Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][VS980] AICP - 5.0 - KK 4.4.4_r2

Tip us?

Chris Hansen
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I'm finally getting around to trying this out, it looks great so far! My rotation seems to be off by 90 - holding in portrait it goes to landscape and vice-versa. Since I've seen this as a modem issue before, I tried flashing 12B just in case, but rotation didn't seem to work at all, so I reflashed 24A and I'm still getting the same result. I just reflashed the ROM again with no luck. Tried installing GPS Status and running both calibrations, but still nothing. Anybody have any suggestions?
VS980 (Verizon LG G2) /// SM-T320 (WiFi Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4)
Previous devices:

• Samsung Galaxy S3 (sold)
  • Motorola Droid Razr MAXX w/Lapdock 100 (for sale?)
  • HTC Thunderbolt (sold)
  • ASUS Transformer TF101 (sold)
  • Motorola Droid (traded in at "Smoked by Windows Phone" challenge)
  • Blackberry Storm *2 (sold #2)/(stolen #1)
  • Samsung SCH-u710 (recycled)
  • LG Chocolate (VX8500) (retired somewhere)

in_dmand
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I'm finally getting around to trying this out, it looks great so far! My rotation seems to be off by 90 - holding in portrait it goes to landscape and vice-versa. Since I've seen this as a modem issue before, I tried flashing 12B just in case, but rotation didn't seem to work at all, so I reflashed 24A and I'm still getting the same result. I just reflashed the ROM again with no luck. Tried installing GPS Status and running both calibrations, but still nothing. Anybody have any suggestions?

I have flashed a lot of roms and have NEVER seen that issue before... I would suspect hardware. Drgravy is working on the gps issue (see the past few pages).

Chris Hansen
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I'm not having the GPS issue mentioned; GPS Status can be used to calibrate pitch and roll as well as the compass. The compass appears to be the issue, as when I point it north, I am seeing it pointing west instead. I've seen this issue with people on JB basebands running KK ROMs ending up with improper rotation, and a few times have the kernel be the culprit, but I've also tried flashing Render's R3, and still am seeing the same.
Previous devices:

• HTC Thunderbolt (sold)

Drgravy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1327
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_dmand View Post
I have flashed a lot of roms and have NEVER seen that issue before... I would suspect hardware. Drgravy is working on the gps issue (see the past few pages).
this issue is being difficult.
baffles me why it works fine for most
it could be a while on this one, If I even figure it out at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I'm not having the GPS issue mentioned; GPS Status can be used to calibrate pitch and roll as well as the compass. The compass appears to be the issue, as when I point it north, I am seeing it pointing west instead. I've seen this issue with people on JB basebands running KK ROMs ending up with improper rotation, and a few times have the kernel be the culprit, but I've also tried flashing Render's R3, and still am seeing the same.

I have never even heard of an issue like yours

in_dmand
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgravy View Post
this issue is being difficult.
baffles me why it works fine for most
it could be a while on this one, If I even figure it out at all

Thanks Drgravy... I am respectfully on stand-by! I joined the g+ community too =)

Chris Hansen
Old
(Last edited by Chris Hansen; Yesterday at 03:25 PM.) Reason: New ROM, normal rotation
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgravy View Post
It's not a big deal, I just disabled auto-rotate, and it works in portrait just fine (and full screen apps and games do rotate... just the opposite way). I'm wondering if it somehow has to do with the ROM I came from (Vectus 1+1). Googling Android compass calibration yields a number of results across different devices. Unfortunately, the fixes I found were unsuccessful.

As for the GPS, I lied and didn't have a great lock at first. When I cleared A-GPS state and downloaded A-GPS (using that GPS Status app), it almost instantly went from 0/22 satellites to 8/18. Not that this info helps solve the problem, but at least the fix did work.

I really like this ROM, it's smooth, fast, very customizable, and packs some otherwise unseen features. Thanks for the hard work and your time, Dr!

EDIT: I flashed the 7/29 Mahdi build last night, and rotation has returned to normal. I want to say when this was prominent on the S3, it was because people flashed the incorrect variant. Odd that this would only be happening to me, oh well!
Previous devices:

• HTC Thunderbolt (sold)

SimsDelt
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Loving this ROM so far. Flashed around noon today and its been great. Hoping battery life is good. Does anyone know what Kernels will run with this ROM?

ThatKidDrew
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I've used dorimanx for aosp which works and I'm currently using renders kernel which also works

VS980 running AICP 4.4.4

tholmes8291
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimsDelt View Post
Loving this ROM so far. Flashed around noon today and its been great. Hoping battery life is good. Does anyone know what Kernels will run with this ROM?
I'm running Render. Good so far

VS980
Stock
4.2.2 12b
TWRP