Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! No Sound on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 after flashing stock

Tip us?

zivodevo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I too have the same problem on i9505. Been running CM for over a year and regularly upgrade but the recent move to CM11 0715 Nightly corrupted my EFS folder and I lost my modem, IMEI, APN's etc. Of course, no EFS backup (know better now!) blah blah. The only way I could restore the modem was to install I9505XXUGNE5_I9505VNZGNF2_I9505XXUGNE5_HOME.tar which is 4.4.2. Modem back but could not turn on WiFi and no sound. Flashed CM11 M7 and modem and WiFi working but still no sound.

Dialling *#1234# produces and error saying "Connection problem or invalid MMI code".

Current data:
Cyanogenmod 11-20140609-Snapshot-M7-jftle
Baseband version I9505XXUGNE5

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated before I end up with a divorce!

kerrywez
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Download and extract this file , Turn off your phone manually and flash the file with odin by selecting phone/cp
Hi I have Insane Kit Kat V8 installed on my S4, but I have also tried the official 3 Ireland I9505XXUAME2_I9505IEAMD8_I9505XXUAME2_HOME.tar.md5 but neither of them have sound and the 3 rom has no wifi either. When I have installed the Insane Kit Kat V8 it tells me that the installation wizard successfully installed Insane Kit Kat, Press Next to continue, but at the bottom I am getting assert failed: package_extract_file("boot.img". "/tmp/boot.img") not sure that that would have anything to do with the sound. When I try to press the NEXT button nothing happens and I have to take the battery out to get the phone to reboot, at the moment I am still waiting for the phone to reboot, it has been on the Samsung screen for some time now and would not boot from it. I am now installing the Imperium ROM v 3.2, it would not boot past the Samsung screen. I have now installed I9505XXUAMDM_I9505OXXAMDB_I9505XXUAMDM_HOME.tar.md 5 still no sound or wifi, will try the modem tip when I have got the phone rooted and a recovery installed and got the developer option on the phone sorted. I have dialed *#1234# and got into the superSU, but it has no apps configured, it has no logs available I now have AP the same CP I9505XXUFNA1 and CSC is the same. Nothing is working still though, no sound and no wifi, it seems that no matter which stock firmware I sue there is no wifi and no sound on any ROM, custom or stock. I have a feeling that I might need to get the latest official firmware to get things back on a firm footing again.

I do hope that someone will be able to point me in the right direction and offer some help for my problem.

Best wishes and good luck Wez

kerrywez
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrywez View Post
Hi I have Insane Kit Kat V8 installed on my S4, but I have also tried the official 3 Ireland I9505XXUAME2_I9505IEAMD8_I9505XXUAME2_HOME.tar.md5 but neither of them have sound and the 3 rom has no wifi either. When I have installed the Insane Kit Kat V8 it tells me that the installation wizard successfully installed Insane Kit Kat, Press Next to continue, but at the bottom I am getting assert failed: package_extract_file("boot.img". "/tmp/boot.img") not sure that that would have anything to do with the sound. When I try to press the NEXT button nothing happens and I have to take the battery out to get the phone to reboot, at the moment I am still waiting for the phone to reboot, it has been on the Samsung screen for some time now and would not boot from it. I am now installing the Imperium ROM v 3.2, it would not boot past the Samsung screen. I have now installed I9505XXUAMDM_I9505OXXAMDB_I9505XXUAMDM_HOME.tar.md 5 still no sound or wifi, will try the modem tip when I have got the phone rooted and a recovery installed and got the developer option on the phone sorted. I have dialed *#1234# and got into the superSU, but it has no apps configured, it has no logs available I now have AP the same CP I9505XXUFNA1 and CSC is the same. Nothing is working still though, no sound and no wifi, it seems that no matter which stock firmware I sue there is no wifi and no sound on any ROM, custom or stock. I have a feeling that I might need to get the latest official firmware to get things back on a firm footing again.

I do hope that someone will be able to point me in the right direction and offer some help for my problem.

Best wishes and good luck Wez
I have installed Google Edition v16 on my phone and have got the wifi back by doing so, but the sound is still not working. I am, as I type, transferring the latest stock firmware XSP-I9505XXUGNG4-20140726105840 and hope that it will get my sound back for me, I will keep you informed.

Best wishes Wez

kerrywez
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrywez View Post
I have installed Google Edition v16 on my phone and have got the wifi back by doing so, but the sound is still not working. I am, as I type, transferring the latest stock firmware XSP-I9505XXUGNG4-20140726105840 and hope that it will get my sound back for me, I will keep you informed.

Best wishes Wez
I have good news to report, my phone is now able to use wifi and has sound. The XSP-I9505XXUGNG4-20140726105840 firmware did the trick, so hopefully this will help others with the same problem. I am very glad to have my phone back, now I can start to use it intended. I will root it now and install Phil's touch recovery, which I prefer as my recovery.

