Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,440 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Finally Ipad smoothness : Onda V975M Quad Core 2.0GHz 9.7 Inch Retina Screen

Tip us?

dwg_priest
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I agree.

I will never again buy onda etc... no-name tablets.

The specs are good, the software is awful. Tablets with 1GB ram run smoothly if the software is good.

Only branded tablets from now on.

SciBee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thought I could give Linux a try on the tab, but I can't compile it.
makefile.gcc in arc_power of custom-uboot calls five binaries I can't find in any ARC GCC toolchain.
Code:
Select Code
arc-elf32-em4-cpp
arc-elf32-em4-as
arc-elf32-em4-ld
arc-elf32-em4-objcopy
arc-elf32-em4-elfdump
The problem is the "em4". Symlinking e.g. "arc-elf32-em4-cpp" to "arc-elf32-cpp" doesn't work too.
Anybody any idea?

draken101
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExReey View Post
I'm a new v975m owner and after reading the last couple of pages I have 2 questions:
- whats the best fix for the standby battery draining problem? Some people say edit the build.prop file, others say airplane mode, others say deep sleep battery saving app?
- Whats the best firmware for making the tablet work smoothly? Right now I'm on 4.3 and the whole experience is terribly sluggish, even borderline unusuable. should I get the official KK fw?

Oh and what's the best keyboard app? The stock keyboard doesnt give suggestions..

Thanks?
The battery issues is not really a real battery problem. It is, in fact, a battery reporting issue. I.e. my tablet drained 90% of its battery in 1 hour then I continued to use it for another 10 hours on 11% battery. So 90% decrease in 1 hour and 10 hours of usage on 11%. Just don't believe the battery % meter it lies the thing has the juice even though it doesn't believe it itself. It does go into deep sleep to. Rebooting can often restore the battery meter to full.

Spped
1. Use Smart launcher and Rozaks rom
2. View running apps by pressing the hardware key (two squares) and Swipe apps that you not actively using away (android is very good at freeing up resources when you do this)

Do the above and it will run just fine I promise with plenty of battery to spare. Only downside is you will never really know what charge level the actual battery is. Best bet is to use CPUZ and look at the battery voltage in Mv reading 3600+ Mv is good around 3500-3400 Mv battery is probably quite low. Best to plot voltage readings from full charge till flat and work out the scale perform a logarithmic linear regression then just work out your battery % like this :/
Galaxy S4 - mini 3G
Carbon KitKat 4.4.2

droutis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by draken101 View Post
The battery issues is not really a real battery problem. It is, in fact, a battery reporting issue. I.e. my tablet drained 90% of its battery in 1 hour then I continued to use it for another 10 hours on 11% battery. So 90% decrease in 1 hour and 10 hours of usage on 11%. Just don't believe the battery % meter it lies the thing has the juice even though it doesn't believe it itself. It does go into deep sleep to. Rebooting can often restore the battery meter to full.

Spped
1. Use Smart launcher and Rozaks rom
2. View running apps by pressing the hardware key (two squares) and Swipe apps that you not actively using away (android is very good at freeing up resources when you do this)

Do the above and it will run just fine I promise with plenty of battery to spare. Only downside is you will never really know what charge level the actual battery is. Best bet is to use CPUZ and look at the battery voltage in Mv reading 3600+ Mv is good around 3500-3400 Mv battery is probably quite low. Best to plot voltage readings from full charge till flat and work out the scale perform a logarithmic linear regression then just work out your battery % like this :/
You could always calibrate your battery and fix this bad reporting problem also.

dwg_priest
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by droutis View Post
You could always calibrate your battery and fix this bad reporting problem also.
that is not working with this tablet.

droutis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Maybe on your tablet, on mine it works. I used BatteryCalibration app, and followed carefully the instructions on it. I use TWRP KitKat ROM by Rozak.

Sent from my ONDA A9 Core4 using XDA Free mobile app

nikc0069
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Mine never entered deep sleep. It wasn't a bad tablet but not quite right for me.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app