Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Screen Protector for S5?

Tip us?

vulcanvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 729927852 View Post
I use these cheap china ones! http://www.ebay.ca/itm/351127180326?...84.m1497.l2649

They're absolutely perfect when put on with the right technique. No residue and it's very clear. Only problem is that the cutouts for the camera and button are very slightly off.
I tend to not buy things that are identified as "Cheap China Ones," as I find most of them work for a brief while, and then stop working. I still say that amfilm is my favorite. They have a year or two long replacement policy, and I've not had a single problem with them.
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.

larryk
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I just got the glass one by Movaluate, easy install, and I like the look and feel. This is my first glass one, so maybe they all are about the same, I don'e know as I have no basis for comparison, but it sure beats the plastic ones...
Galaxy S5
Verizon
Qi Wireless Charging

Asus TF-101 (June 2011 and going strong!)
KatKiss Kitkatt 4.4.4

vulcanvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryk View Post
I just got the glass one by Movaluate, easy install, and I like the look and feel. This is my first glass one, so maybe they all are about the same, I don'e know as I have no basis for comparison, but it sure beats the plastic ones...
I often find that the glass ones break a little too easily for my personal taste, but hey, what can you do.
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.

Old
(Last edited by 729927852; Today at 08:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanvillalta View Post
I tend to not buy things that are identified as "Cheap China Ones," as I find most of them work for a brief while, and then stop working. I still say that amfilm is my favorite. They have a year or two long replacement policy, and I've not had a single problem with them.
I've been using them for all my phones and from my experience with them, they all lasted a long time. I'd say they are on par with any other clear film screen protector. Also since they are so inexpensive I can readily replace one whenever I need to X)

govtcheez
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I bought a "Hero Glass" .18mm tempered glass screen protector and it's been great. The first one had a little "chip" near the ear piece opening, but Amazon returns are so easy. I ordered another and installed it without any issues. It's thin and seems quite durable.