Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEVS ONLY][BCM21553 series] CyanogenMod 11 for BCM21553 Development Discussion

Tip us?

Alberto96
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5838

DONATE TO ME
In attachments you'll find flashable MTD recovery for TassVE.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Recovery-EXPERIMENTAL-MTD-tassve.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.47 MB, 503 views)
3 Basic Phones --> Nokia 6680 (Chassis and Vibrator KO) --> I-Mate Jama (Bricked and Trashed) --> Nokia 6120 (Chassis KO) --> I-Mate Ultimate 9502 (is back :P) --> Samsung Galaxy S I9000 (best dev machine) --> Samsung C5510 (SOS) --> Huawei U8160/Vodafone Smart (no GPU no Party) --> Alcatel V860/Vodafone Smart II (Stupid Battery ) --> Samsung Galaxy Mini Turbo --> Samsung Galaxy S4 Exynos --> Huawei Y300 (MUM) --> Clevo P170SM-A

Current: GT-I9500 => GearCM_CM11

Check here to see all my works

Don't forget to thank me if i helped you, and if you want/can, donate me
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Alberto96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psyke83
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2644

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto96 View Post
In attachments you'll find flashable MTD recovery for TassVE.
Nice. Once we get confirmation from @bieltv.3 (or another cooperve owner) that the MTD build is also working correctly, I'd like to officially switch over to the MTD driver.

To make things easier for users, it would also be desirable to transition CM7 and CM9 over to MTD as well, so that it's easier to flash between those versions using a CWM recovery. It shouldn't be too hard to accomplish this.
Android for ARMv6 devices: androidarmv6.github.io
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gohaz0331
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Hi @psyke83 , I provieder a logcat for you form cm11 20071014 mtd totoro to you investigate the logs
Attached Files
File Type: 7z log.txt.7z - [Click for QR Code] (73.5 KB, 15 views)
My Devices:♦♦
1. Samsung Galaxy Y - GT-S5360B.
Rom ≠ CyanogenMod 11™.
Kernel ≠ jenkis@piripiri2xx #1

2.LG L7X P714.
Rom ≠ Stock 4.1.2.

Press If Helped You, Not Costs Nothing .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gohaz0331 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marioherobr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
Nice. Once we get confirmation from @bieltv.3 (or another cooperve owner) that the MTD build is also working correctly, I'd like to officially switch over to the MTD driver.

To make things easier for users, it would also be desirable to transition CM7 and CM9 over to MTD as well, so that it's easier to flash between those versions using a CWM recovery. It shouldn't be too hard to accomplish this.
I have tested it on cooperve and it is working correctly, everything that was working in the lastest nightly is working in MTD build.
The Following User Says Thank You to marioherobr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

degdag new dev
Old
(Last edited by degdag new dev; 22nd July 2014 at 03:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Hi @psyke83 i test this MTD version and it's work very fin on my totoro without any problem just like the other nightly build
This is the logcat from my phone
Delet the .zip from the file to work for you
Sorry for my bad English
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2014-07-21-16-37-09.txt.zip - [Click for QR Code] (560.2 KB, 20 views)

psyke83
Old
(Last edited by psyke83; 22nd July 2014 at 11:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2644

DONATE TO ME
IMPORTANT!!! mandatory recovery update required for cm11 builds later than 23/07/2014 IMPORTANT!!!

As of 23/07/2014, all CM11 builds for the bcm21553 series will be switched over to the MTD flash drivers. In order for these packages to work correctly, you must first flash an MTD-compatible recovery (CWM v6.0.5.2 or later only).

Don't flash the updated recovery until a) you've backed up your data, b) the CM11 23/07/2014 build (or later) is available, and c) you're ready to switch to the MTD build.

How to update to MTD build:
  • Download an MTD-compatible recovery (linked below) and a full CM11 OTA build dated 23/07/2014 (or later).
  • Perform a full backup using the old recovery (mandatory!)
  • Flash the updated recovery, and reboot into the new recovery.
  • In the new MTD recovery, perform a data-wipe, and manually format /system (this step is critical in order for your partitions to be properly converted to the mtd/yaffs2 format - don't ignore it!)
  • Flash the CM11 package.
  • Once you've data-wiped and flashed the initial MTD build, future CM11 updates can be installed normally (delta or full packages, as you desire).

