Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 45,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cm-11.0 (Android 4.4) ROMs for Nexus Q: Amplifier, HDMI, and SPDIF

Tip us?

Andischaf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy It's not working

Hey everyone,

while reading this post, I have the impression that nobody has any problems with installing this new rom. So I came to the resolution that I have done everything wrong

I have dowloaded the recovery and the ZIP for the rom.
I have boot the Q with the recovery and see the menue.
I have choose install zip/ install zip from sideload.
Then I enter the adb command for sideload and the filename and then NOTHING.
ADB shows al the commands to use with but the rom is not installing at the Q. It waits and waits and waits for data

Has anybody a idea what this could be? I have bought the Q at eBay, because in Germany it is VERY rarely. I would not use it as a lighting paperweight

Sorry for my english, I hope it is sufficient.

Andreas

maomao891007
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andischaf View Post
Hey everyone,

while reading this post, I have the impression that nobody has any problems with installing this new rom. So I came to the resolution that I have done everything wrong

I have dowloaded the recovery and the ZIP for the rom.
I have boot the Q with the recovery and see the menue.
I have choose install zip/ install zip from sideload.
Then I enter the adb command for sideload and the filename and then NOTHING.
ADB shows al the commands to use with but the rom is not installing at the Q. It waits and waits and waits for data

Has anybody a idea what this could be? I have bought the Q at eBay, because in Germany it is VERY rarely. I would not use it as a lighting paperweight

Sorry for my english, I hope it is sufficient.

Andreas
adb shows all commands means you have enter wrong parameter.

Andischaf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao891007 View Post
adb shows all commands means you have enter wrong parameter.
adb sideload filename.zip
Or not?

liste
Old
(Last edited by liste; 12th July 2014 at 04:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
This is probably a really dumb question as everyone seems to be taking it for granted, but I have followed the steps and have CM up and running at the welcome screen, but how is one supposed to go about controlling the Q? The only thing I can do is mute and change the volume with the northern hemisphere.

Do I have to find a keyboard/mouse with micro-USB? Wifi and Bluetooth appear to be off on the device. At very least, the device is not discoverable with my Z10 nor my Moto-G.

Edit: I should also add that "adb devices" from the terminal reveals no devices connected to my computer despite the fact that it is. I have tried adb kill-server and adb start-server and adb usb, but to no avail.

Scuba Jeremy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
To control your Q, you've got a couple options. I personally use a micro usb OTG cable and have a powered USB hub, with a Bluetooth mouse, RetroBit NES adapters and controllers, and another USB cable that I use to charge my tablet. The on screen keyboard is fine with the mouse for the few times I have to type on it. Having a hub attached works great. Alternatively, having just a mouse attached will be fine, but due to the way the USB port is recessed, you'll need the OTG cable, and it should be a straight connector, like the PPA cable (UPC
833250005361 - sorry, I'm not yet cool enough to post links)

I'm not sure of any other way to get it set up. If you want to use your phone to control your Q, you could install Droidmote Server on your Q and Droidmote Client on your phone. I think you'll need a mouse attached to set up Droidmote Server on the Q, but after initial setup, it can start on reboot.

To get ADB running during normal operation, go into Settings, activate Developer Mode, check debug mode on USB connection, and under Storage, make sure that the MTP setting is disabled. Connect to your computer by USB and set your Q to remember your computer's ID.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scuba Jeremy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dts924s
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Do I have to flash this via adb, or can I download and flash in recovery if I'm running an older version of CM10?