[Fix:] Broken LTE/Mobile Data/GPS

OP UnknownTroll1

12th June 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

167 posts
More
Hello XDA,

As many of you have been flashing custom ROMs; some of you have had an issue regarding broken mobile data/LTE/GPS has arisen. I too had this same issue when I was flashing ROMs and decided to post my fix. This is a guide that MAY fix your problem. NO GUARANTEES

For this to work properly you MUST be on a STOCK TW ROM. I used S3R.x's ROM but you can use whatever works for you. After you have gone back to a Stock TW ROM follow the steps outlined below:

1. Enter the Samsung service mode by typing this code into the dial pad *#197328640#
2. Then go to Mainmenu>UMTS>Common>NV REBUILD>NV REBUILD> (Important: don't exit the menu yet!)
3. Wait 30+ sec
4. Long press power button and select "Restart / Reboot"
5. Now check your GPS from any software that may use GPS like "Maps" or "GPS Status"
6. Flash your favorite ROM and go about your merry way!

Credit: S3R.x ROM Development Thread

Again this is a fix that worked for me and may not work for everyone. Also if any of this info is wrong or needs corrections, I am always open to suggestions!
Last edited by UnknownTroll1; 12th June 2014 at 06:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnknownTroll1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I get a connection problem or invalid MMI code error.

I can still make phone calls and sends and receive texts though.
27th July 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

167 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonflame5

I get a connection problem or invalid MMI code error.

I can still make phone calls and sends and receive texts though.

Are you on a stock TW ROM?

Sent from Mission Control
31st July 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
4.4.2 gps issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownTroll1

Hello XDA,

As many of you have been flashing custom ROMs; some of you have had an issue regarding broken mobile data/LTE/GPS has arisen. I too had this same issue when I was flashing ROMs and decided to post my fix. This is a guide that MAY fix your problem. NO GUARANTEES

For this to work properly you MUST be on a STOCK TW ROM. I used S3R.x's ROM but you can use whatever works for you. After you have gone back to a Stock TW ROM follow the steps outlined below:

1. Enter the Samsung service mode by typing this code into the dial pad *#197328640#
2. Then go to Mainmenu>UMTS>Common>NV REBUILD>NV REBUILD> (Important: don't exit the menu yet!)
3. Wait 30+ sec
4. Long press power button and select "Restart / Reboot"
5. Now check your GPS from any software that may use GPS like "Maps" or "GPS Status"
6. Flash your favorite ROM and go about your merry way!

Credit: S3R.x ROM Development Thread

Again this is a fix that worked for me and may not work for everyone. Also if any of this info is wrong or needs corrections, I am always open to suggestions!

Worked wonders on stock rom after 4.4.2 update. had lost all gps and glonass, now the reset has brought my phone back from almost being thrown out of a 3 story high window to the ground. I also reset gps from the GPS Status app as well and downloaded the Xtra data and a-gps data. locks in seconds now. Thanks so much for the assistance.
Devo
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuoman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread