Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 41,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL]Forest-CM11 (V5 with OC CPU-GPU)

Tip us?

forest1971
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank87 View Post
It's not only your problem, the cause is the thermal throttle, using navigation software, games, heavy web sites, the cpu reaches the maximum temperature and go to 800mhz and bacame very slow, big lag and temporary freeze.
CM11 is still in Nightlies so the rom and kernel are no perfect.

Still,

I made another variant of V5 with minor adjustment of gpu voltage I feel it is better but has not tested with heavy games. Those who has problems with current V5 you can try the new version and let me know if it helps. cheers.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vs...M11-V5-new.zip
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to forest1971 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

temporarium
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest1971 View Post
U have no ability to understand the subltle feeling and way of thoughtful expressions among advanced users in this forum. Better stop asking these useless questions.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
The question is very valid: if there is no difference with the stock kernel, why is he praising this one so much. I'm sure he's not just boosting your ego, or is he?

forest1971
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarium View Post
The question is very valid: if there is no difference with the stock kernel, why is he praising this one so much. I'm sure he's not just boosting your ego, or is he?
As I said U do not have the ability to really understand the subtle thing @pSyCh¤_O_O was saying. Btw, with your so limited number of posts U better concentrates on learning, testing yourself and post useful comments or questions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forest1971 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pSyCh¤_O_O
Old
Thanks Meter 1212

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'll put in simple terms what i meant just for you:

"Anyone can use this kernel because its as good and stable as stock if not better"

Im leaving it to whos reading to feel curious and try out the kernel
Phone details:

1st ROM: SlimSaber 4.4.2 by Fusiojack
2nd ROM: RootBox Nightlies

Dorimanx latest Kernel

-Performance profile (1400 max.)
-CPU Awake gov HYPER
-CPU Sleep gov ondemand
-I/O awake & sleep scheduler BFQ & BFQ
-Vibration 10%
-Android logger enabled
-S2W (ON)
-Audio tweaks to MAX.
-CPU Group 2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic4181659_13.gif
DorimanX Kernel discussion thread
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pSyCh¤_O_O For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

negativman
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank87 View Post
It's not only your problem, the cause is the thermal throttle, using navigation software, games, heavy web sites, the cpu reaches the maximum temperature and go to 800mhz and bacame very slow, big lag and temporary freeze.
How to fix it? With the usual kernel of this is not!
My smartphones: Samsung Galaxy Note & Galaxy SIII & LG Optimus 4X HD

temporarium
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest1971 View Post
As I said U do not have the ability to really understand the subtle thing @pSyCh¤_O_O was saying. Btw, with your so limited number of posts U better concentrates on learning, testing yourself and post useful comments or questions.
I could really be sarcastic and nasty at this point, but I decided it's not worth it. All the best with your development.

Jackwu696
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Quote:
I could really be sarcastic and nasty at this point, but I decided it's not worth it. All the best with your development.
There's no need for sarcasm or your so called 'nastiness'. The excitement of having found a nice working product as an additional variant to an existing one is not something that can be described in words nor judged as whether it's worth an excitement or not as your first post depicted. Especially if u know how hard it is to develop something and sharing it for FREE. Thanks for the best wishes though. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app
I wanna help because I know how hard it is to be lost.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jackwu696 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Siddarth Malik
Old
Thanks Meter 103
To fellas who want to know what n why of this kernel

This kernel is a developer's initiative to try and better the stock kernel... trying out different things to achieve better performance n maybe stability
1. overclocking to 1.6 GHz
2. removing unnecessary kernel logging
3. overclocking GPU min frequency

These are all attempts to get better performance.. The original cm11 team does not give these features because these are not standards set by google... plus they may affect battery life in exchange for performance...

so a good guy dev comes along and does things for US for FREE... galaxy note does not have many developers trying out different things
I had a galaxy s2 before this and greats like gokhanmoral and dorimanx gave us so much to try and better the stock performance

the dev is one of the few for note.. and we should thank him to keep our note alive..
lastly even if this kernel does nothing better than stock...
we are still pleased to see any kind of work going on for note..because we love to try out different things..
had we not..we would not have rooted our phone and would not have even bothered to read this thread
so thumbs up for dev
everybody is welcome to try out this kernel.. if u like it cool... otherwise just drop it..no big deal
peace
GT-N7000 CyanogenMod 11 nightlies
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Siddarth Malik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

moviecut
Old
Thanks Meter 191
I really like this kernel! Do you have any plans for updates? I use it together with cm11 and wonder, if there are any upstream commits which should be merged to a new forest kernel

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk
------------------
Samsung S4 Active@Vanir Rom
Samsung Galaxy Note 1@OmniRom
Omate Truesmart@Stock+Root+Xposed
Samsung S1@SlimKat
AdamNotionInk@Slimkat