Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]KoolKit V1.0.1_RC1 De-Odexed/De-Knoxed 07/30/2014[ROM]

Tip us?

cooza
Old
(Last edited by cooza; Today at 03:49 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3921
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSexySCJCD View Post
For some reason text messaging is not working, I can't send or receive , everything else works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Working fine here too mate. Might be a data block or your APN settings have changed. First check the APN to see if they are the same as before (if you can remember them). Also for a data block since you can't non wipe flash again go into application manager and wipe everything from there. Also use TB to do the same.
I've got screen shots of the APNs of you need them mate.
The Following User Says Thank You to cooza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ALLDAT
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSexySCJCD View Post
For some reason text messaging is not working, I can't send or receive , everything else works

Mines also working and I did restored my messages using TB

BigSexySCJCD
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Thanks for all the replying, apparently att was having issues all good now

Sent from my SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fvultee
Old
Thanks Meter 14
First, thanks for the new ROM, great stuff, everything is very smooth and runs great. Didn't know where to put minor bugs so I'll put it here.

Issue both under clean flash as well as upgrade without wiping, go to Settings, Sound, under Samsung Applications, click Messages, get a "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." FC. Pic related.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-31 17.31.57.png
Views:	30
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	2878271  

cstayton
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2328

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvultee View Post
First, thanks for the new ROM, great stuff, everything is very smooth and runs great. Didn't know where to put minor bugs so I'll put it here.

Issue both under clean flash as well as upgrade without wiping, go to Settings, Sound, under Samsung Applications, click Messages, get a "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." FC. Pic related.
i am unable to reproduce this FC, everything under sound, samsung applications works perfectly for me. Call, Messages, email and calendar all open and accept settings without error.

have you installed any mods from any other threads? have you installed xposed and any additional modules?

Devices:
HTC One X+ Retired
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A Root KoolKit ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab3 7" JB4.2.2 SM-T217A Rooted S5 Tweaked

If you think my work is worthwhile feel free to donate
by clicking on the "Donate to me" button.
Thank you for your support.

The Following User Says Thank You to cstayton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fvultee
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstayton View Post
i am unable to reproduce this FC, everything under sound, samsung applications works perfectly for me. Call, Messages, email and calendar all open and accept settings without error.

have you installed any mods from any other threads? have you installed xposed and any additional modules?
No mods at all, and I'm pretty sure I got it right out of the box after a full wipe and install. I'll wipe and try again and see what happens, I have TB frozen or stopped probably 50+ things so maybe that's it, but will let you know after a full wipe. I installed a few debugging apps to see if I could see what it was calling but the "debuggers" output literally thousands of lines per minute so it wasn't much use to my novice brain.

cstayton
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2328

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No mods at all, and I'm pretty sure I got it right out of the box after a full wipe and install. I'll wipe and try again and see what happens, I have TB frozen or stopped probably 50+ things so maybe that's it, but will let you know after a full wipe. I installed a few debugging apps to see if I could see what it was calling but the "debuggers" output literally thousands of lines per minute so it wasn't much use to my novice brain.
dont freeze anything with TB, just flash the rom (no wipe data or system) then reboot do your initial settup and then test the settings, if it works then one of the items you froze is a dependancy of settings. and settings has a lot of dependancies on other apps and services.

Devices:
HTC One X+ Retired
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A Root KoolKit ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab3 7" JB4.2.2 SM-T217A Rooted S5 Tweaked

If you think my work is worthwhile feel free to donate
by clicking on the "Donate to me" button.
Thank you for your support.

The Following User Says Thank You to cstayton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ALLDAT
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:

Working fine here