Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Psa: DO NOT TAKE OTAs after updating to kitkat leak (nc2)

Tip us?

dpoverlord
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbxx7 View Post
Yes u can use towleroot then safestrap. And you can flash beans kk post or any other kk rom for vzw. Most will require u odin the nc2 kernel for it to boot. U can't go back to nc2 or mje bootloader.

TaPpEd from my XpOsEd 4.4.2 NIII
I got the phone today...

says Android Version 4.4.2
Basebrand N900VVRUCNC4
Build Number KOT49H.N900VVRUCNC4

I take it I was given 4.4

So with that being said let me know if I have the right process since I will do this tonight from your post

Return my old MJE Jelly Beans to stock here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707

New Phone
1. Towelroot to Root (no Kingo?)
2. Install Safestrap
3. Follow old method with Safestrap to install Beans Kit Kat rom, then wait for Alliance.

Am I missing anything? since in your other post you write use Busybox then supersu then safestrap and then rom. Not understanding the NC2 Kernal part

jrbxx7
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1067

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoverlord View Post
I got the phone today...

says Android Version 4.4.2
Basebrand N900VVRUCNC4
Build Number KOT49H.N900VVRUCNC4

I take it I was given 4.4

So with that being said let me know if I have the right process since I will do this tonight from your post

Return my old MJE Jelly Beans to stock here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707

New Phone
1. Towelroot to Root (no Kingo?)
2. Install Safestrap
3. Follow old method with Safestrap to install Beans Kit Kat rom, then wait for Alliance.

Am I missing anything? since in your other post you write use Busybox then supersu then safestrap and then rom. Not understanding the NC2 Kernal part
The nc2 kernel is only if u flash one of the other custom roms that require it to boot. If ur staying on beans nc4 stock build u won't need it. U will need to install super su and busybox after rooting. SS requires busybox to install.

dpoverlord
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbxx7 View Post
The nc2 kernel is only if u flash one of the other custom roms that require it to boot. If ur staying on beans nc4 stock build u won't need it. U will need to install super su and busybox after rooting. SS requires busybox to install.

Right now I am on the factory rom sent, I wanted to go to the rom beans posted, I took it that his was better no?

I am just questioning right now how much I should put on this new phone since I cant use the old Beans rom from 1/1/14, what rom should I actually put on this in your rec with it being a new phone? Was on Build 6 MJE by beans on my old phone (still need to bring it back to stock.

Also, any recs in terms of making sure I dont miss any files from my old phone to this phone?

jrbxx7
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1067

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoverlord View Post
Right now I am on the factory rom sent, I wanted to go to the rom beans posted, I took it that his was better no?

I am just questioning right now how much I should put on this new phone since I cant use the old Beans rom from 1/1/14, what rom should I actually put on this in your rec with it being a new phone? Was on Build 6 MJE by beans on my old phone (still need to bring it back to stock.

Also, any recs in terms of making sure I dont miss any files from my old phone to this phone?
As of right now it's about the same as stock. As far as roms jasmine 1.8, eclipse, biggins are all great. Alliance is coming soon. I use titanium backup to backup all my apps.