LG please do not need to artificially increase the saturation and sharpness

OP sonyfan12

30th July 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Thumbs up Fix the sharpening issues by Yourself
So to fix this annoying issue to a certain level:

settings >>accessibility >> Color adjustment

turn it on and bring the circle a tab bit down on the middle, Now you can see that the sharpening effect is not seen
The Following User Says Thank You to valiymt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 593

206 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034

2k not 4k.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Right, sorry. Quad HD is 1440 x 2560 which is a 2k resolution.

While I'm correcting myself: Its technically called WQHD (Wide Quad High Definition) what a mouthful!
The Following User Says Thank You to WACOMalt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 21

124 posts
Hate to break it to you guys but its even in TWRP on my D851. So its a hardware/driver implementation. No simple AOSP ROM will fix this. I'm returning my device for a G2.
30th July 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg420

Please tell me your not comparing a screenshot to a selfie taken in a mirror -_-

I've read all this stuff before when i bought my yoga 2 pro, being the first 3200x1800 res laptop. Nothing but comparisons to 1080p displays, critics talking about color inaccuracies. All the credible reviews said it was a total failure and more of a negative that a plus. But i'm glad I picked it up, I was able to hold it and hold a samsung notebook with a 1080p display and honestly it was night and day, the higher res wins. Maybe that's just me cuz i have 20/10 vision but if resolution is important to you don't overthink it and take all these display calibration tests too seriously. Make the judgement for yourself.

You are right... but the Yoga 2 Pro is also marketed towards professionals who sometimes need accurate color. I was VERY excited to see the high resolution display on that machine, but deep disturbed with the quality when I absolutely need precision color control in the work that I do. People who want/need those resolutions and displays are often graphics, photography, or web professionals... and the Yoga 2 Pro just doesn't cut it .... sadly I am still in the search for a high resolution laptop that isn't a Macbook Pro (I am not of fan of Apple).

Hopefully we will be able to make the G3 shine, and lets hope for better displays on future "Pro" series laptops!

Yes people should be the judge, but I am a fan of calibration tests. Precision makes a big difference for some groups.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread