Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,397 Members 46,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to Flashing the MJ9 OTA Firmware

Tip us?

MunkinDrunky
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkurei View Post
sometimes it happen to me to,
if driver is not the issue, then try close the odin and unplugged the cable, plug it back then start odin.
Info that may help: I searched here in xda not on this device or I'd post a link, for how to install Odin and found that for each Samsung device there are some set of Odin versions that are compatible. I used Odin just now (took less than a minute) version 3.07 for my phone. Note that my drivers were already installed and working since I unlocked the bootloader a year ago. For others: it simply rebooted afterwards and all is well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-13-00-49-38.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	2576547  
Current XDA level: Make searches all by myself; not great at original knowledge.

SCH-I605 (Verizon Note II)
Current Rom: SR Remix KitKat
Kernel: AGNi pureSTOCK v4.2.4
SM-P600 (Note 10.1 2014)
Current Rom: ★★xKat v3.0★★
Kernel:

Mr_Denni
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can anyone give me the download link for MJ9 OTA Firmware by Beans?
Thanks

mattnmag
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Denni View Post
Can anyone give me the download link for MJ9 OTA Firmware by Beans?
Thanks
Here's a link where you can grab the MJ9 firmware provided by Beanstown106... ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578458 ). Look down on the first post of the thread for the link to "Full Firmware Package" that you need to flash in Odin...that will bring you to the Android file host where you can download Beanstown106's file-- "toltevzw_mj9_official_firmware.tar.md5.7z."

Also, here's a link to a post with more detailed instructions on how to Odin flash it after you download and unzip the file... ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...p#post50047714 ).

Please make sure to do a thanks to BeansTown106 for the firmware file and to sithjedi333 for the helpful instructions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices:
Verizon Samsung Note II & Sony Xperia Play R800x

Past Devices:
Verizon Samsung S3
Verizon Droid Charge
Asus TF201
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattnmag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr_Denni
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnmag View Post
Here's a link where you can grab the MJ9 firmware provided by Beanstown106... ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578458 ). Look down on the first post of the thread for the link to "Full Firmware Package" that you need to flash in Odin...that will bring you to the Android file host where you can download Beanstown106's file-- "toltevzw_mj9_official_firmware.tar.md5.7z."

Also, here's a link to a post with more detailed instructions on how to Odin flash it after you download and unzip the file... ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...p#post50047714 ).

Please make sure to do a thanks to BeansTown106 for the firmware file and to sithjedi333 for the helpful instructions.
Thank you very much, bro for your links

washburnky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys instead of starting a new thread I thought I would ask here... I just bought a rooted note 2 on craigslist and it has the N3bula rom on it, but it is the first version. It is a little slow for me, so i wanna flash the N3bula 2 rom, but I am not sure if I have the MJ9 thing on my phone. Is there any way to check?

Bonkurei
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by washburnky View Post
Hey guys instead of starting a new thread I thought I would ask here... I just bought a rooted note 2 on craigslist and it has the N3bula rom on it, but it is the first version. It is a little slow for me, so i wanna flash the N3bula 2 rom, but I am not sure if I have the MJ9 thing on my phone. Is there any way to check?
settings > about device > look the baseband version it shoud say like this I605VRUEMJ9

but since its already run on N3bula i think its already on MJ9.

hazemsalah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default MJ9 Flashing failed

I tried to flash the MJ9 firmware many times through odin , but every time it fails on the modem.bin .... any ideas ?

hazemsalah
Old
(Last edited by hazemsalah; 30th July 2014 at 12:39 PM.) Reason: Complete missing words
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazemsalah View Post
I tried to flash the MJ9 firmware many times through odin , but every time it fails on the modem.bin .... any ideas ?
Also while installing 4.1.2 VRAMC3 stock unrooted rom , the odin fails at modem.bin
I never took the 4.3 OTA
I can run the TWRP recovery and install custom roms [4.1.2 CleanROM V5] , but the baseband version is unknown and the network is not working , even i have installed VRAM3 Modem or VRALL4

Note: I have flashed the ND7 modem and MJ9ModemParam before while trying to install 4.4.2 roms

Im stuck now , and can not use the mobile network

Please Help!!

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,250

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazemsalah View Post
Also while installing 4.1.2 VRAMC3 stock unrooted rom , the odin fails at modem.bin
I never took the 4.3 OTA
I can run the TWRP recovery and install custom roms [4.1.2 CleanROM V5] , but the baseband version is unknown and the network is not working , even i have installed VRAM3 Modem or VRALL4

Note: I have flashed the ND7 modem and MJ9ModemParam before while trying to install 4.4.2 roms

Im stuck now , and can not use the mobile network

Please Help!!
Go to General Section and look at the Data Corruption thread. Directions are there for flashing a Stock Recovery. Do a factory reset with stock recovery. Try that and report back..I have a flashable modem as well so let us know..

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you

hazemsalah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
Go to General Section and look at the Data Corruption thread. Directions are there for flashing a Stock Recovery. Do a factory reset with stock recovery. Try that and report back..I have a flashable modem as well so let us know..
I did , but still the same

Tags
mj9, note 2, odin, rom