with the ROMs itself, try them all. Like the saying goes. Test all things; hold fast that which is good.

Can supersu not be flashed in stock recovery? this is pretty much all i need to be honest. however i use the barclays mobile banking app and it checks for root at launch.... only thing puttin me off haha
28th June 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 271

767 posts
More
Quote:

Can supersu not be flashed in stock recovery? this is pretty much all i need to be honest. however i use the barclays mobile banking app and it checks for root at launch.... only thing puttin me off haha

No, but you don't need to flash custom recovery to flash SuperSU either. You can just boot it, fastboot boot customrecovery.img then flash SuperSU like you'd normally do.

Yeah the barclays app is a pain in the behind Seems like modules such as rootcloak in the xposed framework works only as a hit and miss(with probably more misses than anything else) and I'm not familiar with a way to make the barclays app work good with a rooted device. Sucks
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Flag North East, UK
Thanks Meter: 9

101 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would like to say thanks to all the replys in this thread, im now s-off and a happy camper, thanks alot lads!
The Following User Says Thank You to RENEGAD3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 28

46 posts
Maybe there will be temproot support for HTC One M8 Dual Sim?
30th July 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #27  
Flag Bonn, Germany
Thanks Meter: 244

796 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentilo

Maybe there will be temproot support for HTC One M8 Dual Sim?

Sunshine also works on Dual SIM but gives no permanent root but permanent s-off. You need to install SU to get root after s-off.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread