Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,993 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.4][ROOT] SDFix: Modify device permissions to allow apps to write to MicroSD

Tip us?

seebold
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Root, fix and unroot -- possible?

Dear developers,

thanks for the work on the "sdcard issue on kitkat". I really longing for the old behavior but have a bad feeling to let my phone rooted. I have read, that I can root and unroot my HTC one m8. My question: Is it possible to root my phone, use this app to fix the bug/feature/issue and unrrot the device at the end? Or will the unroot procedure restore all changes? Did anyone try?

Thanks and keep it up!
Seebold

Bio24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I try this app, but third party app still could not write on SD card... any solution? My phone Xperia Z1 compact firmware 14.4.A.0.108

Any Z1 compact user have suggestions ?

CEM90
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm glad I found this app. I was tired of the restrictions.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Alexandros1972
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default No effect on rooted Xperia Z-Ultra 4.4.4

I've tried SdFix on z-ultra 14.4.A.0.108 rooted and still i cannot move any applications at all in the micro-sd

m0han
Old
(Last edited by m0han; 23rd July 2014 at 07:32 AM.) Reason: cleaning up
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by tliebeck View Post
.... a simple app which modifies KitKat devices to allow user-installed applications to write to the MicroSD card on devices with two storage locations.
....... let me know if the app does not work for you, and what type of device/ROM/etc you're using.....
@tliebeck, i'm using Xolo Q3000 device with Stock Rooted Android v4.4.2. used this app. all seemed well. but.... (i just hope this is not deemed off-topic here....)

i'm trying to use onandroid v9.51 to create nandroid backups while the device is running. see pics of command output and also platform.xml.

i even tried making changes to /mnt/media_rw like in the pic below (right). still, no go!

any idea why the file system remains read-only? please suggest a workaround or alternate methods. i'm not knowledgeable enough.
many thanks in advance.

SscoootzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Question Read thread, still want to ask...

Hi all,

So I read the entire thread and want to say, firstly, thank you @tliebeck, for this program. I ended up finding the DIY solution in another thread, followed those instrux to edit the file directly. So, I'm thinking I did it correctly: when I execute your app it returns that "No Action Required." Go me!!

Nevertheless, I want to ask this question in this thread, since it might be related. I am running SGNote 3 VZW with BajaROM v16.1. Yes, platform.xml was already modded with the ROM, but the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE was not present, so I added it with the indicated permission/group. Anyhoo, here is the symptom I'm encountering: when I use the stock camera, with "save to sd" selected, the pic will save as instructed and I can open the pic file from gallery using the link/command from the camera app. If I close the camera app and open the gallery, the newly taken pic appears as a broken file (properties reported as a file size, but unable to view file). The same applies if trying to open it with any other file manager (tried all suggested). Next, if I reboot the phone the file completely disappears. Gone. So, changing the save path to device storage, the camera app saves and everything seems to proceed as expected, even after reboot. This is confusing me because I thought that fixing that line would stop this type of behavior. Also, I don't want to save to device storage. Yes, I know that's a preference and I'm grateful that I'm no longer losing pics, but it shouldn't be my only choice to use the camera.

I have not tried any third-party camera apps yet, but I'm willing. I picked up CameraZoom on Play Store once for a thin dime, and I think Amazon gave away a decent camera not too long ago. I know that there are some features of the Note 3 stock camera that aren't offered in the other camera apps I own or have looked at (yet). Any other insight and/or guidance is greatly appreciated.

SscoootzZ

yaoruisheng
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question 如何给单独应用设置权限?

sdfix will effect all apps, But how it just Apply to a special app?

Dominicusx
Old
(Last edited by Dominicusx; Today at 06:44 PM.) Reason: left out
Thanks Meter 1
Default sd fix issue

implemented sd fix manually, now phone seems to lag and sd is very laggy. Seems to almost have sod. T-Mobile note 3 stock and rooted. Please help me! 128gb SanDisk xdhc