Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM] [AOSP] eXcaliBur Kernel 0.5 | July 7th

Tip us?

llsantiago
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Getting nice battery life and smother UI, but there is any way to improve idle consumption?

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6173

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by llsantiago View Post
Getting nice battery life and smother UI, but there is any way to improve idle consumption?
Working on it. Adding SmartMAX governor from maxwen and that should have awesome battery life. I'll post up a zip today or tomorrow with the cpu stuff I'm working on.

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

The Following User Says Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GohanBurner
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Is there any way to add another GPU step?

xboxfanj
Old
Thanks Meter 6173

DONATE TO ME
New kernel to test: http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/b4.img

just flash that using the flashify app and let me know what you think. I changed quite a bit. I merged myfluxi's interactive governor changes from the Nexus 5 kernel and ramdisk, updated to maxwen and Entropy512's Input Mediator and CPUQuiet drivers, enabled Qualcomm's Low Power Modes (retention and Standalone Power Collapse), fixed DotCase, and added Samsung's DVFS monitor.

Let me know how performance and battery life and any other factors compare to before. The kernel source is in the kk44-cpufreq branch of the same repo.

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

xboxfanj
Old
Thanks Meter 6173

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GohanBurner View Post
Is there any way to add another GPU step?
Sure, what frequency do you have in mind.

GohanBurner
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj View Post
Sure, what frequency do you have in mind.
I know mine can handle over 600mhz~. I'd like to push it up to 700mhz if possible and see what happens. If it doesn't work there, then 650mhz.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote:

just flash that using the flashify app and let me know what you think. I changed quite a bit. I merged myfluxi's interactive governor changes from the Nexus 5 kernel and ramdisk, updated to maxwen and Entropy512's Input Mediator and CPUQuiet drivers, enabled Qualcomm's Low Power Modes (retention and Standalone Power Collapse), fixed DotCase, and added Samsung's DVFS monitor.

Let me know how performance and battery life and any other factors compare to before. The kernel source is in the kk44-cpufreq branch of the same repo.
Going to give it a go.

nflchampion
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

For whatever reason, I'm having a disastrous time flashing this. Every time I do so, it seemingly deletes or kills superuser, which requires me to completely reinstall cyanogenmod. Anyone else having issues?

GohanBurner
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I flashed ot as a boot.img with flashify and it's working for me.

kickassdave
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion View Post
For whatever reason, I'm having a disastrous time flashing this. Every time I do so, it seemingly deletes or kills superuser, which requires me to completely reinstall cyanogenmod. Anyone else having issues?
Flash this via recovery:
http://download.chainfire.eu/396/SuperSU/

Happened to me too.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app