Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,645 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Enable Native Visual Voicemail HTC One M8

Tip us?

goodtimes50
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfvick View Post
I wasn't S-off either. I ran into the same problems with trying to install them directly on the phone (dialer force closing). To me the quickest and simplest way to get it to work was to open the rom in 7Zip or WinRAR, delete the 4 apks you're replacing (phone, contacts, dialer, and messages) and add the 5 htc apks (phone, contacts, dialer, messages, and VVM). Then move the rom onto you phone, install, and use ES File Explorer to change the SKU to 7 and the Region to 1 in the ACC\default.xml file (otherwise VVM force closes). I keep a copy of the apks on my computer now so I can quickly do this to any rom I'm about to flash. Worked for me on ARHD 8.0 and 8.1.
Has anyone tried this successfully on Viper 1.8?

jfvick
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGhoul View Post
That sounds pretty solid, if new ground for me. At what point do you use ESFE to change the SKU and region?and does this affect anything else? Also, do you use a custom or stock kernel?

Thanks!
Looks like OP has updated the install instructions, just follow those. Changing SKU and region shouldn't affect anything from my experience. For me this worked on both stock and ElementalX kernel - I wouldn't think kernel would affect this either.
The Following User Says Thank You to jfvick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OGhoul
Old
(Last edited by OGhoul; 11th July 2014 at 05:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfvick View Post
Looks like OP has updated the install instructions, just follow those. Changing SKU and region shouldn't affect anything from my experience. For me this worked on both stock and ElementalX kernel - I wouldn't think kernel would affect this either.
Followed the instructions to the letter. Flashing now. (I also S-Offed while I was waiting on 7zip and N++ to download and install.)

Edit: It worked flawlessly. THANK YOU!
HTC One M8 Gunmetal
AT&T, Sunshine S-Off, ARHD 10.2, TWRP 2.7.1, ElementalX 1.01, undervolted
Other devices: Chromecast | iPad Mini 16gb, black, iOS 7.0.6 jailbroken | iPad, 16gb, iOS 5.0.3 jailbroken | Apple TV 2 | HTC Liberty, CM10

Previous phones:
iPhone 5S (x3), jailbroken | HTC One M7 Silver, S-Off, ARHD | iPhone 4S, jailbroken | iPhone 4, jailbroken | iPhone 3G, jailbroken | HTC Mogul

Bsmith0731
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I can confirm this worked for me also.

However I am stuck with the AT&T sign in the status bar and also the data signal never goes away like it does in the international version. Just FYI

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

OGhoul
Old
(Last edited by OGhoul; 31st July 2014 at 01:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Any idea if this will work with the latest ARHD, 10.1? It's 4.4.3, which means ElementX cannot be used.

Edit: It does work, and ElementX is now available for 4.4.3 Sense.
HTC One M8 Gunmetal
AT&T, Sunshine S-Off, ARHD 10.2, TWRP 2.7.1, ElementalX 1.01, undervolted
Other devices: Chromecast | iPad Mini 16gb, black, iOS 7.0.6 jailbroken | iPad, 16gb, iOS 5.0.3 jailbroken | Apple TV 2 | HTC Liberty, CM10

Previous phones:
iPhone 5S (x3), jailbroken | HTC One M7 Silver, S-Off, ARHD | iPhone 4S, jailbroken | iPhone 4, jailbroken | iPhone 3G, jailbroken | HTC Mogul
The Following User Says Thank You to OGhoul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 376

DONATE TO ME
Thats because of carrier specific customizations.