Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Have you been unlocked your bootloader using either method?
YES, I'M UNLOCKED IN ALL ITS GLORY 94 63.95%
NO, NEITHER WORKED 11 7.48%
I WANT TO, BUT I DONT TRUST IT 42 28.57%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Potential Bootloader Unlock for Non-Dev Edition

Tip us?

rmjones2006
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by phositadc View Post
One more question. Is it safe to assume that the bootloader unlock also kills system write protection? Unlocked bootloader loses some of its awesomeness if system write protection is still enabled...
Write protection is off when you unlock the bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to rmjones2006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phositadc
Old
Thanks Meter 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjones2006 View Post
Write protection is off when you unlock the bootloader
Sweet thanks

Sent from my XT1053

distortedloop
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion575 View Post
Here is another person on eBay that sell a bootloader unlock services that I found and he sells it for the same $45
Call me lame, but I can't find that seller searching eBay. Is there an auction link or any link besides a picture with her name?
Wiping battery stats has the same influence over battery life as waving a dead chicken over your phone does; none, per Google.
If your sig takes up more screen real estate than most of your posts, maybe you should trim it a bit...

Orion575
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedloop View Post
Call me lame, but I can't find that seller searching eBay. Is there an auction link or any link besides a picture with her name?
I think there is the link to that eBay page in the Moto X forum if I'm not mistaken

samwathegreat
Old
(Last edited by samwathegreat; 28th July 2014 at 01:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 659

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedloop View Post
Why don't you just do it the same way -everyone else- is? Just paypal the money to the appropriate address with your IMEI and email address.

If he doesn't have your code, you get refunded.... Its that simple. Why involve eBay?

Or have you already tried? If so, chinese.silk won't have it either...

If you must.... : http://www.ebay.com/itm/On-abroad-se...item27d842fb1c
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

s_u_n
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I think we are discussing alternative source of unlock codes, since the primary person (sbdnyy@163.com) did not have codes for us.

My device has a date around mid-January 2014. So, for folks like me, if there is another source of codes, then we have a chance.

Can someone ask the lady if she has alternative source or is she also getting the codes from the same guy (sbdnyy@163.com)?
----------------------------------------------
Motorola Defy, Xoom, Razr HD Maxx, Droid Maxx
LG Optimus Vu II F200 || Samsung Note 10.1 || Blackberry Playbook
Raspberry Pi with OpenElec 4 || Panasonic Plasma ST60 series

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 659

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_u_n View Post
I think we are discussing alternative source of unlock codes, since the primary person (sbdnyy@163.com) did not have codes for us.

My device has a date around mid-January 2014. So, for folks like me, if there is another source of codes, then we have a chance.

Can someone ask the lady if she has alternative source or is she also getting the codes from the same guy (sbdnyy@163.com)?
I guess I didn't make it clear enough in my last post: YES, she is getting the codes from the same guy! If he doesn't have it, SHE WON'T EITHER. Sorry.
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

distortedloop
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Why don't you just do it the same way -everyone else- is? Just paypal the money to the appropriate address with your IMEI and email address.

If he doesn't have your code, you get refunded.... Its that simple. Why involve eBay?

Or have you already tried? If so, chinese.silk won't have it either...

If you must.... : http://www.ebay.com/itm/On-abroad-se...item27d842fb1c
Been there, done that. Chinese guy didn't have a code for my August 2013 Maxx.

Something in the post I was responding to made me believe that Chinese silk might have been a different source that potentially had a different code source.

Thanks for clearing up that he goes to the same place our already tried.
Wiping battery stats has the same influence over battery life as waving a dead chicken over your phone does; none, per Google.
If your sig takes up more screen real estate than most of your posts, maybe you should trim it a bit...

L7iharsha
Old
Thanks Meter 164

DONATE TO ME
i bought code for my friend droid maxx which assembled on 6/02/2014 that guy saying "No OK" i dont know what to do?
Motorola Atrix 4G>>MIUI>>Motorola Razr XT912>>Jellybeaned >>Motorola Defy CM10.1 >>Motorola Atrix HD>>CM10.1 >>Motorola Razr I>>Jellybean 4.1.2>>Razr HD XT925 Updated to Jellybean Unlocked Bootloader Motorola Moto X

phositadc
Old
(Last edited by phositadc; Yesterday at 01:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 320
I sent my PayPal around 1pm today for an October 2013 Droid Mini. Don't have high hopes given it's October 13, but I'll obviously report back when I hear something.

Edit: just discovered the "barcodes" section of the bootloader and learned I'm actually May 2014! Now I'm hopeful I get a code! I had previously just been looking at some date in the main screen of the bootloader.

7/31 edit: received code around noon EST today. Will try it when I get home from work tonight. Fingers crossed!

Edit 2: it worked!

The Following User Says Thank You to phositadc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]