Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Was your Device S-ON when performing this Unlock and Worked?
Yes 12 28.57%
No 23 54.76%
Not Sure 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Sprint HTC One Max SIM Unlock WORKING!!!

Tip us?

thedream83
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help

How do I S-OFF? I've done everything else using sprint htc one max skydragon 2.0 and the sim unlock helper doesnt work, it just sits there PLease help

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslimed2013 View Post
Hello Guys, This is my first time Posting a Thread but this one is quite interesting.

Everyone knows that the HTC one Max from Sprint is Sadly Well Sim Locked, and the Verizon HTC one max is Unlocked straight from the factory due to FCC regulations. On Sprint devives, even when you put in the SIM Card, it won't ask for the Unlock Code. It says Invalid SIM and wont let you use it at all. But I have found the way to Sim Unlock the HTC One Max for Sprint. It's really almost the same way as on the HTC One but with a few more steps.

Step one is that you have to be Rooted. Now, I am not sure if you have to be S-OFF or S-ON but I am S-OFF so you might have to be S-OFF as well, but you guys can confirm that for me.

Next is you need the Following apps: Root Explorer, Sprint HTCOne SIMUnlock Helper. You Must install them before continuing. You can get these Apps from the Play Store.

After that, you need to download the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk File (I have attached the modded file in this Post). This file is the file that needs to be replaced from the one in your /system/app Directory. You need to Remove the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk file first (Or Rename it) before you place the modded one in there. Once done, MAKE SURE that your permissions are set to rw-r-r and reboot. If you don't set the permissions right, it WILL not work.

After you replace the File, You are going to use the SIM Unlock Helper app next. After you select the app, it might say "Device Check Fail" in Big Red Letters. It might also say, "This Device is not a Sprint HTC One! Therefor, this Program will not run". This is ok. What you want to do is click the 3 Menu Dots on the Upper Right hand side and Select "Display SIM Unlock Log". It might ask you for Permissions. Make sure to Grant them. After that it will say "SIM Unlock Log". There shouldn't be anything there. Now hit the back button and now it should say Device Verified, Root Available etc. etc.

Next is you want to tap Start. If everything goes well, within seconds you should be in the OMADM Test Client. Scroll all the way down to the end and tap the selection SIMLOCK. The phone will freeze a couple of seconds and then return to normal. Once done tap the back button and the SIM Unlock Helper should show SIM Unlock Results. If it says Successful, reboot the phone (Although tapping Reboot might not work from the app itself)

Once Rebooted, Insert your SIM Card of your GSM Carrier and go to your Settings> Mobile Data> Network Mode. Once you tap that, Tap GSM/UTMS Only. If successful your phone will switch from Sprint to the GSM carrier. All there is next is to setup your APN settings to be able to receive the carriers data services.

PLEASE NOTE!!! That you won't receive HSPA+ (4G LTE) Data, but you will only receive the 14.4Mbps HSPA Speeds. Talk, Text, and Data should work with no issues.

Please Confirm that it works. I will be posting some pics up later of the process.

Credit also goes to chas123, he's the one who hacked HtcOMADM_SPCS (which is also used in Sprint HTC One SIM Unlock Helper) making it possible to unlock!

Also, for those who are having a vdm error. Replacing the original apk after unlocking fixes it. For those that flashed the ruu maybe replacing that apk will help also.

thedream83
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Stuck on Edge network

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslimed2013 View Post
I have been getting upto 14.4 Mbps Download and around 3-4 Mbps Upload on T-Mobile which is Standard HSDPA/HSUPA speeds. I have to Test AT&T next
Can anyone please help me !
I have unlocked my Sprint Htc One Max and I'm currently running Skydragon 2.0 Sprint Rom. Im using AT&T service but I am only able to pick up edge network signal. Ive tried using Tmobile as well and still no luck. Can anyone please help me get HSPA+ some kind of way? Feel free to text me if you have to 4692095937, I just really can't take this any more.

thedream83
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi I have a sprint htc one max unlocked but I am only getting EDGE network using ATT and Tmobile. I'm using skydragon 2.0 Sprint version but somehow I can't get any network but the edge. Please help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620 View Post
Yes it will. Tested both att and T-Mobile. Both get HSPA

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

jjerome1979
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream83 View Post
Hi I have a sprint htc one max unlocked but I am only getting EDGE network using ATT and Tmobile. I'm using skydragon 2.0 Sprint version but somehow I can't get any network but the edge. Please help me
Check your coverage maps. May not have 1900 band in your area.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ceo4eva
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Simple fix for Sprint users. Sell your phone and buy a Verizon version just like I did. It's factory unlocked!

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Free mobile app
(Primary) HTC One MAX , (Backup) HTC HD2 , Best 1-2 punch

thedream83
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my second sprint htc one max and the other one worked fine but I'm not sure if there is a kernol or radio update im in need of or what but I need this fixed. I even tried flashing Nusensesix Verizon Version but it doesnt even allow me to get data of any kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjerome1979 View Post
Check your coverage maps. May not have 1900 band in your area.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jraz305
Old
Thanks Meter 15
So just asking hboot 2.49.000 cant be SIM unlocked I am guessing .is there away to downgrade or am **** out of luck just asking .please advise thank you

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Free mobile app

theslimed2013
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
This is my second sprint htc one max and the other one worked fine but I'm not sure if there is a kernol or radio update im in need of or what but I need this fixed. I even tried flashing Nusensesix Verizon Version but it doesnt even allow me to get data of any kind
Yeah, Sorry for the long non replies. I got rid of my One max so I can't run any testing on it again. But I would try the radio. Another thing is that you aren't using a GSM/CDMA Type Rom.

jefesala
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yes you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620 View Post
After I do the unlock. Can i flash any rom I want afterwards?
.Yes, you can, and if you want return to stock you can run a RUU.

watters33
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

I have a sprint one max unlocked and on straight talk at&t , I would recommend checking what network your on , I use the app "network" and if i am on GSM only i only get edge but if I use GSM Auto or even WCDMA preferred i get HSPA no problem , any time i change a rom I usually have to change the APN and the network settings and get great service , I do have to use a different app for MMS to send though like go sms or evolve
HTC One Max, LG G2, HTC Sensation, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Evo 4G