Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from santod040: 4.4.2 m8(2014) Google Play Edition Port!

★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] Google Edition | M8 2014 Series Port | tiKtaK ROM - 1.0.6 | 04-26-14 | ART | ☆ ★

Tip us?

cmckitterick
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having a problem with SMS messages in this ROM. Namely, I can send one no problem, but after sending the one, all subsequent SMS messages fail until I flip airplane mode on and off.

I installed the ROM and shortly thereafter flashed the baseband update posted here:

Everything else is working great, but this feature is quite important. Can you think of anything that might be causing this?

santod040
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 7,896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmckitterick View Post
I'm having a problem with SMS messages in this ROM. Namely, I can send one no problem, but after sending the one, all subsequent SMS messages fail until I flip airplane mode on and off.

I installed the ROM and shortly thereafter flashed the baseband update posted here:

Everything else is working great, but this feature is quite important. Can you think of anything that might be causing this?
Have seen other users with this same situation on many roms and different devices even.
I have not had this problem once myself.
Things to look at:
Did you flash the full firmware minus boot.img or just the radio? I suggest flashing the firmware.
Are you restoring messages using Titanium Backup or any other method?
If so, you should look to be sure you still have Messaging set as your default messaging app, as Tibu likes to set itself as the default messaging app after using it to restore.
Then any messages sent after, will fail, as Tibu is not a messaging program.
You can check this under Settings > More.
If you have the latest full firmware and did not restore anything, apps, data, etc,..then I'm out of suggestions.
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One - m7 | HTC One - m8

Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!

cmckitterick
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I flashed the phone with the full firmware/radio zip file using fastboot. I used SMS backup/restore, but I also switched the messaging program back to hangouts. I will try clearing everything and installing the ROM again, this time without restoring SMS messages.

If that doesn't help, would reflashing the firmware with fastboot be potentially dangerous?

santod040
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 7,896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I flashed the phone with the full firmware/radio zip file using fastboot. I used SMS backup/restore, but I also switched the messaging program back to hangouts. I will try clearing everything and installing the ROM again, this time without restoring SMS messages.

If that doesn't help, would reflashing the firmware with fastboot be potentially dangerous?
If you already flashed the firmware, then you are good there.
There is no danger in reflashing it, but it will have zero effect if you already have done so.
I would suggest doing what you mentioned, reflash and do not restore anything.
Then see if it works as intended.
I've never had good results restoring messages, especially across various bases.
So I just don't do it, ever. I realize some folks are able to do this easier then others, depending on what you have in your messages and its importance.
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One - m7 | HTC One - m8

Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!

cmckitterick
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040 View Post
If you already flashed the firmware, then you are good there.
There is no danger in reflashing it, but it will have zero effect if you already have done so.
I would suggest doing what you mentioned, reflash and do not restore anything.
Then see if it works as intended.
I've never had good results restoring messages, especially across various bases.
So I just don't do it, ever. I realize some folks are able to do this easier then others, depending on what you have in your messages and its importance.
I wasn't able to fix it by reinstalling the ROM. I don't have time to futz with this right now, so I went back to your stock ROM, which seems to work great. I'll give it another go later when I have more time.

clvnptl
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I wasn't able to fix it by reinstalling the ROM. I don't have time to futz with this right now, so I went back to your stock ROM, which seems to work great. I'll give it another go later when I have more time.
not the answer you might want, but you can try the 4.4.4 version of the google play edition rom. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776144) It has a few more features you may like.
The Following User Says Thank You to clvnptl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]