Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,310 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Carbon KitKat 4.4.4[GEE][LS970][7/27/14]

Tip us?

latrotoxin1986
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
New LS970 build up. I've labelled it 7-27 but the file will say 7-28. It's yesterdays sync though.

fjsferreira
Old
(Last edited by fjsferreira; 29th July 2014 at 09:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky_z View Post
What is the difference in camera at stock and gropj? Is it better?
Cause in gee roms the focus in darkness is working and in stock and gropj not...
There's really no comparison... Video in low light conditions in gee is 10-15 fps, for example, while in stock, it's always around 25-30 fps. And colors, sharpness and clarity is always superior on stock and gproj. Flash doesn't turn on when focusing, that's true, but all the rest, stock camera quality is 300x better...

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by latrotoxin1986 View Post
Stock is typically the best. I've always preferred the stock camera over AOSP, really no comparison in picture quality. Typically, the manufacturer tweaks the cameras better than the generic Google and AOSP camera settings. In our case, we got the camera tweak from epic which made stock that much better. As far as difference between gproj and GEE, I can't really speak to that. I'd imagine they're going to be fairly similar however.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Free mobile app
Well well, epic's media_profiles.xml made a world of a difference in video quality. It's smooth in low light now... Photo quality, its still the same, but i think video is much better now. Of course it increased the filesize, but that's not too bad.
You still don't use Dropbox? WTF?
Install it here and both of us receive 500Mb free.
The Following User Says Thank You to fjsferreira For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dopy25
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjsferreira View Post
There's really no comparison... Video in low light conditions in gee is 10-15 fps, for example, while in stock, it's always around 25-30 fps. And colors, sharpness and clarity is always superior on stock and gproj. Flash doesn't turn on when focusing, that's true, but all the rest, stock camera quality is 300x better...

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Well well, epic's media_profiles.xml made a world of a difference in video quality. It's smooth in low light now... Photo quality, its still the same, but i think video is much better now. Of course it increased the filesize, but that's not too bad.
There has to be some way to make the camera quality better though, no? I've never noticed how crap the camera is on gee roms, but I just tried to take a picture from a few inches away and it would not focus or clear up the picture at all. I can take a picture on a gproj rom from a few inches and I can actually read what it says (if it is text). Try to take a picture of a book, or something on the computer screen like you would if you were scanning it (but don't move the camera across it) and see what I mean.

I didn't mean to get off thread topic, it just happened to be the topic at the time.
Devices: Tmobile Wing (LOOONG GONE), [Huawei Mercury (dead), Evo 3D (retired after a long dirty life)] - Both Cricket - LG Optimus G Sprint ROM: PacMan 4.4.
and a few others in between.

latrotoxin1986
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25 View Post
There has to be some way to make the camera quality better though, no? I've never noticed how crap the camera is on gee roms, but I just tried to take a picture from a few inches away and it would not focus or clear up the picture at all. I can take a picture on a gproj rom from a few inches and I can actually read what it says (if it is text). Try to take a picture of a book, or something on the computer screen like you would if you were scanning it (but don't move the camera across it) and see what I mean.

I didn't mean to get off thread topic, it just happened to be the topic at the time.
Unfortunately, no, there's nothing we can do to improve at this point.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Free mobile app

latrotoxin1986
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Carbonrom.org has been down for a few days FYI.

Here's the latest update from their G+ community...

Just another update:

After a day of updates yesterday, our luck came out that we ended up with possible hard drive issues (one going bad). For this reason, were currently down and transfering data as a precaution to prevent any loss.

After we get this issue all sorted, we will have some more future plans in store to prevent downtime on the main site itself with the help of #AndroidFileHost

Stay tuned!
The Following User Says Thank You to latrotoxin1986 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]