Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] moving apps to external SD card

OP hesseny

14th May 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
hey guys

plz can anyone help me to move my apps to SD card on my Sony ZR ?

thanks in advance
14th May 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 110
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesseny

hey guys

plz can anyone help me to move my apps to SD card on my Sony ZR ?

thanks in advance

There is no direct way to move your apps to SD card.

You need to be rooted in order to move apps to SD. Use Folder mount or similar apps to move apps to SD
23rd July 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Hi

Im rooted and I know about FolderMount, but that doesnt move the app. How can I really move apps to external sd?

Thank you
27th July 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesseny

hey guys

plz can anyone help me to move my apps to SD card on my Sony ZR ?

thanks in advance

first you should root your phone,i recommend using towelroot.
once you gain root access you should partition your sdcard and add a second primary partiton with ext4 format(set your device's usb mode to mass storage mode and connect it to pc,using minitool partiton wizard is recommended.this way you wont lose data on your sdcard)
i have created a 4gb partiton on my 32gb microsd but you can choose the right partition size according to how much data you want to move(detailed info about the process described in the Link2SD thread)
then you can install Link2SD (free) from the link below,this app can move application file,dalvik-cache and library files.internal data such as downloaded game data can be moved but you need to buy the pro version(it's better to use FolderMount for moving internal data to avoid running out of free space in your microsd's second partiton).

Link2SD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=919326
Xperia Easy Root Toolkit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784900
The Following User Says Thank You to RaMin! For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Chihuahua, Mx.
Thanks Meter: 1
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMin!

first you should root your phone,i recommend using towelroot.
once you gain root access you should partition your sdcard and add a second primary partiton with ext4 format(set your device's usb mode to mass storage mode and connect it to pc,using minitool partiton wizard is recommended.this way you wont lose data on your sdcard)
i have created a 4gb partiton on my 32gb microsd but you can choose the right partition size according to how much data you want to move(detailed info about the process described in the Link2SD thread)
then you can install Link2SD (free) from the link below,this app can move application file,dalvik-cache and library files.internal data such as downloaded game data can be moved but you need to buy the pro version(it's better to use FolderMount for moving internal data to avoid running out of free space in your microsd's second partiton).

Link2SD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=919326
Xperia Easy Root Toolkit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784900

hello, I appreciate this, but something goes wrong with my xperia zr, I made the partition, then reboot, and start the Link2SD again, then it seems to work because it asked me to select the partition, the menu to select was like ext2, ext3, ext4, fat32, etc, then I choosed ext4.
immediately it asked to reboot, but now I have a constantly loop... do you know how can I fix this? thanks so much.
30th July 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilloscar

hello, I appreciate this, but something goes wrong with my xperia zr, I made the partition, then reboot, and start the Link2SD again, then it seems to work because it asked me to select the partition, the menu to select was like ext2, ext3, ext4, fat32, etc, then I choosed ext4.
immediately it asked to reboot, but now I have a constantly loop... do you know how can I fix this? thanks so much.

Remove the microsd card and turn on your phone.go to settings>about phone tap several times on Build Number until it says You're a developer now.then go back to the settings>developer options and enable USB Debugging .
now in your pc go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...t-fix-t2317432
Download the windows installer,connect your phone to pc extract the zip file,run the installer and follow the on screen instructions.after finishing the install you can turn off your phone and insert your microsd card and turn off developer options in settings.
31st July 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag Chihuahua, Mx.
Thanks Meter: 1
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMin!

Remove the microsd card and turn on your phone.go to settings>about phone tap several times on Build Number until it says You're a developer now.then go back to the settings>developer options and enable USB Debugging .
now in your pc go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...t-fix-t2317432
Download the windows installer,connect your phone to pc extract the zip file,run the installer and follow the on screen instructions.after finishing the install you can turn off your phone and insert your microsd card and turn off developer options in settings.

I am thank full with your response, phone revived and semi working the link2sd app.
This message sound familiar to you?



If you have a PayPal account let me know to give you a tekila.
Thanks

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk
31st July 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilloscar

I am thank full with your response, phone revived and semi working the link2sd app.
This message sound familiar to you?



If you have a PayPal account let me know to give you a tekila.
Thanks

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk

you're welcome our xperia zr does not support the Move to SD feature so when you tap an application in Link2SD and select Move to SD card you see errors.
so this is how you move apps to the second partition of your sdcard:
In Link2SD tap the application you want to move. then at the bottom of screen there is a Create Link button,tap it.

now you can choose the application items to move.you can check all of the available checkboxes or you can choose the ones you wish to move.

when you're finished click OK and Link2SD will link (or in other words move) the application files to sdcard.
if you want to unlink an application from sdcard,select Remove link in application page and Link2SD moves back the application files to internal storage of the phone.
you can always see the free space on the sdcard's second partition by taping Storage info in main window of Link2SD.

thank you bro but I don't have a PayPal account let me know if you have any other questions
31st July 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Flag Chihuahua, Mx.
Thanks Meter: 1
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
I just select all the apps and then choose "create link" when the process finished my Xperia ZR just fly! I get the speed back.




I tried to unlock other features buying the app, but it didn't unlock, I try rebooting but the app stills the same.



Thanks again for your big help 😉

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes