Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,640 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab 2 7.0 I705 not turning on after unlocking bootloader

Tip us?

jnleute
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Tab 2 7.0 I705 not turning on after unlocking bootloader

All, pretty sure that this is hard bricked. Will not turn on, go to download or recovery mode, and will not show battery charging.
But I recently got a Galaxy Tab 2. Hated the stock touchwiz, so I figured I would root it to install a custom rom.
I followed these instructionscant post URL) droidviews -how-to-root-and-install-cwm-twrp-recovery-verizon-galaxy-tab-2-sch-i705-on-ics-jelly-bean/
Rooted and installed Jelly bean just fine.
Super User worked fine.
Came back the next day to unlock bootloader and install CWM.
Used ADB to install aroot.img.
ADB said:
...2097152 bytes transferred in 0.385 secs
shell@android:/sdcard # reboot download
reboot download

The device turned off to reboot and will not turn back on. No indication that it is charging. When I put "adb devices" in command it shows no devices attached.
Hard brick? can I do anything like wait for the battery to die?

decookaaron
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnleute View Post
All, pretty sure that this is hard bricked. Will not turn on, go to download or recovery mode, and will not show battery charging.
But I recently got a Galaxy Tab 2. Hated the stock touchwiz, so I figured I would root it to install a custom rom.
I followed these instructionscant post URL) droidviews -how-to-root-and-install-cwm-twrp-recovery-verizon-galaxy-tab-2-sch-i705-on-ics-jelly-bean/
Rooted and installed Jelly bean just fine.
Super User worked fine.
Came back the next day to unlock bootloader and install CWM.
Used ADB to install aroot.img.
ADB said:
...2097152 bytes transferred in 0.385 secs
shell@android:/sdcard # reboot download
reboot download

The device turned off to reboot and will not turn back on. No indication that it is charging. When I put "adb devices" in command it shows no devices attached.
Hard brick? can I do anything like wait for the battery to die?

I did the same with my Black Galaxy Tab 2 on 4.1.2 and went black screen. Hard Bricked. So I bought a New one but white. And Just rooted it. I aint going to risk it again. It's like everyone gave up on it. At least have safestrap or something. I bought them with the 4.1.2

Pronounce
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I Followed the Same Guide with the Same Results

As in your case I followed the same guide to the letter. As soon as I re-imaged the dev block with aboot.img it bricked in the same way as yours did.

I've sinced opened the case and disconnected the battery with no positive results.

The only hope of a solution to this problem is to restore the dev block on the internal SD card with a working SCH-i705 image.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

MrHyde03 <-- (See link for full details.)
Verizon/Samusung released a new update: VRBMI1
Check your firmware version
THE LAST VERSION SUPPORTED BY THIS GUIDE IS VRBLL2.

The solution to unbrick your SCH-i705 is:
If you are no longer under warranty or Samsung doesn't want to fix it, visit the guys at MobileTechVideos.
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 7.0 JTAG BRICK REPAIR
and make sure you select VERIZON under carrier options!