Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] HDXPosed 1.3 : signature check, play store, downloads, wallpaper fix...

Tip us?

louvega
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade22 View Post
corrupt downloaded file...redownload

Yeah... there's a lot more going on than that. No matter what I can't install the Google apps and I can't change permissions on the system/apps folder either no matter what I try. And, even weirder, I have superuser and root check basic installed and it says that I have root, but I still can't get the Google apps installed. It's like a partial root or something. Very weird. I'm sure the file isn't corrupt - I've tried it quite a few times and no success. Any other suggestions?

Cpasjuste
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by louvega View Post
Yeah... there's a lot more going on than that. No matter what I can't install the Google apps and I can't change permissions on the system/apps folder either no matter what I try. And, even weirder, I have superuser and root check basic installed and it says that I have root, but I still can't get the Google apps installed. It's like a partial root or something. Very weird. I'm sure the file isn't corrupt - I've tried it quite a few times and no success. Any other suggestions?
Are you using safestrap ? If so restore a stock backup to ROM slot and start again from scratch.

conan1600
Old
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by louvega View Post
First, don't install superuser and SuperSU at the same time. Uninstall superuser, it works best with CM. Go into supersu and clear out the app permisions for es file explorer, in the settings tab of supersu make sure ENABLE SUPERSU is ticked. Second when downloading if you have es file manager installed you should get a query about download with this or that or es file downloader. Download it with es file downloader. Make sure you have USB debugging ticked in settings as well as apps from unknown sources. If you still get parse errors one easy way to fix them almost always is to side load google drive. Transfer the file to google drive then install from drive. Works almost all the time.
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Rooted/Xposed
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Rooted/Xposed
HP Slatebook 10 X2
Nexus 7 2013 CM 10.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (R)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Rooted - 1.6GHz OC
Nook HD+ - CM 10.1 (R)
Asus Transformer TF300T Clean Rom 3.0.4 (R)
Acer A210 - Stock (R)
Samsung Galaxy Tab CM 10 (R)
Barnes & Noble Nook Color CM9 (R)
LG G3 - Rooted/Xposed
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (R)
LG Optimus G Pro Rooted, Xposed (R)
Motorola Atrix 4g TopSmarts 2.3 (R)
HTC Hero CM7 (R)

rr+
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default compatibility with toolkit and new OS version

Hi!

I would like to use your HDXposed to get google apps working.
However I read it will do (among other things) disable OTA updates.
I already used HDX toolkit 0.94 to gain root and to disable OTA.
I want to be able to switch OTA on if desired (toolkit has a function to undo its OTA disabling).
I have a HDX 7" ("Thor") with OS version 13.3.2.4_user_324002120.
No Safestrap installed (due to beta status and massive warnings in safestrap thread I was too anxious to install it), so I have no backup.

Is it save to apply HDXposed in this configuration (as far as you can tell, no warranty of course)?
Can I omit the "OTA disabling" feature in HDXposed?
Or will HDXposed simply do nothing concerning OTA (because OTA is already disabled by toolkit)?
If HDXposed does some changes to disable OTA, how can I revert them?

best regards
Robert

jimyv
Old
(Last edited by jimyv; 31st July 2014 at 04:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 122
Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr+ View Post
Hi!

I would like to use your HDXposed to get google apps working.
However I read it will do (among other things) disable OTA updates.
I already used HDX toolkit 0.94 to gain root and to disable OTA.
I want to be able to switch OTA on if desired (toolkit has a function to undo its OTA disabling).
I have a HDX 7" ("Thor") with OS version 13.3.2.4_user_324002120.
No Safestrap installed (due to beta status and massive warnings in safestrap thread I was too anxious to install it), so I have no backup.

Is it save to apply HDXposed in this configuration (as far as you can tell, no warranty of course)?
Can I omit the "OTA disabling" feature in HDXposed?
Or will HDXposed simply do nothing concerning OTA (because OTA is already disabled by toolkit)?
If HDXposed does some changes to disable OTA, how can I revert them?

best regards
Robert
I can tell you from experience it will not have any negative effect to be running both the OTA blocker from toolkit and this module . Second is if you read the whole safestrap thread or at least the largest part of it you will see that most people only have problems with safestrap when miss using it if they have not followed directions then nobody can be held responsible but themselves . The latest safestrap 3.75 b02 works fine when used properly . Beta will have small bugs and they are noted in the thread but there are workarounds and procedure advice within the thread.. It is simple to reverse any xposed mod . First go to your framework / application /module and uncheck it.then go to application manager in your tablet and uninstall the hdxposed 1.3 apk, reboot .done
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]