Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 51,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.4][USB-DAC][20140729][F2FS/EXT4] Slim Kat

Tip us?

gregthomas129
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyedjedi View Post
It's not looking for power until it goes to sleep......it doesn't call 'gotosleep' until the video ends. Waiting for the tablet to sleep is the only way it will respond to a power event. I believe crue had a cancel button....or a press anywhere to cancel function...... if so you would need to hit cancel or back if you turn the key back on too quickly....

The right way would be to add a subroutine that would automatically cancel the 'gotosleep' command if it detected a power event before the gotosleep command is given at the end of the video.... the moment where the superuser granted toast pops up to be exact. I'll ask crue. .. I think he wants to figure out a "hello" or wakeup video too.

nice setup BTW.
Thanks. I don't remember seeing any way to cancel. I tried a tasker profile that detects the screen off and checks for power and turns the screen back on if it sees power but I had no luck with it. So far it's working ok, but every once in a while it happens and the only way to get it back right is to cycle the key switch again.

michiil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthomas129 View Post
Thanks. I don't remember seeing any way to cancel. I tried a tasker profile that detects the screen off and checks for power and turns the screen back on if it sees power but I had no luck with it. So far it's working ok, but every once in a while it happens and the only way to get it back right is to cycle the key switch again.

To cance you touch the screen while the video plays, then the navbar comes up and you can press back to cancel (:

Currentn Devices:
Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2012,WIFI)

Previous Devices:
Oppo Find5 (RIP ) Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S1 (GT-I9000)
The Following User Says Thank You to michiil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gregthomas129
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiil View Post
To cance you touch the screen while the video plays, then the navbar comes up and you can press back to cancel (:
Ahhhhh i see! Thanks I'll try that.

michiil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman_jkh View Post
Or Gonemad Music Player.

RoNeReR> Could you please make a reverse landscape version of your Android power down video.

My nexus is mounted in "reverse landscape" (hardware buttons on bottom [right] edge).

I've also got a febon100 UVC capture device for reverse camera. Even though the drivers are included in the ROM, I don't believe the car cam app (which acts as the reverse gear detector and displays the video feed on demand) has been updated for almost 6 months. 😕.. and it's not quite working properly (for febons) in its current state.
Hmm i think the video always plays in the orientation where the tablet currently is.. Have you tried it?

Currentn Devices:
Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2012,WIFI)

Previous Devices:
Oppo Find5 (RIP ) Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S1 (GT-I9000)

j41224
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Could someone check in to bluetooth tethering. It really saves battery. My phone shows the tablet is connected to the bluetooth Hotspot and the tablet shows the bluetooth icon in white indicating a bluetooth Internet connection but no data is passed to anything. If I switch to wifi it works. I also use bluetooth for autovoice commands to autoremote and I can pass commands back and forth from my bluetooth mic, connected to my phone, to the tablet for song searches mainly. This no longer works either without bluetooth tethering. I can switch everything to wifi but it uses more battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Wicked Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to j41224 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]