Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 42,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

White pixelated screen

Tip us?

Sasha316
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radie1230 View Post
Hi mate, If you still have the rom downloaded, could you please upload it for us? Its been taken off the MoKee site and cannot seem to find it anywhere else. Would very much appreciate it as this is the only way I can see to get the phone working properly again. Thanks.
Finally, I have discovered a solution to this menacing problem. Here it is folks!

The trick is, you need to install a custom kernel which could disable the HDMi interface by all means. I have downloaded the JBX kernel ver. "JBX-Kernel-3.5-Hybrid-Spyder-4.4_2014-07-08.zip" and flashed it over my LiquidSmooth rom.
The LiquidSmooth build is "LS-KK-v3.1-2014-07-06-umts_spyder.zip" from early July. I used a clean install on the rom (wiped all data on my phone) and then after flashing the rom and the gapps... I flashed the JBX kernel over it. Although, while installing the JBX kernel... you MUST leave the "disable HDMi" option selected. The fault is only with the HDMi interface, so you MUST disable it for things to work properly.
As for the last couple of hours, the rom is running fine and the white pixelated screen is gone. I can't describe the joy I feel after fixing this one.
Spread the word!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sasha316 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radie1230
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha316 View Post
Finally, I have discovered a solution to this menacing problem. Here it is folks!

The trick is, you need to install a custom kernel which could disable the HDMi interface by all means. I have downloaded the JBX kernel ver. "JBX-Kernel-3.5-Hybrid-Spyder-4.4_2014-07-08.zip" and flashed it over my LiquidSmooth rom.
The LiquidSmooth build is "LS-KK-v3.1-2014-07-06-umts_spyder.zip" from early July. I used a clean install on the rom (wiped all data on my phone) and then after flashing the rom and the gapps... I flashed the JBX kernel over it. Although, while installing the JBX kernel... you MUST leave the "disable HDMi" option selected. The fault is only with the HDMi interface, so you MUST disable it for things to work properly.
As for the last couple of hours, the rom is running fine and the white pixelated screen is gone. I can't describe the joy I feel after fixing this one.
Spread the word!
Thank you, I am trying this and it seems to be working. Cheers.