Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,545 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Minix NEO X8 and X8-H Amlogic S802 Quad Core TV BOX

Tip us?

ice_v88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirxdroid View Post
Can the cheaper non-H version do audio bitstreaming via HDMI for DD5.1, DTS, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD? I don't mind if the player itself can't decode them as long as it can pass the bitstream to my AVR which will take care of it.

Also, what is the verdict on Netflix HD streaming *with* 5.1 audio?

So far the only HTPC that I found capable of doing all of the above is a PC running Win 8.1, but this little box looks mighty interesting. I'd love it to be able to move away from Windows.
In theory if you connect via HDMI it should eat through does audio codecs flawlessly. I'm getting the H version anyway cause I might move it from the living room to my room/studio so i won't be having an AVR connected to it anymore.

Here's another good question:

What are the odds of the X8/X8-H getting updated (via official firmware, or community hackery) to the "Android L" version that's coming later this year?

sirxdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirxdroid View Post
Can the cheaper non-H version do audio bitstreaming via HDMI for DD5.1, DTS, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD? I don't mind if the player itself can't decode them as long as it can pass the bitstream to my AVR which will take care of it.
I contacted GeekBuying.com and they replied that bitstreaming is supported.

Quote:
Also, what is the verdict on Netflix HD streaming *with* 5.1 audio?
Unfortunately they also said that Netflix 1080p with DD Plus audio is not supported by any of the Android TV boxes they sell

Looks like Windows 8.1 still rules the HTPC if you want to get them all working in 1 box.

sam9s
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Hi all

Planning to get this player .... Netflix 5.1 is not what I care however bitstreaming DD, DTS, DD THD and DTA MA 5.1 is very imp for my decission. Has anyone actually tested that and can confirm if it works .... thanks ...
HTC One | Samsung Galaxy Nexus | iPhone 4
Tags
minix neo x8-h, minix neo x8-h firmware, minix neo x8-h review, minix neo x8-h root, minix neo x8h