Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZTE Open Firefox OS 2.1 build thread

Tip us?

elav
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Here you can find updated for 1.3 and 2.1 for ZTE Open images.

http://157.88.55.36:8080/job/master-inari/
http://157.88.55.36:8080/job/1.3-inari/

To update use these steps:

Code:
Select Code
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash boot ramdisk.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

martin_s5670
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by elav View Post
Here you can find updated for 1.3 and 2.1 for ZTE Open images.

http://157.88.55.36:8080/job/master-inari/
http://157.88.55.36:8080/job/1.3-inari/

To update use these steps:

Code:
Select Code
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash boot ramdisk.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
Please, which boot.img you used? And what partition for the ramdisk.img you has taken?
ZTE Open / roamer2 (B2G 1.2. / 1.4 -prereleases)
Galaxy Tab 3, 7'' (SM-T210)

TheEternalAbyss
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 2.1 build and Keon??

Hello,

I have a ZTE Open and it's currently running Prerelease 1.3. I must say I'm quite happy with its performance and the bugs aren't crippling at all. I was thinking of upgrading to the 2.1 build from this thread. I was wondering though since I saw that there's a Geeksphone Keon 2.0 build. Since it looks exactly like a ZTE Open, the question popped into my head: "would that build work on a ZTE Open?". SO I turn that question over to the community here at XDADevelopers

Also, can I jump from 1.3 to 2.1? or would I have to do more of a 1.3 -> 1.4 -> 2.0 -> 2.1 sort of upgrade path?

Thanks!

LinuxHolic
Old
(Last edited by LinuxHolic; 25th July 2014 at 10:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalAbyss View Post
Hello,

I have a ZTE Open and it's currently running Prerelease 1.3. I must say I'm quite happy with its performance and the bugs aren't crippling at all. I was thinking of upgrading to the 2.1 build from this thread. I was wondering though since I saw that there's a Geeksphone Keon 2.0 build. Since it looks exactly like a ZTE Open, the question popped into my head: "would that build work on a ZTE Open?". SO I turn that question over to the community here at XDADevelopers

Also, can I jump from 1.3 to 2.1? or would I have to do more of a 1.3 -> 1.4 -> 2.0 -> 2.1 sort of upgrade path?

Thanks!
No, Geeksphone Keon builds won't work on ZTE Open because both phones have different hardware
And yes you can directly jump from V1.3 to V2.1

Precompiled images by Saijin_Naib of ZTE Open
The Following User Says Thank You to LinuxHolic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Saijin_Naib
Old
(Last edited by Saijin_Naib; Today at 06:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxHolic View Post
No, Geeksphone Keon builds won't work on ZTE Open because both phones have different hardware
And yes you can directly jump from V1.3 to V2.1

Precompiled images by Saijin_Naib of ZTE Open
Please see my thread here: ZTE Open (Inari) Build Versions & Issues for an overview of the various issues & limitations I've encountered on each SVN compile version using my ZTE Open.

If you want full hardware functionality, you're stuck with the official ZTE ROMs only. If missing GPS & home orb light don't bother you, then you can pick and choose the other versions at will.

TheEternalAbyss
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
Please see my thread here: ZTE Open (Inari) Build Versions & Issues for an overview of the various issues & limitations I've encountered on each SVN compile version using my ZTE Open.

If you want full hardware functionality, you're stuck with the official ZTE ROMs only. If missing GPS & home orb light don't bother you, then you can pick and choose the other versions at will.
I'll definitely check them out. I don't use gps on my ZTE Open, so that is a non issue for me. In my 1.3 pre-release the home light works just fine. I don't think it would bother me much really. I'll just have to see. I may just wait for some new phones to come out before spending time on my poor broken ZTE Open lol

Thank you though for the info.

Saijin_Naib
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalAbyss View Post
I'll definitely check them out. I don't use gps on my ZTE Open, so that is a non issue for me. In my 1.3 pre-release the home light works just fine. I don't think it would bother me much really. I'll just have to see. I may just wait for some new phones to come out before spending time on my poor broken ZTE Open lol

Thank you though for the info.
No problem.

So far in my testing, v1.4 seems to be the most recent SVN that will have a working Home Orb light, but it was also far and away the most unstable version I have tested yet (surprisingly).