OP blaz1nr

21st July 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #161  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 26

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

You can only flash the OTA file that corresponds to the firmware that you're currently on. So if you're on 4.3 (ML2) then you have to flash the ML2->NE3 OTA file. If you're on 4.4.2 (NC9) then you have to flash the NC9->NE3 OTA file. If you're already on NE3, messed something up, and want to flash stock NE3, then I think you have to start over and go back to ML2 but I could be wrong. Somebody please correct me if I am.

Somehow Safestrap stayed on my phone after the NE3 OTA update via wi-fi. I always get the safestrap boot screen. After messing with my phone for a week, I used safestrap to continue into recovery and flash a TWRP backup of the phone just after I made the OTA update to NE3. So I did not have to go back to ML2 to get back to my original fresh first boot of OTA NE3. It definitely was different in the aspect that I did not have to go through all the set up screens again, wi-fi etc.. So technically it was not a "completely" fresh install of OTA NE3.

Safestrap remains, always there on boot up after a shutdown. Wish Safestrap to be fixed for loading flashable Slot-1, Slot-2 etc. in NE3 4.4.2. Tried but Slots still do not work, but the flashable backup still does.

@Devo7v , it would be quite a developer accomplishment to create a flashable update.zip similar to the renamed OTA cfg file, that still has the locked BL, but have built in user customizations. Such a basic update.zip could already have a a pre-configured root via towelroot.com.

Anyway just wanted to mention I did somewhat get my 'almost' stock NE3 reinstalled the Safestrap TWRP way.
Last edited by namitutonka; 21st July 2014 at 06:46 AM.
30th July 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #162  
OP Senior Member
The Dark Side
Thanks Meter: 1,076

1,305 posts
More
Even if you click the uninstall button on SS. It does not remove it all the way. On SS thread home page. You will see a series of adb commands. That's the only way to get it gone all the way.
The Following User Says Thank You to blaz1nr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread