Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

New ROM for HTC JetStream?? Is it real?

9th June 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

368 posts
More
Hi guys,

Hope this post is not violating any of the rules of this section of the forum. It's basically a question for a friend of mine who owns one of these tablets and asked me if I think the information is legit and he should try updating his tablet with it.

He found the following link/info that I tried searching for on Xda Developers without any luck and looks suspicious to me
* *http://www.443kitkat.com/mp3-0/htc-jetstream-4141.html

Please let me know if you think that's an actual ROM that works?

Thanks,
Alex

Ps: that looks more like phishing site to me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to alex_canada For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 40

94 posts
Donate to Me
More
One of the comments refers to the Jetstream as being a phone. That is pretty hilarious.
14th June 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 17

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finniest

One of the comments refers to the Jetstream as being a phone. That is pretty hilarious.

Lmao hilarious indeed. Hey @finniest...I know I've said I will be trying out your hive III ( just busy with i317m DN3 roms) but how is it working for you so far and any new developments yet? Also I have rogers htc jetsream so I will be more than happy if u wanted me to test anything. Just PM me if you want. I wont be worried if it bricks or not (not saying I wanna brick) lol but I want this device to go further it bas too much potential just to be wasted as such. Gimme a shout if u need tests to be done. I will install hive III soon.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Free mobile app
17th June 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #4  

94 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluinitro

how is it working for you so far and any new developments yet?

Hive III seems to be stable for me. I have to airplane mode it every so often (~days) because the cellular connection won't work, but I had to do that before Hive kernel too.

I haven't been working on much new since Hive III. A couple of months ago I tried getting Android 3.2 to because it shares the same kernel, but I couldn't get it working. Now that my second Jetstream is broken (the digitizer quit on me) I don't have a machine to test things with. If I pick up another one then I might try it again.

Android 4.0+ is beyond what I am capable of with the Jetstream unfortunately. It would require some serious patience, equipment and even luck.
30th July 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

111 posts
I have a jetstream running hive...and it keeps rebooting what can I do to stop it?
30th July 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #6  

94 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilasman

I have a jetstream running hive...and it keeps rebooting what can I do to stop it?

I don't have a lot of information to go on, so I can only give you a few wild suggestions. They are as follows.

Perform a factory reset. This fixes many Android problems, but you will lose all data.
Flash a different kernel*. This is recommended if Hive kernel is the source of instability.
Get a logcat of the crash. This might help troubleshoot the problem.

* Alternatively install Hive II -- or a different ROM.

A little more information about what caused your problem will allow for more informed suggestions.
The Following User Says Thank You to finniest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

111 posts
I tried doing the factory reset...both by going into settings, and selecting factory reset and by going into twrp and selecting it. In both cases it didnt do it. I am going to try reinstalling Hive iii sometime in the next few hours. I backed up the current situation using the twrp backup to an sd card already. How do I avoid screwing up the wifi connection?
I will search for info on logcat and try to provide that...
As for what happened.... I am currently on a road trip. I cause because I was putting the jetstream on stand by and not turning it completely off the battery went down to 0%. I connected it to an external battery and turned it on but after 3-4 times of trying this and it dying within minutes I gave up and let it charge...but again not turning it completely off. About 6 hrs later I go to it and turn it on and it starts cycling through it's boot loader , every 2-3 minutes. It will load all its apps and such and they all work for the time peroid that the device stays on. Then it abruptly goes black and then reboots
31st July 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #8  

94 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

How do I avoid screwing up the wifi connection?

Refer to the explanation from the Hive workaround thread here.

It sounds from the description in the previous post that the device is crashing when coming out of standby. I had many similar problems during the development of Hive kernel, but none have been reported since the final version. The reason is most likely the kernel, so the best advice is to try a different kernel and see what happens.

Quote:

I will search for info on logcat and try to provide that...

That could be helpful if this issue persists.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread