Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root Karbonn A1+ Duple Android Phone

OP sabarna

18th April 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #11  
Flag Agra
Thanks Meter: 58

277 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivam kamboj

I have installed it in karbonn a1+ duple su gets installed but no root acess

Could u give details of ur problem? I don't understand what's wrong.
27th June 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Vroot app to root a1+ duple
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabarna

Hey guys, I am a new Android user and have bought the Karbonn A1+ Duple (not the A1+ normal, but the Duple version). The internal memory of the phone is extremely low so when I read on increasing internal space, I read that rooting might be necessary to convert SD card space to internal space. So I want to know how to root my phone. I only find links to root the Karbonn A1+, but not the Duple version. Can I use the same methods described in these links? If not please tell me how to root my phone.

I tried Framaroot/ Z4Root/ Shuame/ SuperOneClick/ UnlockRoot. But nothing seemed to work. Although I was able to install superuser, but no root. Finally I came across a youtube video to root A1+ using Vroot application. And it worked for my A1 + Duple. Hope that it works for everyone else too.
21st July 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #13  

6 posts
Hay ... Friend !!
Don't worry ...
A simple mathord of Rooting for Karbonn A1+ Dupple device (100% Working )

Using - Framaroot App

Steps :
1. Download Framaroot
2. Run, choose Superuser or SuperSU
3. Select Boromir or another character
4. You will see
5. Reboot device
6. Root- installed

Link For Downloading Framaroot App - http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1385779545

Sent from my Karbonn A1+ Duple using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th July 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #14  
Wetlands

1 posts
More
Post In case of Framaroot's 'Exploit work but installation of ... su binary have failed'
If using Framaroot's Install SuperSU fails with 'Exploit work but installation of Superuser and su binary have failed', you can try Framaroot's Execute script option (v 1.9.1 and above) to root the device via below method;

Pre-requisites: Karbonn A1+ Duple with SD Card; Settings - Unknown sources enabled
  1. Download latest SuperSU (tested ok with v2.02) CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053 and extract the UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip to a folder in /sdcard/ of device
  2. Download latest Framaroot (tested ok with 1.9.3) http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...-root-t2130276 and copy to somewhere in /sdcard/
  3. Create a file named custom with below contents and copy to /sdcard/ of device
    Code:
    cp /sdcard/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02/arm/su /system/xbin/su
    chown root:root /system/xbin/su
    chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
    /system/xbin/su --install
    Do remember to replace /sdcard/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02/ with the folder path you got the SuperSU zip extracted to. If you create the file in Windows, do save the file with 'Unix end of lines' using a Text Editor (e.g. Notepad++) and then copy to /sdcard/
  4. If you have older version of Framaroot, uninstall first, install Framaroot latest copied to /sdcard/
  5. Launch Framaroot, choose Execute script (/sdcard/custom) option and click 'Boromir'
  6. Framaroot will display "Success ... Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device"
  7. Reboot device and install SuperSU from the /sdcard/UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX/common/ folder
  8. Launch SuperSU. In the SuperSU prompt that 'su binary is out of date' click Continue to update the binary
  9. SuperSU would complete rest of setup and you have root

All the praises should go to talented devs of Framaroot and SuperSU.

I found this method useful in Mac OS X (& should help Linux users) where other root methods that need Windows were not helpful. I guess above method could work for other devices where Framaroot's exploit work but su binary install fails.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread