Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Build Quality Concerns

Tip us?

pathduck
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Simmilar issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe323 View Post
I got my phone back after paying for a new screen, well, the screen doesn't fit, you can here it pop out after pushing it back in, they've gone and changed the metal body to lighter colour grey and now my simcard holder and memorycard holder don't match, im scared that the whole insides are gonna fall out of the body, I actually paid for this shoddy work. Why didn't they give me the fitting to the new body ...its clearly lighter than the original like night and day. My vol button now rattles too, they gave me the matching vol button, if they never change it, it would of looked OK and matched my simcard and memorycard holders.UPDATE: im getting a field replacement unit, hmmm, wonder if it will s-off. OMG ,,, they've busted the GPS, its even worse now, it wont stay connected and the screen as all come away on the bottom right corner, I was offered a FRU and then a hour later I got an email saying I cant have a FRU, not a chance am I buying htc again.
I have simmilar issues with my unit after returning it for repairing the back camera "scratched" lens. Now my mice is very bad and can feel that the unit is not assembled correctly. Also have dust under the front camera lens. I have a write up of it on my homepage (not allowed to publish links)

WarCow
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathduck View Post
I have simmilar issues with my unit after returning it for repairing the back camera "scratched" lens. Now my mice is very bad and can feel that the unit is not assembled correctly. Also have dust under the front camera lens. I have a write up of it on my homepage (not allowed to publish links)
Is this your blog? http://www.duppeditten.com/blog/htc-one-m8-update

Where did you get it repaired? An official service shop or some random place? Sounds like a proper ****ty repair job they did! They wrecked more stuff than they repaired. Definitely take it back or try another place.
HTC One M8 <- Samsung Galaxy S III <- Google Nexus S <- Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro <- Samsung Omnia HD <- Nokia 6110 <- Nokia 5500 <- Nokia 6170 <- Nokia 5100 <- Nokia 3310