[ROM][32A-MT3G] T-Mobile MyTouch 3g Fender Edition Stock ROM with ROOT! [01-25-2010]

Search This thread

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
This ROM is a nearly stock 1.6 Donut ROM, based on the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Limited Fender Edition. It has all of the T-Mobile apps in it too.

Thanks to crypysmoker for testing some rather dangerous SPL/radio stuff on his phone.

Requirements for this ROM
- MyTouch 3G Limited Fender Edition OR MyTouch 3G 1.2
- Rooted recovery environment
- Stock MT3G 32A Radio and SPL
---- Radio: 2.22.23.02
---- SPL: 1.33.0013
---- Amon_RA Sapphire G Recovery
- Ability to read and comprehend English for the instructions

Downgrade/root your MyTouch3g 1.2/Fender using the normal means. I think the goldcard method works. Check this thread for more information. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=622530.

After rooting, you will have a 32A phone that will not (at this point) have a working touchscreen on any ROM.

Download and extract this ZIP file. http://www.theandroidkitchen.com/fileshare/MyTouch3g32A/?download=MT3GStockRadioSPL.zip
Boot into FASTBOOT, flash the radio, then the SPL/HBOOT, then Amon_RA Sapphire G recovery, then press Menu to power off your phone. Boot into recovery and you now can flash this ROM. Make sure that you flash the radio, SPL and recovery at the same time without rebooting in between.

Code:
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash hboot hboot_7201A_1.33.0013G_091021.nbo
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2G.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
Then boot into recovery by holding Home and pressing Power and you can flash this ROM.

Features:
- root, of course
- busybox
- Superuser.apk

I don't have one of these phones, so I'm not sure what works and what doesn't, but I hope this gets you guys back up and running without reverting to the T-Mobile non-rooted ROM. crypysmoker is testing most functions out right now.

Enjoy!

MT3GFender32A-Stock-1.0-signed.zip

Please keep all issues in this thread. Again, please remember that I don't have one of these phones, so I can't directly test fixes for anything. I will rely on you guys for that.

I accept no responsibility for damage to your device, but this is just a ROM, so it's damn near impossible for this to damage your device.

Last edited:
Thank alot. Im hoping this helps us out trying to figure out the whole no touch screen problem. If anyone can also find the radio and spl that comes with this phone it would be greatly appreciated.
I unrooted lastnight to take the phone back but Ill start again with this as a base..
I will be sooo happy if clicky clicky works lol

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
Thank alot. Im hoping this helps us out trying to figure out the whole no touch screen problem. If anyone can also find the radio and spl that comes with this phone it would be greatly appreciated.
I unrooted lastnight to take the phone back but Ill start again with this as a base..
I will be sooo happy if clicky clicky works lol

I am uploading the stock radio and SPL right now.
You have a custom recovery flashed right? Do you have fastboot working?

I am uploading the stock radio and SPL right now.
You have a custom recovery flashed right? Do you have fastboot working?

As oh right this second here what it says
Sapphire Unknown 32b SHIP S-on G
CPLD-13
Hboot- 1.33.0006 (sapp31000)
May 27 2009

When I got it it said
SAPPHIRE PVT 32a SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.33.0013 (SAPP31000)
CPLD-13
RADIO-2.22.23.02
OCT 21 2009, 22:33:27

I am in fastboot right now, and can boot into amen ras recovery through it. So Once you get those files up, Ill start
1.try this rom first...
2.Flash radio back and try rom, or other rom..
3Flash spl and radio back... but then have no root to fastboot to flash rom lol

This phone has turned out to be a doosey.

Again, main thing that makes me mad, is now it is branded with google instead of HTC now and says 32b rather then 32a which I think may be the main problem.

EDIT-- Oops.. that was a perfected SPL.. re-re rooting now. Amen ras base is still booting. once its done Ill go for this rom.

Ok after re rooting, Im back to where I was with 1.33.2010 and 3.xxx radio.
Board still says Unknown sapphire and 32b, but is branded H now lol

Flashing this rom.......

E:Can't chown/mod system/xbin/su (no such file or directory)
E: Failure at line 21:
set_perm 0 0 04755 SYSTEM:xbin/su

Appaprecntly super user has an attitude today lol;

Last edited:

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
As oh right this second here what it says
Sapphire Unknown 32b SHIP S-on G
CPLD-13
Hboot- 1.33.0006 (sapp31000)
May 27 2009

When I got it it said
SAPPHIRE PVT 32a SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.33.0013 (SAPP31000)
CPLD-13
RADIO-2.22.23.02
OCT 21 2009, 22:33:27

I am in fastboot right now, and can boot into amen ras recovery through it. So Once you get those files up, Ill start
1.try this rom first...
2.Flash radio back and try rom, or other rom..
3Flash spl and radio back... but then have no root to fastboot to flash rom lol

This phone has turned out to be a doosey.

Again, main thing that makes me mad, is now it is branded with google instead of HTC now and says 32b rather then 32a which I think may be the main problem.

Here's your stock SPL and radio. I warn you though, don't flash the SPL. Use the 1.33.2010 SPL. I'll post a link to that as well.

1.33.2010 SPL
Stock MT3G 1.2 32A SPL and Radio

Extract the SPL/Radio ZIP File and put hboot-1.33.2010.img and the radio.img into one folder. Download the Amon_RA Sapphire H recovery.

Type in these commands with your phone in FASTBOOT mode:
Code:
fastboot boot recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2H.img

Apply the 1.33.2010 SPL update.zip through recovery, reboot your phone, then boot into FASTBOOT again.

In FASTBOOT mode, type this on your PC:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2H.img

Your phone will boot back into FASTBOOT. Check to see that you now have:

SAPPHIRE PVT 32a SHIP S-OFF H
HBOOT-1.33.2010 (SAPP31000)
RADIO-2.22.23.02

You will now also have Amon_RA Sapphire H recovery flashed on your phone, so you can boot straight to it by holding Home and pressing Power.

Flash the update file and let me know how it works. :)

Here's your stock SPL and radio. I warn you though, don't flash the SPL. Use the 1.33.2010 SPL. I'll post a link to that as well.

1.33.2010 SPL
Stock MT3G 1.2 32A SPL and Radio

Extract the SPL/Radio ZIP File and put hboot-1.33.2010.img and the radio.img into one folder. Download the Amon_RA Sapphire H recovery.

Type in these commands with your phone in FASTBOOT mode:
Code:
fastboot boot recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2H.img

Apply the 1.33.2010 SPL update.zip through recovery, reboot your phone, then boot into FASTBOOT again.

In FASTBOOT mode, type this on your PC:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2H.img

Your phone will boot back into FASTBOOT. Check to see that you now have:

SAPPHIRE PVT 32a SHIP S-OFF H
HBOOT-1.33.2010 (SAPP31000)
RADIO-2.22.23.02

You will now also have Amon_RA Sapphire H recovery flashed on your phone, so you can boot straight to it by holding Home and pressing Power.

Flash the update file and let me know how it works. :)

I overly fully appreciate all your help.. but I guess you started typing before I was done lol

EDIT-- Oops.. that was a perfected SPL.. re-re rooting now. Amen ras base is still booting. once its done Ill go for this rom.

Ok after re rooting, Im back to where I was with 1.33.2010 and 3.xxx radio.
Board still says Unknown sapphire and 32b, but is branded H now lol

Flashing this rom.......

E:Can't chown/mod system/xbin/su (no such file or directory)
E: Failure at line 21:
set_perm 0 0 04755 SYSTEM:xbin/su

Appaprecntly super user has an attitude today lol;

Just to make sure you saw that in case its a rom problem. Going for my radio now. Now i gota get that Fender spalsh back lol

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
I saw that error on my phone just now too... I'm going to try to fix it. :)
Give me a few minutes. In the meantime, do you now have the stock radio flashed, with the 1.33.2010 SPL and Amon_RA Sapphire H recovery?
Does your FASTBOOT show 32A Again?

For this ROM, please make sure you have the 2.22 stock radio flashed, from my instructions, along with the 1.33.2010 SPL.

I saw that error on my phone just now too... I'm going to try to fix it. :)
Give me a few minutes. In the meantime, do you now have the stock radio flashed, with the 1.33.2010 SPL and Amon_RA Sapphire H recovery?
Does your FASTBOOT show 32A Again?

For this ROM, please make sure you have the 2.22 stock radio flashed, from my instructions, along with the 1.33.2010 SPL.

wow...
ok I already had the 2010 spl on so... I flashed radio and all that.
Now my radio is at 2.22.23.02
Jun 2 2009
Bad thing
SAPPHIRE UNKNOWN 32b eng S-off H

Since I followed Amen ras instructions after reading them 100 times.. I for the life of me cannot figure out how I got this to say 32b. it makes no sense to me at all unless there was a major revision to the NAND or other hardware for these
its also doing the fun part like it did when I went to your rom/radio to where recovery just will not boot.

Last edited:

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
wow...
ok I already had the 2010 spl on so... I flashed radio and all that.
Now my radio is at 2.22.23.02
Jun 2 2009
Bad thing
SAPPHIRE UNKNOWN 32b eng S-off H

Since I followed Amen ras instructions after reading them 100 times.. I for the life of me cannot figure out how I got this to say 32b. it makes no sense to me at all unless there was a major revision to the NAND or other hardware for these
its also doing the fun part like it did when I went to your rom/radio to where recovery just will not boot.

Flash this radio through FASTBOOT, does it change to 32A?
http://www.theandroidkitchen.com/fi...es/?download=Radio_HTC_PVT_32A_3.22.20.17.img

Flash this radio through FASTBOOT, does it change to 32A?

I flashed through flashboot :)... Ive been messing with G1's for a while so I know my way around a tiny bit. its just this phone is pain in the tuckus.

Oops, you werent done uploading.... Flashing now....

Radio changed... Info at top did not.. Argh.. what would have made it change?
Since I know the goldcard method works and I can downgrade... Should I try the stock spl also? is it like the G1 where radio is first then spl? If none of this works then somethign has been changed in the hardwhere because the other guy in my thread that got hsi rooted has the same exact problem.

Last edited:

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
I flashed through flashboot :)... Ive been messing with G1's for a while so I know my way around a tiny bit. its just this phone is pain in the tuckus.

Oops, you werent done uploading.... Flashing now....

Radio changed... Info at top did not.. Argh.. what would have made it change?
Since I know the goldcard method works and I can downgrade... Should I try the stock spl also? is it like the G1 where radio is first then spl? If none of this works then somethign has been changed in the hardwhere because the other guy in my thread that got hsi rooted has the same exact problem.

It's worth trying the stock SPL, see if that alone changes the 32B to 32A.
If you have Amon_RA Recovery installed and not the stock recovery, you should be able to leave the Stock SPL flashed.
First flash the stock radio, then the stock SPL, then flash the Amon_RA Sapphire H recovery, then 'fastboot reboot-bootloader' to see if your changes worked. :)

SteezyR

Jan 26, 2010
Hey, Im new to this rooting process and I have a mytouch fender. I was wondering if you guys could post some screenshots of how the rom looks on the phone and what are the benefits of rooting the fender?

Hey, Im new to this rooting process and I have a mytouch fender. I was wondering if you guys could post some screenshots of how the rom looks on the phone and what are the benefits of rooting the fender?

Turn your phone on now... See what it looks like? theres your screenshots.
The obvious qustions people ask. I can see why nooone enjoys helping anyone here anymore