Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

[MOD] Lego Pattern-Lock (Jelly Bean / KitKat)

26th June 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 3,503

3,956 posts
More

Inspired by the theme recently shared by @Ben Ling, here is the pattern-lock screen...with Lego!

To do this yourself, you can download the icons attached to this post and put them into the appropriate drawable-?dpi folder in your decompiled framework-res.apk.

Or, if you're not comfortable with decompiling apk files, just flash the attached 'Lego_PattenLock_Flashable.zip' in CWM (not TWRP). This zip will push a file called 'android-res.apk' into your 'system/vendor/overlay' folder.
By using an overlay apk, it means that your framework-res.apk isn't touched. So you won't lose any of the mods you may have done to it. Pretty cool, no?

Oh, and this zip will make a flashable backup too! Just in case you don't like the changes. Also pretty cool.

(Or, if you use Tickle My Android, why not just let the tool do it for you? I've just updated it with these icons!)

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lego_PattenLock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (44.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: zip Lego_PattenLock_Flashable.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.75 MB, 119 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Treasure Island
Thanks Meter: 1,373

5,975 posts
More
buddy rock hard.... keep up tha good work but i like tha transparent mod!
The Following User Says Thank You to whalesplaho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

18 posts
Outstanding! Any ideas how to remove the "Draw your pattern" text from the lockscreen? I tried reducing the textsize variable in keyguard.xml [framework-res.apk -> res -> layout -> keyguard.xml] but no effect.

Thanks for this mod!

I'm on 4.4.2, Galaxy Note III.
21st July 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag UK

3,956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egawrangler

Outstanding! Any ideas how to remove the "Draw your pattern" text from the lockscreen? I tried reducing the textsize variable in keyguard.xml [framework-res.apk -> res -> layout -> keyguard.xml] but no effect.

Thanks for this mod!

I'm on 4.4.2, Galaxy Note III.

Have a look in your strings.xml.
21st July 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 495

1,182 posts
Excellent thanks @Ticklefish 👍
I had to rename drawables folder to ZUltra friendly res but besides that all good. Thanks again.. (transparent too, my new favourite)
The Following User Says Thank You to iBuzman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag UK

3,956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzman

Excellent thanks @Ticklefish 👍
I had to rename drawables folder to ZUltra friendly res but besides that all good. Thanks again.. (transparent too, my new favourite)

What res did you rename it to?
23rd July 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 495

1,182 posts
^^ xhdpi - I'll need to resize the pngs at some stage too (didn't bother this time when testing)
Last edited by iBuzman; 23rd July 2014 at 01:07 AM.
30th July 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Have a look in your strings.xml.

No joy. I spaced out the "Draw your pattern" and "Wrong pattern" fields to test but the text is still there? Any other ideas of places to look?

Thanks for the info BTW!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i'm modding with toys damnit!, lego, pattern lock, stop me now, too much free time
Previous Thread Next Thread