Very best wishes and good luck to all Wez

Rafas4
Old
(Last edited by Rafas4; 27th July 2014 at 05:55 PM.) Reason: forgot detail
Thanks Meter 0
Default same problem, no sound

Hi ... I posted as well in
[Q] SGH-I337M No Sound Or Wifi
but just seen that this forum is much more active. sorry for trolling and my issues with explaining properly.
To specify ... sound always works for a couple of minutes / hours after restart ... and then without any pattern (not for me at least) just stops working. Before I flashed the mobile with below version there were many more issues (camera not working, slow reaction, black or jumpy screen ... that is now all resolved with the org firmware, but not the sound issue)
First ... @kerrywezwhere can I find the XSP-I9505XXUGNG4-20140726105840 firmware you mentioned?
Second ... I now flashed it 3 times with the I9505XXUFNB9_I9505BTUFNE1_I9505XXUFNB9_HOME.tar.md 5 pda ... but still no success.
I am just wondering if I need to use another pds which fits better my mobile details.
AP: I9505XXUFNB9
CP: I9505XXUFNB9
CSC: I9505BTUFNE1
Adroid Version: 4.4.2
Baseband: I9505XXUFNB9
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-481100
dpi@SWDD3004 # 1

Any support would be amazing!!!! Getting really desperate as I would have to throw the mobile away if I can't find a solution.
Enjoy our Sunday!
Rafa

Text from other post
------------------------------------
Hi Everybody ... I have the same issue ... no sound.

Thanks for the comments and support here ... just a question I am stuck currently.
Does it matter which original firmware I chose to flash? Does it depend on my phone and where I bought it? (bought it in Singapore but it was a rooted O2 UK version ... all very strange ;-()

Anyhow ... I flashed now following PDA:
I9505XXUFNB9_I9505BTUFNE1_I9505XXUFNB9_HOME.tar.md 5

And my phone details are:
AP: I9505XXUFNB9
CP: I9505XXUFNB9
CSC: I9505BTUFNE1
Adroid Version: 4.4.2
Baseband: I9505XXUFNB9
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-481100
dpi@SWDD3004 # 1

Thanks for the help and let me know if you need more info.

Rafa
-----------------------------------------

Bo7asoon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up my s4 fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivodevo View Post
I too have the same problem on i9505. Been running CM for over a year and regularly upgrade but the recent move to CM11 0715 Nightly corrupted my EFS folder and I lost my modem, IMEI, APN's etc. Of course, no EFS backup (know better now!) blah blah. The only way I could restore the modem was to install I9505XXUGNE5_I9505VNZGNF2_I9505XXUGNE5_HOME.tar which is 4.4.2. Modem back but could not turn on WiFi and no sound. Flashed CM11 M7 and modem and WiFi working but still no sound.

Dialling *#1234# produces and error saying "Connection problem or invalid MMI code".

Current data:
Cyanogenmod 11-20140609-Snapshot-M7-jftle
Baseband version I9505XXUGNE5

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated before I end up with a divorce!

I found a solution hopfully for all Samsung S4 GT-9505 with no sound or phone calls

I had the exact problem with my phone as yours, only that I got this problem by trying to install wifi modem for the Alliance mod rom...
I tried litterly everything... every single thing I found on forms...
Toke me 3 days to find the solution...
And it's so damn simple

JUST FLASH THE STOCK 4.3 ROM FROM SAMSUNG OFFICIAL SITE (and the trick is You have to flash it by (((((KIES))))) IF YOU FLASH USING ODIN, YOU WOULD END UP WITH THE SAME PROBLEM...

hope it works for all you guys

Rafas4
Old
(Last edited by Rafas4; 30th July 2014 at 06:49 PM.) Reason: more details
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the feedback.
I am just going to try it now.
Would you have the link where to find the STOCK 4.3 ROM FROM SAMSUNG OFFICIAL SITE. I am getting stuck on their site ... very confusing.
Thanks and I will let you know how it goes.
R

edit
... really sorry to bother you, but could you explain in more detail.
I have no clue how to flash the 4.3 using Kies 3.
Would be great some steps how to do it.

Rafas4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafas4 View Post
Thanks for the feedback.
I am just going to try it now.
Would you have the link where to find the STOCK 4.3 ROM FROM SAMSUNG OFFICIAL SITE. I am getting stuck on their site ... very confusing.
Thanks and I will let you know how it goes.
R

edit
... really sorry to bother you, but could you explain in more detail.
I have no clue how to flash the 4.3 using Kies 3.
Would be great some steps how to do it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and one more question ... can I downgrade if I have already the 4.4.2 version?