Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 39,365 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2att/d2cri/d2mtr/d2usc]

Tip us?

nsmith4
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTMongoose View Post
Sorry forgot they moved it, check under display in settings and find rotation and select disabled(for the lockscreen) even if it is already.

VTMongoose
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmith4 View Post
Sorry forgot they moved it, check under display in settings and find rotation and select disabled(for the lockscreen) even if it is already.
Thank you so much, that worked!!

CanuckinPA
Old
(Last edited by CanuckinPA; 31st July 2014 at 12:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by noy-z View Post
The latest (7-27) build is actually quite stable. The issue arises when you try to flash a custom kernel. CM changed the way they handle kernel modules so kernel developers need to update their code because of this.

If you don't wanna flash a kernel, then CarbonRom is perfectly usable in regards to WiFi and Bluetooth. As for me, the stock kernel felt a little sluggish when running multiple heavy applications at once (Play Music, Navigation). As recommended by another user, I flashed DKP and find that it works perfectly (including Bluetooth and WiFi.)
My wife was having issues with wifi not auto-connecting. We're both on the 0713 nightly and I had no issues connecting,

I flashed dkp-aosp44-d2-20140726 on both phones and now I can't get wifi on either phone. Shows that it's 'on' but grayed out and no networks show up.

FIXED --- Flashed the 0705 kernel and all is good.
Samsung Galaxy SIII - Rooted & ROMed
Hisense Sero 7 Pro - DoPa v2.0 w/ oc kernel
Like the Sero 7 Pro? Go to this thread and ask for our own forum and then add this to your signature till we get one.