Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,081 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[COMMIT] [AOSP] JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations - Increases performance up to 6x

Tip us?

WhiteNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycon33 View Post
@WhiteNeo , the other workaround is mentioned here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=423

Tapatalked from my Xperia
So you suggest using a local -Os cflag in the concerning section? A good idea actually!
Could you show me how this works?

DJLamontagneIII
Old
(Last edited by DJLamontagneIII; Yesterday at 09:13 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3313

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNeo View Post
So you suggest using a local -Os cflag in the concerning section? A good idea actually!
Could you show me how this works?
The commit he link earlier will fix that error without dropping down to -Os in the project https://github.com/SlimKangs/android...8d540b2d6b4924... Basicly your errors are coming from libhwcomposer/hwc_fbupdate.cpp because its looking for those references in libhwcomposer/hwc_utils.cpp but can't find them with them inline.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJLamontagneIII For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WhiteNeo
Old
(Last edited by WhiteNeo; Today at 12:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLamontagneIII View Post
The commit he link earlier will fix that error without dropping down to -Os in the project https://github.com/SlimKangs/android...8d540b2d6b4924... Basicly your errors are coming from libhwcomposer/hwc_fbupdate.cpp because its looking for those references in libhwcomposer/hwc_utils.cpp but can't find them with them inline.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Ahh, now I get it. The "inline" itself would not be an issue, but the other methods referencing it cause the compile issues.
I'll try that commit, then.

By the way, sorry guys for my (most likely) pretty stupid questions. I'm quite new to all this compilation and flag stuff and I guess I still have to find my way around. ^^

EDIT: Build compiled successfully. Thanks for the help.
Next target: -O3 flags and Linaro 4.8 ^^

JustArchi
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 20757

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ahh, now I get it. The "inline" itself would not be an issue, but the other methods referencing it cause the compile issues.
I'll try that commit, then.

By the way, sorry guys for my (most likely) pretty stupid questions. I'm quite new to all this compilation and flag stuff and I guess I still have to find my way around. ^^

EDIT: Build compiled successfully. Thanks for the help.
Next target: -O3 flags and Linaro 4.8 ^^
Actually it's nice to see people helping eachother, and it also benefits future questions through search option.

And if you're wondering, your issue is happening due to more aggressive optimizations on level O2 and higher.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WhiteNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi View Post
Actually it's nice to see people helping eachother, and it also benefits future questions through search option.

And if you're wondering, your issue is happening due to more aggressive optimizations on level O2 and higher.
Okay.. In that case, I'll need your opinion. What do you think will be the easier next step for me, compiling thumb and kernel with O3, or both with Linaro 4.8?
Currently I'm using O2 and Linaro 4.7 for both.

JustArchi
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 20757

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay.. In that case, I'll need your opinion. What do you think will be the easier next step for me, compiling thumb and kernel with O3, or both with Linaro 4.8?
Currently I'm using O2 and Linaro 4.7 for both.
It's very rare that O3 will cause any side effects if you have none with O2.

Compiler is whole another story.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
justarchi archidroid optimizations linaro hack