[ROM][ICS][Stock-Based][P7300/P7310][LQJ/LPV] ULTRA PLUS+!!!! [30/7/2014] LAST UPDATE

Search This thread

shiko80

Jun 24, 2012
I haven't had the battery drain issue for long time. I can remember that there were some issue with this first ICS builds and still with some custom kernels like A1, but never have seen it any more with any CM10.x version. Shortly I switched back to the latest stock ICS by omarainea and now to Ultra, also no battery drain issue. It would really be interesting if you enable overclocking in the stock kernel if that issue comes back.

Reactions: itsita and herry165

c90

Aug 4, 2011
So far, so good. Excellent battery life and very stable. Thank you for the new release.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shiko80

Jun 24, 2012
Oh right the browser flashable zip, will upload it soon.

The kernel included in the ROM is stock one so it doesn't have any overclocking code,
so you can't overclock without changing the kernel (which will cause battery drain again).

Please don't forget me. Would be really great if you could upload it. Thanks!

Another thing, what I see in ICS it gets slower and slower after using it a while. But after a restart it's faster again. Is there anything what I can do like wipe RAM/Cache so that I don't need to reboot.

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE

Another thing, what I see in ICS it gets slower and slower after using it a while. But after a restart it's faster again. Is there anything what I can do like wipe RAM/Cache so that I don't need to reboot.

I didn't forget, but I can't find that Aosp browser anywhere [it was removed from play store recently]
I searched for an alternative one but with no success, so I think you'll need to use any other browser if that makes it better.

itsita

Sep 29, 2012
Hey omarainea!

So regarding overclocking... Can you make a flashable stock kernel (the same as the current one) with overclocking enabled? ;)

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Hey omarainea!
The Ultra ROM is running great, though I feel it's a little slower than the Extra release.
I've checked the kernel settings and the max freq is 1ghz, with no options for overclock...
Could your fix for the deep sleep disabled the overclock option?
Is there some patch to enable overclocking?
Thanks!

the stock kernel doesn't have overclock, our tab's max freq is 1ghz,
so you can't set it on any higher freq unless you use a custom kernel [like A1 or Extra]
but if you change the kernel you'll lose the fix for deep sleep, so it is your choice:)

Edit: one think to mention though, I can enable OC in the kernel if I used the sources, and that should still keep deep sleep,
but it might turn out like Extra kernel, so tell me guys what are the basic features other than OC that you want inside the kernel??
as less features as I include in the kernel, as stable as it would become, so chose wisely.

mention for @itsita to notify you of the post edit :)

Last edited:
Reactions: itsita

itsita

Sep 29, 2012
I understand, i don't recall having the sleep issue on the extra release... Will try flashing the Extra kernel.
Thanks!

EDIT: I personally don't need any features except overclock if you build the Ultra+Features kernel :)

Last edited:

iZLeeP

Jan 23, 2014
Manila
I understand, i don't recall having the sleep issue on the extra release... Will try flashing the Extra kernel.
Thanks!

EDIT: I personally don't need any features except overclock if you build the Ultra+Features kernel :)

Why the need for overclocking? I know that it helps in games that are graphics intensive, but as a daily driver, you don't need it.

mail_venu

May 5, 2011
I am looking for faux sound mod include in custom kernel sources if possible.

But this latest Rom is really good in terms of power saving i lost only 14 percent of battery leaving this tab with sim and network connected idle for 3 + days ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sent from my LG-E980h using XDA Free mobile app

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
A1 kernel has the feature you've mentioned,
But if you change the kernel, the battery drain bug will be back, your choice.

Sent From My Black Xperia Z1 Compact

c90

Aug 4, 2011

Use Greenify.

shiko80

Jun 24, 2012
the stock kernel doesn't have overclock, our tab's max freq is 1ghz,
so you can't set it on any higher freq unless you use a custom kernel [like A1 or Extra]
but if you change the kernel you'll lose the fix for deep sleep, so it is your choice:)

Edit: one think to mention though, I can enable OC in the kernel if I used the sources, and that should still keep deep sleep,
but it might turn out like Extra kernel, so tell me guys what are the basic features other than OC that you want inside the kernel??
as less features as I include in the kernel, as stable as it would become, so chose wisely.

mention for @itsita to notify you of the post edit :)

Actually I'm only missing the overclocking possibility. I could also do this for CM10.2 and never had the deep sleep issue. Any plans for it?

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Actually I'm only missing the overclocking possibility. I could also do this for CM10.2 and never had the deep sleep issue. Any plans for it?

Maybe, will see.

Another thing to mention, just today; www.sammobile.com has posted a new firmware for P7300??!!
it is marked as June and the build is ZCLPC , but when I checked the Changelist it was 1185559, which is older than XXLQJ which is 1262074
also it is a Chinese firmware, which probably means it doesn't have the deepsleep bug:

1PZ6TLa.png

What do you think guys!!

Er0l

Feb 18, 2011
It's up to you. I am willing to test both kernel with OC possibility and chinese firmware.

It would be good to have cifs.ko module for mounting shares.

Would be great if A1 kernel worked without battery drain.

Once more BIG THANK YOU for your work.

Last edited:

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
UltraPlus Update is ready!! [2014-07-30]

This is a very minor update, actually it'll only do two little things:
- Add CPU OC feature up 1.4GHz
- Update SuperSU and its binaries to v2.02 and Update Play Store to v4.9.13

OC means this package contains custom kernel (the only thing add is OC nothing more) based on the latest Chinese sources,
it should be as stable and reliable as the stock one!! @Er0l , @shiko80

Download Links:

Stock_GT-P7300_ICS_4.0.4_UltraPlus_Updater_Pack.zip 10.2 MB
Stock_GT-P7310_ICS_4.0.4_UltraPlus_Updater_Pack.zip 10.1 MB

I hope you like it, Also this is gonna be the last update from me!
Wonna know why? See Here

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-30-21-47-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-30-21-47-16.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:

decky006

Mar 14, 2013
Emsworth
Thanks for all your work. I am back on your ultra build withthe new update. Even though the new cm11 builds are getting better they are still not close to this in smoothness and speed.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using XDA Free mobile app

L3R0N

Jul 13, 2014
Roseau
This is a very minor update, actually it'll only do two little things:
- Add CPU OC feature up 1.4GHz
- Update SuperSU and its binaries to v2.02 and Update Play Store to v4.9.13

OC means this package contains custom kernel (the only thing add is OC nothing more) based on the latest Chinese sources,
it should be as stable and reliable as the stock one!! @Er0l , @shiko80

Download Links:

Stock_GT-P7300_ICS_4.0.4_UltraPlus_Updater_Pack.zip 10.2 MB
Stock_GT-P7310_ICS_4.0.4_UltraPlus_Updater_Pack.zip 10.1 MB

I hope you like it, Also this is gonna be the last update from me!
Wonna know why? See Here

Flashed your ultra plus build and it works soooo much better than any kitkat or jb rom I've used. Plus I've overclocked to 1400mhz and I don't observe the battery draining as happens in kitkat and jb roms I tried. This update is a keeper not moving away from it

Top Liked Posts