Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 43,433 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How-To][Tutorial] Downgrade Kit Kat 4.4.2 to JB 4.1.2

Tip us?

thewraith420
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I'd try reformatting internal storage... I haven't experienced that issue and I've been back and forth several times

AndyBern
Old
(Last edited by AndyBern; 24th July 2014 at 02:37 PM.) Reason: Updated info
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
I'd try reformatting internal storage... I haven't experienced that issue and I've been back and forth several times
I discovered the 960 error is due to corrupted data transfers. I have one app that can download modules for itself. When I downloaded a bunch of modules, it randomly gave me a zip extraction failed error (CRC mismatch). On that clue, I tried Play Store again was was able to successfully install apps if I kept trying.

I was able to install all the apps with no problem when I disabled wi-fi to download over 4G. Don't know if the problem is with my wi-fi or the success was due to a much faster 4G connection. (I live rurally, and our 4G is 25-37Mbs effective, compared to my 5Mb DSL connection.) I don't have problems with other devices over wi-fi.

UPDATE:

It seems the wifi problem is with my phone, not my wifi. I was able to twice download a large app (Terminal IDE) over wifi on my wife's identical phone. Her's is still stock, and she wants to go back to JB too, but I'd like to figure this problem out first. My wifi was working fine before flashing.

8on3s
Old
Thanks Meter 10
OK so this may be the same as rsd lite but I need to make sure just to keep things going smooth. Can I use the Linux sbf flash program to perform this same downgrade /without/ using rsd lite? I don't use windows and have no access to either a VM or actual windows machine.

I used the sbf flash tool to bring me back to stock. Just need to see if it will perform a downgrade too, I have not seen any info either direction so help is always appreciated .
Current: Droid Incredible 2

Retired: Droid Eris CM7

Dr. Mario
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Just to check: is it ok to modify the downgrade XML to flash VZW 9.8.1Q-66 Jelly Beans? Or is it strictly for 9.8.1Q-94? Need to confirm before risking my already crabby phone (and yes, BL is unlocked), and I would like to know what's the catch like comatose modem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thewraith420
Old
Thanks Meter 20
AFAIK you can go all the way back to ics by editing the xml. I am curious though why go with one of the older jb builds?

Dr. Mario
Old
Thanks Meter 209
I just don't like the locked-down version of kernel, defeating the point in having root. Safestrap simply died on the latest JB build, but not only that, the build I want is stable (don't want battery to go KA-BOOM).

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thewraith420
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Safestrap isn't necessary at all now since your bootloader unlocked.

Dr. Mario
Old
Thanks Meter 209
I know, just mentioning the limitations with certain kernels. However, I successfully downgraded my phone, no more worrying about my phone exploding in my pocket anymore.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sbacham
Old
Thanks Meter 30
What does "explode" mean???? Is it mean Battery draining or blosting?
micromax A60 (love my first andro)(sold)
htc explorer (great explore to android world)(sold)
htc desire x(sold)
htc one xL(sold)
galaxy nexus(sold)
nexus 4(sold for s3 lol love touchwiz)
CURRENT DEVICE IS GALAXY S3

Dr. Mario
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Bloating - but if your phone's not too hot and battery drain is manageable, you don't have to worry about it. For me, it was a concern. The stock Kit Kat got my phone running too hot for my comfort (I know exactly what to watch out for - I handle the bare Lithium-ion batteries daily - gained lot of engineering experience as well as respect for those batteries). If the battery bloats, STOP USING THE PHONE AND HAVE THE PHONE REPAIR SHOP OR VERIZON TAKE CARE OF THIS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. Now I got it outta the system. I also am going to have the battery replaced soon for preventative measure (a year old at this point).

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app