Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from RErick: AllianceROM Kit Kat International ND3

[ROM][NF4][4.4.2] **~AllianceROM KitKat v4~** 07.20.2014 Milestone 1

Tip us?

marknderm
Old
(Last edited by marknderm; Today at 02:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I was wondering if anyone knows why the wifi would not be working when the data does work... and everything else works. But here is the thing, The rom is on slot 1 and everyone says that you can't use any slot besides the stock slot.

I installed alliancerom into the slot 1 and everything works fine except it just hangs whenever I try to turn on the wifi. And if i use the back button to go back out of trying to turn on the wifi, it will put me right back to where everything works again, until I try to turn it on again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mattitude
Old
(Last edited by mattitude; Today at 02:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknderm View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows why the wifi would not be working when the data does work... and everything else works. But here is the thing, The rom is on slot 1 and everyone says that you can't use any slot besides the stock slot.

I installed alliancerom into the slot 1 and everything works fine except it just hangs whenever I try to turn on the wifi. And if i use the back button to go back out of trying to turn on the wifi, it will put me right back to where everything works again, until I try to turn it on again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Have you tried booting to recovery, wiping your cache and dalvik cache again and then reboot... I've never had any wifi issues with alliance at all, but that had fixed issues similar to what your describing on other roms for me in the past.

Edit - Just saw your comment about being installed on slot 1. I've always just used the "stock" slot for everything and I've never had an issue as long as I've been using SS and Towelroot. I've heard of people having minor issues from using the various numbered slots but I can't say for sure one way or another bud. Hope you get it fixed. This rom is killer. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

marknderm
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I love alliancerom it's the best in my opinion, but if could use the stock slot and that would probably fix my problem, but I don't want to use that one. In want to get the rom working on slot 1. (numbrred slots)...
The phones data works fine but I can't download everything on my data, there has to be a way to get the wifi to workout. To tell the truth, I'm really not even sure how this is even working on slot 1 because everyone says that the slots don't work in KK. 4.4.2. I'll try to wipe the catch again like the post above said to. Maybe that will work. Please if anyone has any info that may help. I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh here is something else that may or may not have to do with my problems, I loaded Titanium Backup in my phone, but it won't work because of days that my SD card is not writable. Maybe there is something else wrong that is not letting my phone messup from it. I'm not sure if this is even related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bubbajoe40356
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4785

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknderm View Post
I love alliancerom it's the best in my opinion, but if could use the stock slot and that would probably fix my problem, but I don't want to use that one. In want to get the rom working on slot 1. (numbrred slots)...
The phones data works fine but I can't download everything on my data, there has to be a way to get the wifi to workout. To tell the truth, I'm really not even sure how this is even working on slot 1 because everyone says that the slots don't work in KK. 4.4.2. I'll try to wipe the catch again like the post above said to. Maybe that will work. Please if anyone has any info that may help. I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh here is something else that may or may not have to do with my problems, I loaded Titanium Backup in my phone, but it won't work because of days that my SD card is not writable. Maybe there is something else wrong that is not letting my phone messup from it. I'm not sure if this is even related.

To be quite honest and frank .. if you don't install in the stock slot ..there is really not much that can be answered. I fought it and resisted with the 4.3 version. Had issues all the time. I finally took the plunge and installed in stock .. and guess what .. zero issues..

The rom is so heavily modified that it has to be in the stock slot to work properly. Plus, if no one but you runs it in the slot 1 ... no one can duplicate the issue. Please reconsider .. I am sure you will be happier.

"If you got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow" ...
John Wayne

My Theme Chooser Themes
^ Click That
Best post EVER
< Click that

marknderm
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Your probably right, I should just put it in the stock slot. I was just trying not to lose what is there in that slot to begin with. I'm kinda afraid to do it, fearful of it not working right after I change it.