Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile US Sony Z1s Root Bounty ($670.00) CLOSED Root Achieved!!!

Tip us?

Hell-Razor
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase View Post
Geez no one can get root working? Full details are posted everywhere. Fine, here.

Dear Sony, :/ sorry for violating my self imposed embargo, someone else outed the vulnerability and build exploits (See z2 root) based on google patches before August. It was happening with or without beaups and I. Either google needs a longer embargo, or us carriers need to be faster to allow updates.

If bounty still exists, please send to jcase@cunninglogic.com, I will split with @beaups and then dispense my half to the charity of my choice. If it doesn't, I hope everyone got their money back.

donations can also be sent to jcase@cunninglogic.com, please note what they are for so i can split them with beaups

Code:
Select Code
adb push pwn /data/local/tmp/pwn

adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/pwn

adb shell /data/local/tmp/pwn
then wait until adb works agian, and then reboot

Someone else will have to setup a proper way to disable write to system, however running /system/xbin/kill_ric.sh will disable ric and allow you to write to system until reboot. Until a better approach is setup, i suggest using some on boot app to run it as root.

You will need supersu app from the market. Dont ask me for support if you didn't follow directions, dont ask me for support unless it throws errors.
Thank you! But I must be an idiot and cant figure out how to apply it =/

superangel16
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell-Razor View Post
Thank you! But I must be an idiot and cant figure out how to apply it =/
@hell razor, I make a guide for those like you and me who doesn't know how to apply this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2829848

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app