Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

GPS Issue with LG G2 mini?

OP GNT00Q

19th May 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Just finally got my new LG G2 mini!

Just that when I just came across a problem. I don't think the GPS is locking on. But the funny thing is that my location moves ( like it miraculously locks ) when I access the Maps application. So I got curious and then Installed GPS status and it shows me Looking for GPS location with the SAT showing 0/22 or 0/21. I even tried to download GPS Assistance Data and no fix done. For I also play ingress, I do need to use the GPS to play it.

Is it a problem with the Phone or the Apps I have installed or maybe its a problem with the OS?

PS. I also tried connecting to Wifi outside via a wireless modem and GPS Status shows me 1+1/22 for a second and then back to 0/22

Yelp.
19th May 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #2  

1 posts
Also a GPS Issues
Hi,

I also have a LG G2 Mini and have the same problem...
THe Phone finds a lot of satalites but does not lock on the the position.
Need to wait a long time for it has the position.
Resetted the Phone etc. but no luck.
Hope someone can help?
4th June 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #3  

3 posts
I have same problem. I think, it's a bug in software. Maybe fix it.
7th June 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Just received a software update but it was only for apps.

Oh no... The GPS just became a little bit worst than before when setting to high accuracy. The GPS icon is not turning white every since then. Unless I set to device only.
11th June 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #5  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNT00Q

Just received a software update but it was only for apps.

Oh no... The GPS just became a little bit worst than before when setting to high accuracy. The GPS icon is not turning white every since then. Unless I set to device only.

my phone gps works fine until I recently installed this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1685726 ,

but now it wont set any location at all

I was hoping by installing those gps fix will fasten the locktime
27th June 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #6  
Flag Denpasar
Thanks Meter: 22

161 posts
More
SIM1 Problem LG G2 Mini
i have problem with my new LG G2 Mini
sometimes SIM1 signal disappears for no reason
hope LG fix it with new update next time
and also it's happening with my LG L90 , same problem
30th July 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #7  

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrive

i have problem with my new LG G2 Mini
sometimes SIM1 signal disappears for no reason
hope LG fix it with new update next time
and also it's happening with my LG L90 , same problem

Me and my girfrend have two of this g2 mini
1. my (black ) loses fix everywhere - in car i must place it under the mirror because if i grab it to hand it lose fix under the roof of the car.
2. her white always make fix first and signal stench is about 3-5 points better (measured with GPS test app) but i never checked it in car

In opposite 3 other devices :
htc HD (sic!) (only gps no glonas),
galaxy gio (only GPS no glonas),
asus memo pad 10
obtains fix as fast as white g2 mini but signal is always stronger by next 4-5 points (hd is windows stuff so app is different)
htc hd can be putted to pocked and still works ...
So basically there is something wrong with g2 mini it obtains fix much slower and probably have problems with antenna or gps strength.

I got 10 days to resign from it so probably i will go this way
31st July 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #8  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jareeq

Me and my girfrend have two of this g2 mini
1. my (black ) loses fix everywhere - in car i must place it under the mirror because if i grab it to hand it lose fix under the roof of the car.
2. her white always make fix first and signal stench is about 3-5 points better (measured with GPS test app) but i never checked it in car

In opposite 3 other devices :
htc HD (sic!) (only gps no glonas),
galaxy gio (only GPS no glonas),
asus memo pad 10
obtains fix as fast as white g2 mini but signal is always stronger by next 4-5 points (hd is windows stuff so app is different)
htc hd can be putted to pocked and still works ...
So basically there is something wrong with g2 mini it obtains fix much slower and probably have problems with antenna or gps strength.

I got 10 days to resign from it so probably i will go this way

It's the same for me. I got a black G2 mini and when I have the device near car's window the GPS signal is slightly better but it still loses signal from time to time.
Using my previous device a Sony Neo V GPS it works prefectly. I sent the device to local service but they returned it to me that it works properly.

Unfortunatelly the days to resign have passed for me.
31st July 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #9  

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amythos

It's the same for me. I got a black G2 mini and when I have the device near car's window the GPS signal is slightly better but it still loses signal from time to time.
Using my previous device a Sony Neo V GPS it works prefectly. I sent the device to local service but they returned it to me that it works properly.

Unfortunatelly the days to resign have passed for me.

Some people on forums said you can use fix from nexus 5, but the approach must to be differ because antenna is not located on back cover (there is only lte antenna visible). Some plus is that you do not need to use extra torx but simple small +. Anyway if you are on warranty go this way.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread