Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 41,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from googy_anas: Version 1.1.3 released !!!

(29/07) Googy-Max3 Kernel 1.1.3 [TW/GE/CM11] (Linux 3.4.100 / Linaro GCC 4.9.1 A15)

Tip us?

Bejda
Old
Thanks Meter 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by remorema View Post
Yep thats about right. My less cientific approach of 1% per minute wasn't to far off
I'm not sure we can always count on a 1900mah charge, maybe there's a problem on my side you'll tell me but if you type "su" and then "dumpsys battery" into terminal emulator (or simpler use a dedicated app or widget that will return a filtered result of that same command) once you plugged your device you might notice that the current charge tends to change every time you unplug/replug it.
It's actually pretty rare for me that it charges at 1900, it's far more often a pretty low value.
But i wonder,maybe it's only me that would need to clean up my usb slot dunno because i use the bundled Samsung charger and even if i use another it's still about the same thing.

But beware,if you see same behavior than me you might end up plug/replugging your device and check widget like crazy every time you'll want to let your phone on charge for a moment lol
jfltexx

Jimsilver73
Old
Thanks Meter 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejda View Post
I'm not sure we can always count on a 1900mah charge, maybe there's a problem on my side you'll tell me but if you type "su" and then "dumpsys battery" into terminal emulator (or simpler use a dedicated app or widget that will return a filtered result of that same command) once you plugged your device you might notice that the current charge tends to change every time you unplug/replug it.
It's actually pretty rare for me that it charges at 1900, it's far more often a pretty low value.
But i wonder,maybe it's only me that would need to clean up my usb slot dunno because i use the bundled Samsung charger and even if i use another it's still about the same thing.

But beware,if you see same behavior than me you might end up plug/replugging your device and check widget like crazy every time you'll want to let your phone on charge for a moment lol
Lol, yes, I have done exactly this unplug plug thing, I use 'galaxy charging current lite from gplay to check and I notice the exact same behaviour.
S4 i9505
My setup + links to very cool stuff

DualBootPatcherAndroid-7.0.0.r133
snapshot (link to latest)
(sharing1 set of apks between all ROMs)

Primary -
ROM: Shostock 8

Secondary -
ROM: Dandvh GPE
Kernel: Googymax3

Multi slot 1- (daily driver)
ROM: SlimSaberKat
Kernel: AlucardGoogymax3

Multi slot 2 -
ROM: MIUI KK
Kernel: Alucard

Multi slot 3 -
ROM: Merk ROM

Modem: XXUGNE8
Recovery: TWRP

ART vs Dalvik VM
Alucard kernel settings sharing thread

The Following User Says Thank You to Jimsilver73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shisma
Old
Thanks Meter 15
No problem here, my phone charging 1900 on screen off and 1200 screen on. Full charge in 1,5 hours.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
The Following User Says Thank You to Shisma For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jimsilver73
Old
Thanks Meter 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisma View Post
No problem here, my phone charging 1900 on screen off and 1200 screen on. Full charge in 1,5 hours.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
maybe I got dirty usb too
S4 i9505

Primary -

Secondary -

Multi slot 2 -

Multi slot 3 -

ART vs Dalvik VM

Shisma
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsilver73 View Post
maybe I got dirty usb too
Probably, many people have problems with Samsung usb cables.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505

Bejda
Old
Thanks Meter 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisma View Post
Probably, many people have problems with Samsung usb cables.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
Yes some bad cables are often involved but here i wonder,i have a lot of cables and charging solutions but it's always the same so I'm more thinking about the usb slot.
Are you on Touchwiz btw?
I don't have any touchwiz rom at hand right now to check again but although it was about the same story i guess i've noticed that the average charging values tended to be better.

Sorry for the little OT
jfltexx

Jimsilver73
Old
Thanks Meter 927
Quote:
Yes some bad cables are often involved but here i wonder,i have a lot of cables and charging solutions but it's always the same so I'm more thinking about the usb slot.
Are you on Touchwiz btw?
I don't have any touchwiz rom at hand right now to check again but although it was about the same story i guess i've noticed that the average charging values tended to be better.

Sorry for the little OT
yeah - I was thinking more along the lines of usb slot - somehow sammy has a knack of making really ****e ones lol
S4 i9505

Primary -

Secondary -

Multi slot 2 -

Multi slot 3 -

ART vs Dalvik VM

Shisma
Old
(Last edited by Shisma; Today at 04:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Are you on Touchwiz btw?

Sorry for the little OT
Yes, I'm on TW rom. Never tried an AOSP with this device. Try to clean your smartphone's contacts, may be dirty or corroded.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505