Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][HOW TO] Install Google Play Store

Tip us?

sashusmom
Old
Thanks Meter 503
Thanks AoD!! Did the mod on my new HDx 7, had a little trouble getting the Play store working. All I did was uninstall all 4 of the google apps, rebooted, and reinstalled them. After that, no problem. Thankyou for putting this together.
SG Note-i717 -SG Mega i527 (stock KK) iphone 5s-JB nokia 521/win8.1
SG note 8/JB TF101/dock/kitkat
It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to sashusmom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Angel0fDeath
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashusmom View Post
Thanks AoD!!

Did the mod on my new HDx 7, had a little trouble getting the Play store working. All I did was uninstall all 4 of the google apps, rebooted, and reinstalled them. After that, no problem. Thank you for putting this together.

Your welcome. Glad I could help !

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Hit the thanks button if I helped

Phone: LG Google Nexus 5 (32 GB)
Rom: Nexus 5 Experience Roml
Tablet: Rooted Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7"

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not." ~ Kurt Cobain
“You laugh at me because I am different; I laugh because you are all the same.” ~ Daniel Knode
”Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” ~Audrey Hepburn
"I don't insult, I diagnose."
Device Timeline:
The Following User Says Thank You to Angel0fDeath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sabasc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Red face Play not connecting - HDXPosed: "This module does not provide a user interface."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarg View Post
Ok rooted with towelroot. confirmed root. loaded xposed aps then 4 Google apks open Google play and keep getting Google services has stopped and then no connection in play store. It shows me logged in but can't connect WiFi is good. Is it because I used towelroot maybe?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Ok stupid mistake. Skipped a step. Good to go now. Thanks.
Thanks Caesarg for mentioning a skipped step. I assume the skipped step was to enable the HDXposed module? I wasn't paying attention that the check box wasn't selected after I tapped the name. I had to long-tap directly on the check box to get it to select.

A reboot later and the store is open for business!

woot woot woot!

Cyberwulf1197
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Angry Just rooted and installed all Google apps!

Just a note of thanks to all who contribute to this forum ! I did a factory reset first, then used the toolkit to block OTA and install Towelroot. From there it was easy to just follow AngelofDeaths's directions, Within a few minutes I had installed all the google apps I wanted, plus a few root apps, and installed the Apex Launcher for customizations. My Kindle is now a rocking tablet again. All Amazon apps still work as well, except for Amazon Music (it crashes upon hitting play). No problems at all.

Thanks Again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel0fDeath View Post
NOTICE: You need to be Rooted
  • The KFHDX 7"(Thor) and KFHDX 8.9"(Apollo) 13/14.3.2.4 and all previous versions CAN be rooted.
    I rooted my KFHDX 7"(Thor) version 13.3.2.3.2 with the toolkit.

This is what I did to get the Playstore working with no error pop-ups.

First:

Then install these apks: https://mega.co.nz/#F!8Q10yAiZ!4GVoGr7FJtXauVI3kvPSMQ

Mirror: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2c.apk << rename files to ".apk" if they download with a ".zip" extension.

After you install the apks open the Playstore and sign in.
Also, my link already contains Google Play Services, which is needed for apps like YouTube to work.

If you want to add a second Google account this is one way I found. (if you know another way please tell me)
1.If you don't have google play music, download and install it.
Once you open it you should be able to see and tap on "Add account".

2.If you've already signed in:
Open Google Play Music.
Go to "settings".
Tap on "Google Account".
Then tap "Add account".

• I've heard of the app KindleFree.
    I have not tried it so I can't confirm that it works. Feel free to try that app or follow my steps.

Note: If you use KindleFree you'll still need to install Xposed framework and the HDXposed module for Playstore to work.

Thanks to Cpasjuste for Xposed framework steps and his HDXposed module.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyberwulf1197 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]