Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cube Talk 9x/U65GT Equipped with MTK8392, the 8-core Chipset Devoted to Tablet PCs

Tip us?

whateveryou
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicingtaco View Post
What about the Pipo P4? Is that newer or any better than the P1? Whats the difference?
P4 is lighter, has a smaller battery, 8.9" screen, 16GB rom vs 32GB, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to whateveryou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josejuangr
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Fantastic tablet กกกก
Xperia Pro mk16i
Unlocked
Kernel Vengeance 1.38

troyww
Old
(Last edited by troyww; 27th July 2014 at 12:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I received mine yesterday and while it's nice I wouldn't rate it as fantastic as there are a couple of what I would call show stoppers .
1. Google chrome doesn't work . I tried side loading an older version and that still didn't work .
2. The usb charger it came with is crap , Resulting in the tablet becoming unresponsive and erratic while charging . Fairly certain this is a crappy charger problem as I have seen the exact same problem with some phones that do the the same with crappy chargers . There is no dedicated charge input which means it takes forever to charge over USB (7+ hours) . I can see why most larger tabs are not chargeable over USB , It's just too slow .
EDIT: used a better charger and charge time is about 4 hours .
3. GPS does not work for me .... . I haven't tried with a sim installed as it's for my son but A-GPS may help .
4 In certain circumstances it just keeps going to a blank screen as though the power button has been depressed . Press the power button and it behaves as normal but annoying when your playing a game where it seems to happen frequently . Mostly during minecraft and clash of clans which my son seems to enjoy . I tried watching a 720P movie over wifi and it was perfect as was browsing using the default browser .
Edit: this random power button issue seems to be caused by the case flap moving . I think it may be caused by the magnets in the case flap . I ordered it with the "official" case but with Aliexpress that could mean anything .

The positives are that it is very smooth and games look great on the high res sc]reen . The colours look really colourful without the ronald macdonald overblown colours of Samsung tablets/phones . Although when reading text on a white background it does tend to look a little grainy but better than other tabs for sure and lessens as the brightness goes up .

I haven't tested the camera as yet and probably never will .

I'm hoping there is a firmware update to resolve the instability issues as it's a cool tab but a little finicky as yet .
EDIT:starting to like it a lot more . , It's really just the GPS and Chrome issue .

josejuangr
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyww View Post
I received mine yesterday and while it's nice I wouldn't rate it as fantastic as there are a couple of what I would call show stoppers .
1. Google chrome doesn't work . I tried side loading an older version and that still didn't work .
2. The usb charger it came with is crap , Resulting in the tablet becoming unresponsive and erratic while charging . Fairly certain this is a crappy charger problem as I have seen the exact same problem with some phones that do the the same with crappy chargers . There is no dedicated charge input which means it takes forever to charge over USB (7+ hours) . I can see why most larger tabs are not chargeable over USB , It's just too slow .
3. GPS does not work for me .... . I haven't tried with a sim installed as it's for my son but A-GPS may help .
4 In certain circumstances it just keeps going to a blank screen as though the power button has been depressed . Press the power button and it behaves as normal but annoying when your playing a game where it seems to happen frequently . Mostly during minecraft and clash of clans which my son seems to enjoy . I tried watching a 720P movie over wifi and it was perfect as was browsing using the default browser .

The positives are that it is very smooth and games look great on the high res screen . The colours look really colourful without the ronald macdonald overblown colours of Samsung tablets/phones . Although when reading text on a white background it does tend to look a little grainy but better than other tabs for sure and lessens as the brightness goes up .

I haven't tested the camera as yet and probably never will .

I'm hoping there is a firmware update to resolve the instability issues as it's a cool tab but a little finicky as yet .
There is no other way to take less load because seven hours seems much ... If we put the usb adapter would load faster??

And another question would be if the battery is good??

Xperia Pro mk16i
Unlocked
Kernel Vengeance 1.38

IceTea7
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by whateveryou View Post
Onda V989 avail July 14:
http://mikecanex.wordpress.com/2014/...ale-july-14th/
http://www.pompmall.com/onda-v989-a8...-9-7-inch.html
http://www.dinodirect.com/onda-v989-...p42170074.html

Apparently, it was only $177, here, but they changed it to $220 + shipping:
http://www.onda-tablet.com/onda-v989...t-pc-32gb.html
Had I seen it for $177, i would have snagged it and hoped for the best. I keep missing these pre-order sales and I thought this time I was quick to look into this model...

IT HAS NO GPS, IN CASE ANYONE WAS LOOKING FOR A GUIDANCE SYSTEM!!! Also, many Apps use GPS, so I don't know what Onda was thinking by excluding it.

EDIT: I just ordered the V989 for $225USD from DinoDirect. I will let you guys know if it's any good...
Have you received the V989? Because I'm very interested in this tablet, too.

whateveryou
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea7 View Post
Have you received the V989? Because I'm very interested in this tablet, too.
Sorry, I canceled the order because I realized how badly I needed GPS (I need my phone free for voice calls, so I really need my tablet to do guidance). I think they're going to be shipping V989s within the next few days. Lost a noticeable amount in the exchange rate during refund (I'm going to have to call Visa to confirm that I wasn't short changed from DD because my bill isn't detailed). TD sells it for a bit less, if you decide on the V989.

It's really difficult choosing a tablet! All the 4k claims are BS. You need a $1500GPU to run a 4k vid, properly. Just to get it over with, I might get a Teclast/Onda w/ an Intel because the 64 bit Intel is supposed to work really well with the upcoming Android. I'd be willing to sacrifice slim form factor & HDMI out for a tablet that handled all my videos & GPS well... I'd hate to wait another generation because my Playbook is so old it has cataracts.