Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is this a common problem for everyone? (Small problem)

Tip us?

LeParkour012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Default Is this a common problem for everyone? (Small problem)

Before we start, I'm running The latest firmware .757 with Advanced Kernel.

So the problem is the minimum frequency is shown as 1190Mhz but it's running as low as 300Mhz. Tried changing it to show 300Mhz but it keeps changing back to 1190Mhz.

Any ideas? It's not a big problem but it's becoming very annoying.

My Devices:

QualQuek
Old
(Last edited by QualQuek; 11th April 2014 at 08:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeParkour012 View Post
Before we start, I'm running The latest firmware .757 with Advanced Kernel.

So the problem is the minimum frequency is shown as 1190Mhz but it's running as low as 300Mhz. Tried changing it to show 300Mhz but it keeps changing back to 1190Mhz.

Any ideas? It's not a big problem but it's becoming very annoying.
You don't use all the time the maximum frequency of CPU cores...i've tested myself with the same Antutu CPU Benchmark and i have the same, in IDLE the cpus frequency is 300Mhz, if i start a game that jump to higher frequency, there is nothing stange here.
French Android Games Tester Youtube Channel
Shou Screen Recorder for Android
Sony Xperia Z1 - C6903 - KK 4.4.2 Stock ROM Rooted by [NUT] - Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Stock ROM

LeParkour012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
I'm talking about what these 2 app shows me. My minimum frequency is 300Mhz yet it's showing 1190Mhz.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
My Devices:

QualQuek
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
I'm talking about what these 2 app shows me. My minimum frequency is 300Mhz yet it's showing 1190Mhz.

That mean that the minimal frequency is 300Mhz i don't understand your problem i have the same thing, when the phone is IDLing it's at 300Mhz, that seems legit.
Sony Xperia Z1 - C6903 - KK 4.4.2 Stock ROM Rooted by [NUT] - Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Stock ROM

LeParkour012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Yes my minimum frequency is 300MHz but both the screenshots is telling me that my minimum frequency is 1190Mhz, which is wrong. My problem is that they're not telling me the correct frequency.

My Devices:

QualQuek
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Yes my minimum frequency is 300MHz but both the screenshots is telling me that my minimum frequency is 1190Mhz, which is wrong. My problem is that they're not telling me the correct frequency.

The first one said your current frequency is 300Mhz (your phone IDLE) and minimum 1190, this app seems just broken or wrong.
The 2nd clearly show the minimum is 300Mhz and the current is 422,4Mhz

I trust Antutu CPU Master because i have the same results.

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 738

DONATE TO ME
Try a different CPU app, like set cpu, see what that says, i think it could just be a glitch on that CPU app.

Chances are it's reporting it wrongly and it'll be down to the app, if it was on 1190 all the time your battery life would really suffer for it.

Also try to alter the governor in the app, could be that on another one like interactive or power save it'll yield different results.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1 - Galaxy S5

Destroyedbeauty
Old
(Last edited by Destroyedbeauty; 11th April 2014 at 06:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 407
This is because of Qualcomm MP-Decision that controls the hotplugging, that tells the CPU to boost MIN freq to 1190 Mhz to fake UI smoothness and response, about 2-3 second then ramp quickly down to 300 Mhz, and then do the same over and over again. Good for performance, bad for battery.

This is also a part of Qualcomms own Project Butter solution - using / forcing the device into overdrive mode w/o any thoughts on heat generation / stuttering by nearly instant & uneven shifting between frequencies, thanks to a built-in touch boost feature that is boosting the phone to 1190 Mhz in Z1 case, was at 1026 Mhz frequency spectrum at Z / devices that used the same QC shipset as the Z.

This is fixed by @faux123 in his rewritten Intelliplug module, that conserves / keeps the performance (even improves it..) and boosting battery life with a more natural step pattern through your device various CPU clock frequencies.

EDIT: More easy understood info on those two links!

Link 1

Link 2

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Android Devices that I am using:
1. Sony Xperia Z1 - ROM: RomAur v9.1 / Kernel: Unofficial Doomkernel v21 with 4.4.4 support[/I]
2. Sony Xperia Tablet Z - ROM: Tweaked, debloated & rooted stock 10.5.A.0.230 / Kernel: UnleaZhed XTZ v0.2

rambo420
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have the same problem. Can't even set my min frequency to any other then 300MHz.
Would like to raise it a bit becose sometimes its freezing when starting the camera using the physica button.
I can only change the max frequency.
Any help Would be very appreciated.
Thank you

Z1 4.4.4 stock & locked bootloader

mitsosJL
Old
(Last edited by mitsosJL; Yesterday at 03:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I had the same problem, just try the No-frills cpu control it works for me (when your phone is idle it will always running at 300 because it is trying to save battery)