Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] moving apps to external SD card

Tip us?

hesseny
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] moving apps to external SD card

hey guys

plz can anyone help me to move my apps to SD card on my Sony ZR ?

thanks in advance

anthonythangaraj
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesseny View Post
hey guys

thanks in advance
There is no direct way to move your apps to SD card.

You need to be rooted in order to move apps to SD. Use Folder mount or similar apps to move apps to SD

seriestv
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi

Im rooted and I know about FolderMount, but that doesnt move the app. How can I really move apps to external sd?

Thank you

RaMin!
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesseny View Post
hey guys

thanks in advance
first you should root your phone,i recommend using towelroot.
once you gain root access you should partition your sdcard and add a second primary partiton with ext4 format(set your device's usb mode to mass storage mode and connect it to pc,using minitool partiton wizard is recommended.this way you wont lose data on your sdcard)
i have created a 4gb partiton on my 32gb microsd but you can choose the right partition size according to how much data you want to move(detailed info about the process described in the Link2SD thread)
then you can install Link2SD (free) from the link below,this app can move application file,dalvik-cache and library files.internal data such as downloaded game data can be moved but you need to buy the pro version(it's better to use FolderMount for moving internal data to avoid running out of free space in your microsd's second partiton).

Link2SD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=919326
Xperia Easy Root Toolkit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784900
The Following User Says Thank You to RaMin! For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lilloscar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMin! View Post
first you should root your phone,i recommend using towelroot.
once you gain root access you should partition your sdcard and add a second primary partiton with ext4 format(set your device's usb mode to mass storage mode and connect it to pc,using minitool partiton wizard is recommended.this way you wont lose data on your sdcard)
i have created a 4gb partiton on my 32gb microsd but you can choose the right partition size according to how much data you want to move(detailed info about the process described in the Link2SD thread)
then you can install Link2SD (free) from the link below,this app can move application file,dalvik-cache and library files.internal data such as downloaded game data can be moved but you need to buy the pro version(it's better to use FolderMount for moving internal data to avoid running out of free space in your microsd's second partiton).

Link2SD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=919326
Xperia Easy Root Toolkit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784900
hello, I appreciate this, but something goes wrong with my xperia zr, I made the partition, then reboot, and start the Link2SD again, then it seems to work because it asked me to select the partition, the menu to select was like ext2, ext3, ext4, fat32, etc, then I choosed ext4.
immediately it asked to reboot, but now I have a constantly loop... do you know how can I fix this? thanks so much.

RaMin!
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilloscar View Post
hello, I appreciate this, but something goes wrong with my xperia zr, I made the partition, then reboot, and start the Link2SD again, then it seems to work because it asked me to select the partition, the menu to select was like ext2, ext3, ext4, fat32, etc, then I choosed ext4.
immediately it asked to reboot, but now I have a constantly loop... do you know how can I fix this? thanks so much.
Remove the microsd card and turn on your phone.go to settings>about phone tap several times on Build Number until it says You're a developer now.then go back to the settings>developer options and enable USB Debugging .
now in your pc go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...t-fix-t2317432
Download the windows installer,connect your phone to pc extract the zip file,run the installer and follow the on screen instructions.after finishing the install you can turn off your phone and insert your microsd card and turn off developer options in settings.

lilloscar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMin! View Post
Remove the microsd card and turn on your phone.go to settings>about phone tap several times on Build Number until it says You're a developer now.then go back to the settings>developer options and enable USB Debugging .
now in your pc go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...t-fix-t2317432
Download the windows installer,connect your phone to pc extract the zip file,run the installer and follow the on screen instructions.after finishing the install you can turn off your phone and insert your microsd card and turn off developer options in settings.
I am thank full with your response, phone revived and semi working the link2sd app.
This message sound familiar to you?

If you have a PayPal account let me know to give you a tekila.
Thanks

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk

RaMin!
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilloscar View Post
I am thank full with your response, phone revived and semi working the link2sd app.
This message sound familiar to you?

If you have a PayPal account let me know to give you a tekila.
Thanks

you're welcome our xperia zr does not support the Move to SD feature so when you tap an application in Link2SD and select Move to SD card you see errors.
so this is how you move apps to the second partition of your sdcard:
In Link2SD tap the application you want to move. then at the bottom of screen there is a Create Link button,tap it.

now you can choose the application items to move.you can check all of the available checkboxes or you can choose the ones you wish to move.

when you're finished click OK and Link2SD will link (or in other words move) the application files to sdcard.
if you want to unlink an application from sdcard,select Remove link in application page and Link2SD moves back the application files to internal storage of the phone.
you can always see the free space on the sdcard's second partition by taping Storage info in main window of Link2SD.

thank you bro but I don't have a PayPal account let me know if you have any other questions

lilloscar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just select all the apps and then choose "create link" when the process finished my Xperia ZR just fly! I get the speed back.

I tried to unlock other features buying the app, but it didn't unlock, I try rebooting but the app stills the same.

Thanks again for your big help 😉