Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] Asus FonePad 7 / K00E / ME372CG

Tip us?

spidertop
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxz View Post
Yes, I'm italian.
The TIM version has a different "ID" and it is a problem for updates, locked at (bugged) 5.2.3!!!
The root procedure, based on product ID, also is different.
Starting from a good work of MEHRDAD595 (thank you!!!), as soon as possible I'll post the tutorial to root any version of fonepad 7 (I've rooted mine).

Now I'm working to flash no-brand ROM to open my fonepad to updates...
There are no limitations to tethering but I don't know if external LAN adapter works.
The kernel seems the same of no-TIM version...

Bye

Hi Max

I thanks for the root file. It worked in my TIM version.
Could you please post a unroot file, so I could be able to update via Ota (6.3.6 is available, but failing becouse of the root)

Thanks in advance
LG G2 d802 Paranoid Android 4.2 Beta 3
Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 Slim Bean Rom
Galaxy Nexus 7 Slim Bean Rom - Franco Kernel

suolfeat
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinta View Post
Hi there
I've got the 2014 version - FE170CG, and would like the verify if the root procedure is applicable to this model.

To add to the data read here are I assume what's needed:
Code:
Select Code
Model k012

ro.build.asus.sku=WW
ro.build.id=JSS15Q
ro.build.display.id=JSS15Q.WW_fonepad-10.32.1.28.2-20140522,release-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=WW_fonepad-10.32.1.28.2-20140522

ro.build.description=WW_fonepad-user 4.3 JSS15Q WW_fonepad-10.32.1.28.2-20140522 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=asus/WW_fonepad/K012:4.3/JSS15Q/WW_fonepad-10.32.1.28.2-20140522:user/release-keys
Also per upgrade script /system is mounted here as
Code:
Select Code
/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 /system ext4 ro,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
Instead of blk0p8
Hi! Have you done rooting on this device? I got the same one.

anakmalik1503
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Does anyone here know how to root FE170Cg,,, culdnt find any information about rooting this device----cheers

fussel323
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakmalik1503 View Post
Does anyone here know how to root FE170Cg,,, culdnt find any information about rooting this device----cheers
Bad news ... ASUS K012 FE170CG is not rootable with that method, because ASUS uses an non-public available key for signing their update packages. They have learned from their mistakes

anakmalik1503
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Oh well, its a bad news then

tohodakilla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does it mean that K012 is totally un-rootable? Does it mean that someone will need to find new exploit or get the key from asus?

I currently have 10 of those devices, based my small business on them, but without root they are useless for me. Do you think we can see some root in a month or two or no-one-knows?

Thanks for help

fussel323
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohodakilla View Post
Does it mean that K012 is totally un-rootable? Does it mean that someone will need to find new exploit or get the key from asus?

I currently have 10 of those devices, based my small business on them, but without root they are useless for me. Do you think we can see some root in a month or two or no-one-knows?

Thanks for help
There is no device, which is totally un-rootable. The method of rooting described in this thread takes advantage of a big carelessness of asus using public available android testing key to sign their ota update files. Now they use another non-public key, so we have to find another way into. It's up to you, too

Btw why have you bought 10 currently non-rootable devices for small business purposes, if you have to fullfil the necessary requirement gaining root access

tohodakilla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fussel323 View Post
Btw why have you bought 10 currently non-rootable devices for small business purposes, if you have to fullfil the necessary requirement gaining root access
Thanks for clarification and a light of hope . When I was purchasing the devices I have quickly checked XDA forums and found info that Fonepad 7 is rootable, but didnt check what model I am exactly buying. I know Im stupid

kal888
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi guys, I have a problem...I live in italy and I have a me372cg that is stucked in asus logo..I can enter in droidboot tough..the problem is that my device oem ia "TIM" because it is a branded device and I cannot flash any ROM...is there any way to change the device OEM or to force flash the raw file? thanks

heavylildude
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Failed from a fresh never rooted 6.3.6

Hi guys,

I'm coming from a mint never rooted before 6.3.6 WW, I've tried flashing 6.3.6.zip and the flashing went well, but it went error on installing with death android icon.

I've just got this tablet so practicaly nothing has been done, I've just received twice update upon unboxing - 1 for 5.2.5 and another to 6.3.6

Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Tags
fonepad7, k00e, me372cg, root