Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ToolKit] Acer Iconia v0.8.3 ***New: Supporting B1-720***

Tip us?

yoshm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the really fast reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entonjackson View Post

First i don't recommend changing stuff in the stock UI, because several users reported bricked devices after doing so.
Hmmm.... two questions:
  1. Have you specifically heard about one of those two apps causing bricking? Alternatively, do you or anyone know about someone hiding the bottom bar successfully after rooting an A1-810?
  2. If I try it and it bricks it, how likely am I to be able to restore it to the way it was using the saved stock system image?

Thanks!
Yosh

entonjackson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 388

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshm View Post
Thanks for the really fast reply!

Hmmm.... two questions:
  1. Have you specifically heard about one of those two apps causing bricking? Alternatively, do you or anyone know about someone hiding the bottom bar successfully after rooting an A1-810?
  2. If I try it and it bricks it, how likely am I to be able to restore it to the way it was using the saved stock system image?

Thanks!
Yosh
1. not exactly that app. mainly it was about changing DPI
2. if you get into a bootloop, the only thing that will help you is getting into ADB over META Mode. There are some guys here, having good experience with META mode, me excluded, i never needed to get there.
Root your Acer Iconia B1-A71 / B1-710 / B1-711 / B1-720 / B1-A710 / A1-810 / A1-811 / A3-A10 with the Acer Iconia Toolkit.

Optimissimus99
Old
Thanks Meter 42
If you really just want to get the full screen mode, install the KitKat Update I you have the Immersive mode. If you don't want KitKat, I really recommend you to at least upgrade to RV27RC03

(not rv31, this version and up breaks root)

Fekijevac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi to all...is there any way to downgrade my acer iconia a1-810 from kitkat (4.4.2)? I have some sound problems...please help...thx a lot ☺

FireDiamond
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fekijevac View Post
Hi to all...is there any way to downgrade my acer iconia a1-810 from kitkat (4.4.2)? I have some sound problems...please help...thx a lot ☺
I looking for the way to do it, I'm just need to find somebody with 4.2.
Sent from my tamed bear with balalaika.

Optimissimus99
Old
(Last edited by Optimissimus99; Yesterday at 08:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
As Acer said in the update message, you can't downgrade anymore. (I think when you try to flash JB with the recovery, it fails, at least someone at android-hilfe.de tried it and failed this way. ) Also you can't use system image trick anymore on KK ( Acer disabled it + u would need the old kernel.) Try to fullwipe it, maybe this helps, but u can't downgrade wich version are you using, I have ww gen1 and all seems to work great.(and +2000 AnTuTu Score)

FireDiamond
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimissimus99 View Post
you can't downgrade anymore
But there's a way to downgrade. With SP Flash Tool.

I've found the man with 4.4.2 - he can test.
But I still need for somebody with 4.2 (if you do not mind your tablet, pm me) to experiment.
Sent from my tamed bear with balalaika.
The Following User Says Thank You to FireDiamond For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Optimissimus99
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Sorry I am already on KK

DustArma
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by entonjackson View Post
1. not exactly that app. mainly it was about changing DPI
2. if you get into a bootloop, the only thing that will help you is getting into ADB over META Mode. There are some guys here, having good experience with META mode, me excluded, i never needed to get there.
Changing DPI won't cause bricking, however too low of a DPI will trigger Tablet UI mode which will cause System UI to constantly crash as it's missing the Tablet UI resources, this can easily be fixed by flashing the stock firmware over in recovery mode or by just trying to change the DPI back during the system UI crashes.

Fekijevac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimissimus99 View Post
As Acer said in the update message, you can't downgrade anymore. (I think when you try to flash JB with the recovery, it fails, at least someone at android-hilfe.de tried it and failed this way. ) Also you can't use system image trick anymore on KK ( Acer disabled it + u would need the old kernel.) Try to fullwipe it, maybe this helps, but u can't downgrade wich version are you using, I have ww gen1 and all seems to work great.(and +2000 AnTuTu Score)
I have the same version?.can you try to connect headphones and listen one song?

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDiamond View Post
But there's a way to downgrade. With SP Flash Tool.

I've found the man with 4.4.2 - he can test.
But I still need for somebody with 4.2 (if you do not mind your tablet, pm me) to experiment.
I don't understand too much in flashing android etc. But i think that on official acer web site you can download 4.2 image..

Tags
acer iconia, acer iconia a1-810, acer iconia b1-710, acer iconia b1-a71, root