Notes:
  • Older ROMs will no longer be compatible with the MTD recovery and yaffs2-formatted partitions. If you wish to use a stock/modded Gingerbread ROM, CM7 or CM9, you should wait until MTD versions of these ROMs become available.
  • If you want to go back to a non-MTD ROM, you must flash an entire stock ROM (CSC+MODEM+PDA) via Odin, or else your partitions will be stuck in MTD format.

Packages for totoro:
Packages for tassve:
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bieltv.3
Old
(Last edited by bieltv.3; 22nd July 2014 at 11:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9550
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyke83 View Post
IMPORTANT!!! mandatory recovery update required for cm11 builds later than 23/07/2014 IMPORTANT!!!

As of 23/07/2014, all CM11 builds for the bcm21553 series will be switched over to the MTD flash drivers. In order for these packages to work correctly, you must first flash an MTD-compatible recovery (CWM v6.0.5.3 or later only).

How to update to MTD build:[list][*]Perform a full backup using the old recovery (mandatory!)[*]Download an MTD-compatible recovery (linked below) and a full CM11 OTA build dated 23/07/2014 (or later).[*]Flash the updated recovery, and reboot into the new recovery.[*]In the new MTD recovery, perform a data-wipe, and manually format /system (this step is critical in order for your partitions to be properly converted to the mtd/yaffs2 format - don't ignore it!)[*]Flash the CM11 package.[*]Once you've data-wiped and flashed the initial MTD build, future CM11 updates can be installed normally (delta or full packages, as you desire).

Notes:[*]Older ROMs will no longer be compatible with the MTD recovery and yaffs2-formatted partitions. If you wish to use a stock/modded Gingerbread ROM, CM7 or CM9, you should wait until MTD versions of these ROMs become available.[*]If you want to go back to an older non-MTD ROM, you must first flash an entire stock ROM (CSC+MODEM+PDA) via Odin, or else your partitions will be stuck in MTD format.

totoro:
Sorry psyke, I have tested MTD here and everything working as expected, good job there. About that CWM, I will post one too on cooperve version.

Also we will try to adapt those great MTD changes to our BroadcomCM repositories and update CyanogenMod 9 and 7 with the support of this. Note though that "new CM7" is still work in porgress, but CM9 can be updated easily. Again, thanks for your efforts on development.

Me and Alberto are a bit busy with our private lives and we lack of time for development these days :/
If you like my work or I help you, press the button, isn't this complicated?

My blog: bieltv3.blogspot.com
My github: www.github.com/bieltv3

XDA Teams:

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bieltv.3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simo14
Old
(Last edited by simo14; 24th July 2014 at 11:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
@psyke83 , @Alberto96
I've tested the 20140723 MTD build on tassVE , the ROM is really smooth and quite stable
There is a logcat
[ATTACHMENT]http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4cfglwujv4y6x2v[/ATTACHMENT]
And this is partition info
The Following User Says Thank You to simo14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psyke83
Old
Thanks Meter 2644

DONATE TO ME
Requesting testers for this totoro build: http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org/job/...rimental/1068/

This build contains some features that need more thorough testing before they will appear in OTA builds.

Changes:
  • Switch from bcm4330 to bcmdhd wireless driver (should fix wireless instability)
  • Various LDPI fixes thanks to @koala990
  • Enable ARMv6K extensions (may slightly improve performance)

I'd appreciate if you could focus on testing:
  • General system reliability - is this build giving issues not present in OTA builds?
  • Wireless stability - is wireless working correctly, including suspend/resume?
  • Battery usage - is the new wireless driver causing more battery drain?
  • Are the LDPI changes OK?
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to psyke83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dastan4eva
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Don't know if i am supposed to post here , anyway these are my observations of the new experimental build

[*]General system reliability - is this build giving issues not present in OTA builds?
Haven't come across any new issues as of yet .
Maybe its just me but the random wake issue - after being in sleep for some time , doesn't wake back on at times have to pull battery, is still present . (happens rarely though )

[*]Wireless stability - is wireless working correctly, including suspend/resume?
Yes works perfectly for me , haven't had any disconnects either

[*]Battery usage - is the new wireless driver causing more battery drain?
Haven't been on the build for enough time to say statistically but as of yet i feel neither any improvement nor any notable increase in battery consumpti

[*]Are the LDPI changes OK?
Yes they're good and much welcome .

Last but not the least thank you for your time and patience

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dastan4eva For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]