Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM+KERNEL][4.4.4] Fully-functional CyanogenMod 11 [July 15, 2014][Nightlies]

Tip us?

xxboarderxx
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHTCFuze View Post
Very happy with this 4.4.4 ROM. I've been installing the nightlies almost every morning and everything has been solid across the board. I can't imagine ever going back to any prior android release on this phone since this sets the new standard for a stable fully functional baseline on this hardware (sans BLN). I've never been able to say that about any other Android phone where the OS was a substantial revision ahead of what the manufacturer/carrier released as end of life.

The only good reason to install any other 4.4.4 ROM would be to expand the customization options availability where Bluetooth is not as important.

Thanks Sultanxda for your solid work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
Here here. And thank you SoCal for pointing me to that GPS app. It seems to have helped with the locking. I've played a few rounds of golf and the GPS has been dead on. Also, really appreciate you rolling out those nightlies.

Cheers
X

Krakozawr
Old
Thanks Meter 13
SultanXDA, do you have the plane to add night lies to OTA updater?
Thank you for stable and fast ROM!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

robeert
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey guys can you help me out? I cant play any videos on chrome. I think the web videos are not playable. Isnt? Cant watch any online videos. ��

SoCalHTCFuze
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeert View Post
Hey guys can you help me out? I cant play any videos on chrome. I think the web videos are not playable. Isnt? Cant watch any online videos. ��
I don't use Chrome, but I just installed it (not the beta) and searched for web videos and started playing them just fine. Can you play this video?

http://devour.com/video/man-made-leaf/

Maybe the web videos you are trying to play are not made for mobile or are using codecs that are not supported by your device?

xonelith
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Just want to say thanks to @SoCalHTCFuze for the nightlies. Really feeds my addiction Usually checking http://www.cmxlog.com/11/skyrocket/# to see what changes i get.

I alternate between between this ROM and ParanoidAndroid. The other ROM's are superb, but for whatever reasons I come back to these.

@Sultanxda, what are your future Plans for this ROM/Kernel? BLN support (seen comments on this in other posts)? Have you got your computer back?
Samsung S2 Skyrocket (i727R)
Recovery: Philz Touch 6.48.4(CWM)
ROM: SultanXDA CM11 [4.4.4]
GApps: PA GApps Mini Modular

Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7500)
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
ROM: SlimSaber [4.3.1]
GApps: Slim GApps

Sultanxda
Old
(Last edited by Sultanxda; 30th July 2014 at 08:48 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 10548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xonelith View Post
Just want to say thanks to @SoCalHTCFuze for the nightlies. Really feeds my addiction Usually checking http://www.cmxlog.com/11/skyrocket/# to see what changes i get.

I alternate between between this ROM and ParanoidAndroid. The other ROM's are superb, but for whatever reasons I come back to these.

@Sultanxda, what are your future Plans for this ROM/Kernel? BLN support (seen comments on this in other posts)? Have you got your computer back?
Nope, my computer is still in repair. I don't mind adding BLN to the kernel. To give you an idea of future plans, I've compiled a list of issues that are sorted into 3 sections: issues specific to my kernel/ROM, remaining issues caused by Samsung, and optimizations I want to get done but are very difficult. The remaining issues caused by Samsung affect all ROMs.

Issues specific to my kernel/ROM:
  • MHL is disabled at the kernel level
  • New framebuffer drivers aren't working properly with full MDP composition
  • Issues with cast screen/WiFi direct reported (I don't have a fancy TV so I can't test this)

Remaining issues caused by Samsung:
  • camera: new focus position after using touch focus is forgotten after the touch focus duration expires (default 5 sec). The camera resets itself to infinity focus position after the focus event expires. The only case where a new focus position is remembered is when taking a picture. How to reproduce this bug: focus in on something close to you (like the text on your computer screen) by touching the screen to focus and then wait 5 seconds. After 5 seconds when the focus circle disappears, the text on your screen will appear blurry again. This issue is pretty much impossible to fix because Samsung put all of the code that handles focus positions into the proprietary camera HAL (/system/lib/hw/vendor-camera.msm8660.so). There is very little focus code in the kernel for me to play with to fix this.
  • Turning off NFC doesn't always work (I think this is an old CM bug?)

Optimizations I want to get done but are very difficult:
  • Fix new framebuffer drivers in the kernel so we can use full MDP composition again
  • Update to next-gen Ion memory drivers in the kernel from CAF (the proprietary camera HAL, vendor-camera.msm8660.so, was built for the old Ion API, so using the camera with the next-gen Ion drivers causes the phone to reboot)
17 years old and not the youngest developer on XDA
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sultanxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anomalya
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Default Sweep2Wake Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultanxda View Post
Nope, my computer is still in repair. I don't mind adding BLN to the kernel. To give you an idea of future plans, I've compiled a list of issues that are sorted into 3 sections: issues specific to my kernel/ROM, remaining issues caused by Samsung, and optimizations I want to get done but are very difficult. The remaining issues caused by Samsung affect all ROMs.

/snipped
Since BLN is mentioned, would you kindly consider adding Sweep2Wake as well?

I'll be honest, my fingers can get useless and forgetful more often than not to reach for that darn power button. Adding this feature would not only be novel and convenient but also eliminate at least one of my already mounting first-world problems.

All kidding aside, fantastic plan you've shared with us. Much gratitude for all the effort and hope you're giving our legacy devices!