Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

CAN'T Update AT&T HTC One(M7) 4.4.2!

OP OneGod

23rd April 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag markham
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
So I recently bought an unlocked AT&T HTC one M7 still running 4.3.
I know that 4.4.2 is out with sense 5.5 and I have been unable to do this update OTA.
I've research forums and read that I could possibly use something called RUU(ROM Update Utility) to flash the 4.4.2 update onto my phone and need to confirm if this is possible.
Also, my phone is NON rooted and I also need to know if I'm still able to use RUU without rooting my phone?
24th April 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tyler, Texas
Thanks Meter: 201

977 posts
More
If you care about rooting and installing custom roms I wouldn't update to 4.4.2 yet. You can s-off yet on the 1.56 hboot and install custom roms on the HTC one international subforum. If you don't then you can install the update thru your phone. Also another thing to mention is you can flashed the stock 4.4.2 Rom if you unlocked bootloader and install custom recovery

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th April 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
More
Do not update
I have recently got an update OTA with my AT&T HTC One, which got it to 4.4.2 with HTC Sense 5 but whatever you do do not update your phone, yet. After I got this update, my phone got bricked because of this. I have issued the Repair with HTC which all they need to do is replace the mainboard, but do not get this update if it's available yet until HTC fixes there HTC Sense, as HTC Sense was also the main reason for my phone bricking its self. Just a heads up it's only as 60% chance of this happening to all users with the AT&T Model
1st May 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehumanslayer12

I have recently got an update OTA with my AT&T HTC One, which got it to 4.4.2 with HTC Sense 5 but whatever you do do not update your phone, yet. After I got this update, my phone got bricked because of this. I have issued the Repair with HTC which all they need to do is replace the mainboard, but do not get this update if it's available yet until HTC fixes there HTC Sense, as HTC Sense was also the main reason for my phone bricking its self. Just a heads up it's only as 60% chance of this happening to all users with the AT&T Model

Really? Did it just turn off and never go back on?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th May 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #5  

4 posts
More
Did AT&T pull the update then? I've been wondering why my AT&T HTC One hasn't received this update yet and have been looking in to installing it myself. Maybe I'll wait.
7th May 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #6  
Flag Arkansas

31 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had that problem too a while back. Try contacting AT&T through chat (or calling them) and tell them that you need the update pushed to your phone. They will give you a code to put into your dialer that will tell the server that you need the update pushed to you.

Hope this helps!

8th May 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #7  

4 posts
More
I already tried that and claimed that they didn't have the ability to do that. No idea why. I tried doing a check in with Google and I even tried clearing the Google services framework. Which I know I'm not supposed to do but tried it anyway. I'm new here and I am having a tough time finding a simple walkthrough on getting the OTA update installed manually.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
9th May 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1,842

1,612 posts
Download and it install it from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2659374
9th May 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #9  

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyUser50

Really? Did it just turn off and never go back on?

Exactly what happened
31st July 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #10  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehumanslayer12

Exactly what happened

How did you fix this??? I am having the issue now??

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread