[REF] LG Optimus L90 Ultimate Thread

Search This thread

Failbringer60

Jul 27, 2014
Does anyone know what apps are safe to remove from system? Also I remember seeing a while back about deleting lg's spy app?? Said they got quite a bit of memory from deleting it. How do I get to the app you where talking about? I'm going to fish through the thread to see if I can find that post. Thanks again.

rysk29

Account currently disabled
May 26, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Does anyone know what apps are safe to remove from system? Also I remember seeing a while back about deleting lg's spy app?? Said they got quite a bit of memory from deleting it. How do I get to the app you where talking about? I'm going to fish through the thread to see if I can find that post. Thanks again.

lg spy app disable for xtra mem

from stock dialer press
3845#*415#
415 is model number, so if yours is different switch 415 for 410 ect..

then from the hidden menu find MLT TEST and disable it.. then just reboot and done!

Last edited:

archicorn27

Feb 10, 2012
I'm quoting below from another thread, because I didn't know how to mention members :laugh:

Would it be possible to get a step-by-step instruction how to unlock the bootloader, install recovery and flash the ROM for the D405 with V10a when the ROM for this device is available?

In general I do know how to flash a ROM, but I am a complete noob when it comes to unlocking the bootloader.

Anyway, @llxaot could please you make an L90 101 type of thread like this ? Beginners keep frequenting just the device specific thread

Reactions: Pjautuvas

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I'm quoting below from another thread, because I didn't know how to mention members :laugh:

Anyway, @llxaot could please you make an L90 101 type of thread like this ? Beginners keep frequenting just the device specific thread
Since I seem to be the only RC keeping up with this device, within the next few days I'll put together and maintain a FAQ thread. I maintain the FAQ thread for the Optimus One devices so I might as well handle this one too ;)

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Pjautuvas

Jul 10, 2012
Is there any way to unlock bootloader for D405N V10b-EUR-XX? I've only found patched aboot for V10a, c or d.
And by the way, I think this thread should be updated. There should be an easy step-by-step guide showing how to root, unlock bootloader and flash custom recovery. Many other device forums has this, it would save much time and would help newbies too.

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Is there any way to unlock bootloader for D405N V10b-EUR-XX? I've only found patched aboot for V10a, c or d.
And by the way, I think this thread should be updated. There should be an easy step-by-step guide showing how to root, unlock bootloader and flash custom recovery. Many other device forums has this, it would save much time and would help newbies too.

Cant help with your bootloader question, sorry. This is just a reference/discussion thread. No need to update. Someone needs to create a thread for what you're suggesting.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Disrupthor

Dec 19, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lg_l90_dual_official.jpg

Introduction

Hey everyone! I've created this thread to be used as a reference point to all discussions regarding the LG L90. Collected information regarding our device will be available for everyone, and I'll continually update this post with details and such that we're informed of. Now, I'm going to need help regarding "lone wolf" threads that pop up from time to time. If you create a thread regarding something, provide a link to it on this thread, and I'll include it in the respective categories that I'm creating. Since this device is relatively new, there won't be much here to begin with - but since this device has an incredible price-to-quality ratio, I'm hoping that this thread will foster development and cooperation with our newly-found brothers and sisters here on xda.

The Optimus L90 is latest iteration of the L-series, being the third generation, it's the successor to the Optimus L9 II. The L90 is a feature-packed bang-for-your-buck device, with a quad-core processor, adequate camera, and sports LG's innovative "Knock-On" and "Guest Modes," all while running 4.4.2 KitKat, right out of the box.

There are four major known models of the L90.
    D405 - International, no NFC.
    D405n - International, NFC.
    D410 - International, NFC (I believe)
    D415 - America, NFC unknown (T-Mobile, Metro)
    Update History -
    June 2nd, 2014 (Initial posting)
    June 15th, 2014 (Root information, KDZ links)
    June 22nd, 2014 (Changed "Root Discussion" link)
    June 23rd, 2014 (Added in KDZ flashing guide and driver links @krchi)
    July 1st, 2014 (Updated with recovery images, we now have a subforum!)
    July 12th, 2014 (Linked threads, reformatted)
    August 2nd, 2014 (Updated KDZ Links to Mega, linked CM11 thread)
    August 30th, 2014 (Updated D415 KDZ)
    November 15th, 2014 (Updated D405n KDZ, ROM links)

How to Root -

Visit this website, and download the .apk file to your device. Enable "Unknown Sources" (Settings -> Security) and open the file using a file manager. When it opens, tap install, and continue regardless of the "security warning" that Google brings up. Open up the application once installed, and tap the solitary button once. Wait a few seconds, and your device will reboot.

Next, install the most recent version of the SuperSU application. If the Play Store Version doesn't work, get the official version from Chainfire's site. Once SuperSU has been opened, tap Install and select the normal method. Congratulations on root!

KDZ Download Links -

Here is a guide on how to flash a KDZ file. These are officially packaged update files from LG themselves, and should be used in cases of emergency softbricks. A word of warning, these downloads aren't small. ( ~ 1 GB) If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to comment on the thread I've linked, or message me or @krchi. Best of luck! Be sure to have drivers installed. If you have yet to do so, you can pick up the Universal ADB Drivers here, credits to @Koush. If these methods don't work for you, head to the thread here by @creativetrendz. If all else fails, feel free to ask!

I've uploaded these KDZs to my Mega account for anyone to use. I recommend keeping this files and mirroring them, as I cannot guarantee that they will always be available there!

Note - We now have root access on the previously locked models! Thanks to @geohot

Recovery Mode -

We have access to custom recovery, thanks to @Quarx and the guys at 4pda.ru. If you speak Russian, I definitely recommend you check them out. Head to page 31 of this thread to find them attached in post 303! TWRP has a glitch where it won't recognize your touch input for a bit. Allow the screen to timeout, then unlock it and it will work fine. For me, and a few others, the recoveries aren't recognizing the internal or external memories - So, they're a bit useless, but some could make use of them. Can't hurt to try it out!

Tip - Going to TWRP Settings and settings the screen timeout to "15 seconds" (Or whatever the minimum amount is) will help alleviate you of some waiting time!

Threads -

I'll continually update this as more are created, but I'm going to need your help locating them.

Tips -

- Use Google+ Photo's "Auto-Awesome" feature to remove/minimize the "fogginess" of some camera photos.
    - Try using the "Knock-On" feature more, it's simple yet incredibly useful.
    - Try settings the "Quick-Button" to your camera application, makes point/snap moments that much easier.
    - Swipe left on the lockscreen clock to add widgets to it. Useful ones include Hangouts and Camera (accessed by swiping right)
    - Set your "Plug and Pop" apps to include your music/audio/video apps when you connect earbuds (Play Music, Youtube)
    - If you use a pattern lock, be sure to activate guest mode. Could come in handy.
    - If you use a pattern lock, you can change the dot's "theme" in lockscreen settings.
    - Swiping from the bottom center of the screen will reveal Google/Quickmemo shortcuts.
    - Try alternate applications, such as Nova Launcher for your homescreen and Hangouts for your SMS.
    - Tapatalk is an incredibly useful application, subscribing to threads notifies you of their updates.
    - Set LG Backup to backup your personal data and apps every morning (2:00-4:00 AM) to external SD. Do it.
    - Greenify is a must regardless of your root status.
    - Disable the applications you don't use and clear their data. Carrier bloat is ewwy.
    - Be sure to change your keyboard if you want a refresher, I recommend Google Keyboard.

If I've left anything out, or you want to see something that I should include, be sure to let me know. Looking forward to watching the community's development for this device continually grow.
    CWM and TWRP for L90 D410/405/415
    For D405/D410 Need unlocked Bootloader!!! D415 users no need unlock
    TWRP touch bug workaround:
    Keep the device untouched for some time (exactly: 1 minute or 60 seconds).
    Your device will be locked or will be blacked out after 60 seconds.
    Press Power button to unlock it.
    Swipe to unlock your phone!
    Now the touch will work without any flaws.

How to install recovery:
    Copy recovery image to sdcard to sdcard and do this commands in terminal
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/%imagename%.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
    reboot recovery
    You need patched aboot.
    All credits for patched aboot to Andrew-New
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=575959&view=findpost&p=32358459
    Check your firmware version before install!!!
    abootbPatched405v10a.zip - D405 v10a
    abootPatched410v10c.zip - D410 v10c

To install.
    Unzip archive, Copy aboot.bin to sdcard and do this commands in terminal
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
    Reboot phone and install recovery.

Be aware!!! Wrong aboot can kill your phone!!
    I'll update the thread tomorrow with a nicely bolded disclaimer stating that the D415 is a separate model from the D410/405/405n, and that things done to those phones should only be tried if they're confirmed to work on the D415 as well.
    [Recovery] Philz_Touch_6.50.6_Shoxx [CWM_Based]

Hey Guys

I compiled Philz Touch 6 for L90. This is not the final Release, because under USB Mount only external_sd is Shown, everything else should work.

when everything works i make a new Recovery Thread ;)

Attached zip could flashed over other Custom Recovery, or unpack the zip , and flash the recovery over an App like flashify or something else.

6v73q1s6j7z.png

Download

Let me know if it works for you, i test on D405 (International) Device....

Credits to Phil3759!!!

Link to his thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

Greets Shoxx